View Single Post
Old 2009-04-13
ManiacMark

Information about joining

I've been to the field a few times to watch and talk with people, attended the 2008 funfly, and just got my MAAC card in the mail so i am thinking about joining and have a few questions.

I have been flying for over a year now in fields, sandpits and parks. I currently have a cx2 heli, a little vapor electric plane, a skyfly electric plane, a SPAD dominator with a .46 and a goldberg electra 2meter sailplane that i just finished and is awaiting its maiden flight. as well as several other used planes and heli's that were donated to me that i plan on getting going when time permits. I also spend some time on my FMS simulator.

my airplane flying is fairly good, i land much more often then crash and can do most typical manouvers. I have a dx6i and the lp5dsm that came with the cx2 that i use as a buddy box and have taugh(or at least let) others to fly, like my 16 year old son for example.

So my questions are, after reading the wimac 10 stage training manual i am wondering how quickly do you think, given the experience, it would take me to be allowed to solo at your field.

Also i understand that if i want my son to fly solo i would have to get him his own(or family) maac and wimac membership but if i just wanted to allow him to buddy box with me is this something that is allowed without either membership this year and if he takes to it i would get the required memberships for next year.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.