Old 2014-09-07
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Andre
Last Name: Germain
MAAC Number: 28669
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Andre Germain is on a distinguished road
Wimac West - first flight at aerodrome

Finally rolled out 200' of Nilex woven geo-textile across my farm. Despite having mowed the grass as short as I could, I'll have to wait until next year for it to die and pack down when I'll unhook one side of the runway and pull it taught. Still, I took off my F18 to the east, hair pin back for a perfect landing, first ever on this soil. I was smiling ear to ear. Sun was getting low, bad lipos all around, managed another 8 T/Os and landings, all very good. Surprising how 15' width of runway can force you to nail them. There is one problem with this material however which I haven't seen mentioned on the web, it is highly reflective so the sun glares off of it at you - solution, hop over to the other side! See the photos here.

I'm quite certain this is the only private runway with an astronomical observatory 50' from it! Never mind the barn. I can shoot landings in the morning before going to work, or whenever the weather and winds are good.

I'd like to thank all those in these forums that encouraged me to leave Wimac with my leaf blowers, couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers and farewell, 20 years of Wimac under my belt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RunwayWest.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	9179   Click image for larger version

Name:	RunwayEast.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	9180  

Last edited by Andre Germain; 2014-09-07 at 10:14 PM.