Club Director
First Name: Michael
Last Name: O'Bree
MAAC Number: 91274
WIMAC WINGS: Solo

Michael O'Bree is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Mike had posted something of a response. I tried to get the response but could not. I think we would do better having a Facebook page to post and run the clubs needs...easier I think. Anyway, This spring I will build the stand I proposed and see how many use it and get reviews. Those stands are proving especially difficult in the winter as the ice has made them IMPOSSIBLE to use. Stay tuned and I build one. i will post pictures.
Stephan - Great initiative!

The consensus from Directors, including Michael J., is that if you can build one stand to start with (including height modification - see below), the club will refund you (expense receipts required, please). Then we can look at feasibility/cost of building more. It will almost certainly cost more than $50 as the Design BoM was out of date and was in $US.

A couple of points made by the Directors:

- if you inform members when and where you plan to build this (and include BoM), you may get offers of assistance/material donations from other member(s).
- the design you proposed is too low (only 2 feet high) so the first step is to modify the design as the platform needs to be at least as high as the present ones.
- consider using materials recoverable from the existing stands, if feasible.

When you are ready, get in touch with me for reimbursement.

Good luck.

Michael O

Last edited by Michael O'Bree; 2018-02-04 at 08:29 AM.