View Single Post
Old 2007-06-27
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Forest
MAAC Number: 4131-L
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

bob forest is on a distinguished road
Not much has happened as all the clubs were waiting for court dates. Right now all those clubs that were served, can still fly. Napierreville is the first club to get a court date. . So little money has been spent by MAAC CPTAQ fund. 500 dollars to date. So not much can be said every week if nothing is going on. We have to wait for these court dates, then we will have more news on what is going on. MAAC will be posting an update soon on their web site. pretty much what I have just written.
Here is what Jean Chevalier wrote to MAAC.
Hi Richard, here is an update as where we are presently standing with the Quebec Greenland Protection (CPTAQ) since we received the visit of their inspector Mr L'Heureux on thursday June 7th 2007 at our field in St Cyprien de Napierville QC to check if we had ceased our operations as requested by them on the "Ordonnance" received on February 7th 2007 with the limit date of June 1st 2007 to stop all operations, after talking with him in the presence of our land owner Mr Real Hebert and also Mr andre Tremblay the Mayor of the Municipality also involved we told him that according to our lawyer Me Jean Francois Guay of St Jean sur le Richelieu we did not stop for the reason that we were waiting to appear in front of the CPTAQ Appeal Tribunal (Tribunal d'Appel du Quebec). Since then we haven't hear anything from them until today when our lawyer Me Guay call me up this afternoon telling me that the date have been set with them for November 30th for which I agreed after contacting the executive of our club.
I would appreciate if yourself, Steve and Bob would mark your calendar for November 30th as we will need all the help possible in order to win this case. BTW Mr Hebert the land owner after talking with him tonight have comfimed his presence with us so Mr Andre Tremblay the Mayor of the Municipalitie involved and also the possibility to have a UPA local director (Union des Producteurs Agricole du Quebec) to be with us which maybe very favorable to our cause if he accept our invitation in a near future. If you need more informations concerning this update please do not hesitate to contact me. Also we have deposit in our Club's bank account the $500. financial help cheque received from MAAC to cover the 2nd payment of our lawyer's fees. If we should lose in front of the Appeal Tribunal we do have the intention to go as far as the Superior Court in order to win as we have to win so the other clubs involved also get their derogations but this will cost more money and then we will need more financial help from MAAC.

Warmest Regards

Jean chevalier Pres,
Club Modeliste Monteregie
St Cyprien de Napierville QC
Tel 450-246-4543

Last edited by bob forest; 2007-06-27 at 08:34 AM.