View Single Post
Old 2010-05-03
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Peter
Last Name: Pleitz
MAAC Number: 78850
WIMAC WINGS: Solo (Heli + Airplanes)

turkana is on a distinguished road
I agree the hobby has changed and the problem I see is that everybody wants cheap cheap cheap. If you look around there surely is a load of crap around for sale and on the web. I refuse to jump onto that bandwaggon because I still belive you pay fir what you get. Then the other thing I have noticed is that people do not read manuals!! It's all about plug and play and quick quick , no more patience with trying to tune something or set it up properly. But the worst is that these people who cannot or do not have the patience to setup things start putting the produkt down indiffrent forums and suddenly whatever they bought is crap just because they cannot set it up. They go online and spread their frustration etc.
I still get my kick when something I build just flies great and runs perfectly it's not all about flying IMO it's also understanding the technologie espacially if it's as complex as a Heli. And I really don't feel comfi around some cheapo mashine trowing huge blades around and questionable electronics. So bevor somebodys flames me, this is just my opinion. Regards Pete