Welcome to the WIMAC forums.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   WIMAC > pierre sarault's Profile > Albums

Scorpion motor glider repairs
The Scorpion a 68" motor glider was badly damaged by an initial builder - I repurchased it and repaired it. Then another Scorpion owner lost his canopy, so I gave him the one on the rebuilt glider and I preferred designing and building a new one rather than ordering overseas, I corrected some of the mistakes by the first builder...After flight tests in Sept 2010 = underpowered and tail heavy! Was re-engined with a 6 pole inrunner driving an 8X4 prop, a 56A ESC and a 1800 mah/3S/35C battery. Way enough thrust but needed rebalancing and control trims - Thanks to Kevin Rochon it was re-trimmed after a harrowing 2nd maiden flight ...finally...Oct. 08-2012
Scorpion Glider Elect drive 003
Scorpion Glider Elect drive 001
Scorpion Glider Elect drive 002
PSIT Scorpion Jan 11 6 - Ready to Take -off ...hopefully this time with no counter-weights and reduced totall all-up weight it will perform.
PSIT Scorpion Jan 11 5 - Closed canopy and lateral vents
Side view
View from front
The new Canopy ...no pilot yet
3/4 view from rear - V Tail angle visible.
68" tapered flat bottom wing
Correct way of mounting servos
Original canopy after initial rebuild complete