Welcome to the WIMAC forums.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   WIMAC > pierre sarault's Profile > Albums

Modified Advance 40
Some years ago I purchased an Advance 40 as a low-wing trainer...turns out I didn't like the shape and I wanted to get familiar with taildraggers. So I first changed the LG configuration and used a polycarbonate radial cowl (peanut butter jar) to hide a rebuilt OS 40 SF BB engine on a sullivan anti-vibration mount...Then after a few mishaps I ordered a 5 1/2 " fiberglass cowl from fiberglass Specialties and mofified the fuselage + cooling ports etc. - Flies smooth and wings have a bit of wingtip washout...great fun (also a billboard when my son used to do lettering).
Modified Advance 40 - 3/4 front view - new cowling and fuselage fairing.
Modified front-end - shows hot air exhaust and refueling valve
Modified Advance taking off at WIMAC field about 2003-2004
Modified front-end also lettering applied
Original modifications included Fiberglass reinforced Landing Gear and wheel pants, radial cowling and a BIG spinner...