PDA

View Full Version : Back to kit building

Andrew Fernie
2008-06-23, 01:22 PM
I think Stephane may have it right. I have been on the ARF kick the last few years and do miss the building. So, picked up a new kit this morning. 50 size sport model, although apparently 3D capable in the right hands. Rumours are that it is pretty good at hovering, so I will practice that in advance of the indoor. Variable pitch, so something novel for me.

It will be out later this summer.

Andrew

BARBERIK
2008-06-23, 01:58 PM
Andrew a heli kit shouldn't take more than a couple of days , maybe a week. sceadu I take it.
Any ways a heli kit is better than a arf, cuz arfs are not put togther well in the first place.

Andrew Fernie
2008-06-26, 09:12 PM
Yes, a Sceadu 50. Tail is on, motor and servos are in and now I need to work on the linkages. Really more comparable to an airplane ARF than a kit in the sense that you are bolting pre-made pieces together. Rather than an airplane kit box-of-balsa, for the helis it seems to be box-of-bolts - just as well they put all the parts for each step in a separate labeled bag. I don't think that I will have much time over the next week or so, but will definitely have it out by mid July.

Andrew

Andrew Fernie
2008-06-30, 08:31 PM
The assembly and setup took much less time than I thought it would, so I went out today, strapped on some training gear, and took it up with no problems. Much more stable than the Blade 400, even with the wind. Easier to perform nice smooth turns, and the tail control is incredible. Went through the two litres I had with me in four 11 minute flights, and took the training gear off for the last flight (the gear was oscillating a bit). If only I had taken four litres out instead of two... It is going to be an expensive summer for glow fuel.

Andrew

BARBERIK
2008-07-01, 09:36 AM
I told you it wouldn't take that long,and once the engine is broken in you shouldn,t be using that much fuel either.