PDA

View Full Version : 42-50-600 vs 45A or 60A speed control

Burning Head
2008-08-17, 07:25 PM
Still have a Q: I buy a 42-50-600 RimFire and at Great Plane they say the SS45A is OK and at tower Hobbies they talk about the SS60A. My Question is,did I will blow my SS45A,I presum I will get lest RPM power but... thank's bro:cool:

AlixB
2008-08-17, 07:57 PM
This is the max current rating. Makes no diff. in power.
One is safer than the other.

Do not over prop. (do not use a prop with a higher pitch or diameter than recommended. as this will increase the current)

Normally on an airplane the current diminishes as the A/C flies.

One test is to use full power for a few secs (static test)and check if the controller becomes hot.

If it does on the 45A you are looking for troubles
Better yet ask Paul Grenier for his current analyzer or buy one .

In any case when money and/or weight is no object the higher the current rating the better.

hope this helps and does not bring more questions :-)

DO NOT FORGET TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE COOLING FOR THE CONTROLLER.

I once saw a friend of mine fry an 80A controller in a 40 Amp application...

PaulG-rc
2008-08-17, 08:12 PM
Hi Richard , Alix

If we meet at WIMAC Richard I will be glad to check your system draw with my Watt power meter and if you use an ESC 50A or below I will be able to use my DPR-50 on board your plane and really check the full data in flight condition. Even temperature of motor, ESC or Battery.
Like that you will be able to see the best prop and power setting to use.:D

Paul

Burning Head
2008-08-17, 11:38 PM
Jawohl,and thank,I hope to be at the club this week with my :mad:dam... DX6i buddy box,that will solve a lot of my problem,Paul,I got the mini E-flite Power:cool: Meter,but I dont realy no how to use it.So I will take a lot of your advice. dake schon

Burning Head
2008-08-18, 11:39 AM
Did any bud can tell me what is the different raport between a 2,3,4 blade.Is it go depend of how much Kv all my E motor got. thank's:cool:

PaulG-rc
2008-08-18, 12:29 PM
As soon as you exceed 2 blades you loose performance unless your motor can take the load demand or unless you can change the pitch like on a full scale prop.
Some props now you can change the pitch but not in flight.
Using a gear drive you would have a better chance to spin a larger scale multi blade prop.
I would stay in 2 blades for better performance and use a scale blade for show if you want to make it look good :D

Burning Head
2008-08-18, 12:38 PM
Copy Paul,thank's again :cool: