PDA

View Full Version : NEW FACE?

zorba
2008-08-22, 06:06 AM
Hi, does anyone know or heard of this guy..."LARRY M"?
He sounds fishy to me..
thanks

Michael V
2008-08-22, 06:56 AM
Why do you ask that?
I don't know who he is, does anyone know him?

Burning Head
2008-08-22, 08:49 AM
No,who is this dude Zorba.:cool:

Kevin Rochon
2008-08-22, 12:50 PM
I got a couple of email from him and he wants to buy my FUJI50cc.

Please let me know if there is something wrong that I should be aware of.

Kevin :confused:
thanks

Name is Larry Mahn

zorba
2008-08-22, 06:38 PM
Look out for this guy. First he says he will pick it up from my location then he says he is on a business trip.

He wants your name and phone number "CAUTION" he can get alot of info on you if you do that.

Next he didn't argue about the price, he was willing to pay any amount.

I replied to him by comming at the field and bring the cash. No responce yet. I will let you know..

Here's the email he sent me...."--- On Thu, 8/21/08, Bill Collydas ,
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,I am ok with the price and the conditions.I would have loved come right away to access it and pay for it once, but due to some circumstances beyond my control I wouldn't be able to do that as am on a business trip.
However,If you would accept money order or check as the mode of payment,then Kindly
send me the details where to send the payment such as your full names how it should appear on ,postal address with a valid cell/land phone number so it can be sent to you asap.I await your swift response so that we can further discuss.warmest regards..
As you can see he is not very good at the English language..
Beware...don't give out any info...Ask me how I know...

Cheers
Bill

JimmyG
2008-08-22, 08:37 PM
With just your name I can get all the info. I need using Canada411, unless you’re unlisted of coarse.

This is for Greg … I notice in the member list for this user only provides PM contact info. Shouldn’t we check for a valid email as well, and display it? Probably not a deterrent but can be somewhat useful for tracking, what do you think?

zorba
2008-08-22, 09:38 PM
he uses different emails to bounce around
this is fro their server...Received: from tomts2-srv.bellnexxia.net ([209.226.175.114]) by bay0-pamc1-f1.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444);
this is another one....Received: from n1a.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ([76.13.13.64])

cheers

Michael V
2008-08-22, 10:20 PM
Here is the email he sent me.
--- On Wed, 8/20/08, michael vernier ,
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,I am ok with the price and the conditions.I would have loved come right away to access it and pay for it once, but due to some circumstances beyond my control I wouldn't be able to do that as am on a business trip.
However,If you would accept money order or check as the mode of payment,then Kindly send me the details where to send the payment such as your full names how it should appear on ,postal address with a valid cell/land phone number so it can be sent to you asap.I await your swift response so that we can further discuss.warmest regards..

Eric Marchand
2008-08-22, 10:27 PM
Wow, copy and paste. obviously this guy is "phishing" for info through classifieds.

My advice : Put on your "blocked" list, and send an advisory to all members.

LAMAHORSE
2008-08-23, 06:41 AM
GDAy guy's,
I've had a experience like that once. It was from Russia and they are bad.

Administrator,,Delete this man,,, If he is interested in your model to buy,, tell him to move his A_ _ to the club with CASH money,, and GO with out any respect for those SPAM... :angry:

Old way to do are better secure,,, sale face to face,,

SW
LAMAHORSE

zorba
2008-08-23, 07:53 AM
Well I sent him an email yesterday...
Subject: Re: payment arrangment
To: larry_mahn@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 2:24 AM

Hi Larry, thanks for your interest.
First this was the last best offer on the heli. I turned it down, not enough for what I paid for.
Where are you located? how would you pick up the heli? I cannot ship it is too big and heavy.
How would you pay sor something that you havent seen yet?
You come up with the cash ( more than 2950.00) and leave me a message on the WIMAC site.
I need your full name, address and phone number.
lets see if this one works
BC

He responded back...

--- On Fri, 8/22/08, Bill Collydas,
Thanks for getting back to me,I told you I will be picking up the heli through my personal shipper,I have some other engine part to be pick up in the area so they are doing this together for me with the heli.I will be paying through Money Order so I will need the name and address to issue out the payment to you.Thanks.

He is a fake...

JimmyG
2008-08-23, 08:44 AM
Hay… I wonder if his personal shippers name is Oddjob. If it is watch out for his fedora :D:D

Eric Marchand
2008-08-23, 10:06 AM
Just for fun : Since he has internet access, tell him you don't accept money orders. But you'd take PAYPAL !!!

xed
2008-08-23, 12:26 PM
I've banned him under his current user account.

I'm presently on vacation in Nova Scotia so if he appears again, ask Ronald to ban him.

zorba
2008-08-23, 02:03 PM
maybe...but I had fakes with PayPal also.He has not responded yet. Maybe he got the message.
Sorry Michael, I hope you don't get burnt.
Cheers\

I'll be at the field later this afternoon.
when it cools down.

LAMAHORSE
2008-08-24, 05:43 AM
I've banned him under his current user account.

I'm presently on vacation in Nova Scotia so if he appears again, ask Ronald to ban him.

Talk about a Administrator that takes care of the security issues,,, even while on vacation,,, Yea,, kick those bad SPAM out,,, thank you Sir and happy vacation on the East coast ! :D

nitrouspete
2008-08-24, 07:42 AM
Hi guys,

This guy has also sent me an email as well. I never replied after noticing he is not a true member. Good work in coming together and canceling his access to our site.

Regards,
Peter D.

zorba
2008-08-24, 07:06 PM
I got another email this afternoon.. He is still interested in my address and phone number..
here it is:
--- On Sun, 8/24/08, Bill Collydas,
Thanks for your mail,I will notify you as soon as the payment has been sent,pls keep other buyers off,you also forget to include your contacts number.Thanks.

What do you think is he real?
I'll just wait and see..
Cheers

beto9
2008-08-24, 10:07 PM
Give him a time and date when you are at WIMAC, cash only...
He hit every classified in town it seems...

zorba
2008-08-25, 08:25 PM
Say Michael, did you hear from him again?
What was the last email you got from him?
cheers

Kevin Rochon
2008-08-26, 07:39 AM
I know I got an email from him with about the same story that he's out of town and that he wants my info tho send a cheque?

Well I didn't even bother to answer that.

After all this came to light I realised by reading his first email that that title mentions my engine but in his text it only says "your item for sale", could be an automatic email?

Kevin

Eric Marchand
2008-08-26, 05:33 PM
Sure, it's easy to get the same information from Canada 411, but a con artist needs more then a target : He needs to know that the target has money to swindle away...

You guys with your big ticket toy items for sale are prime targets for a con artist. If he can get enough info out of you, he can use it for identity theft or whatever else.

I'm sure that mass e-mail was just the first step. Would ytou guys have answered with just a bit of info, he would have moved on to phase 2 and come up with an excuse to get even more information, ultimately probably your banking info to make a "wire transfer"...

These guys are pros, beware...

Francois
2008-08-27, 09:01 AM
I have received the same emails and story for my Jet, it was too suspicious to me, never gave him any info. I asked him for cash only, never heard from him again!

François