PDA

View Full Version : Plane lost - Electric FuntanaX

beto9
2008-09-22, 09:43 AM
Small electric plane lost in the general area shown in the photo. Is a Horizon Hobby Electric FuntanaX as shown.
The area has very tall grass that makes it difficult to walk and to see beyond your nose.
Thank you....

Sunfly
2008-09-22, 11:32 AM
I am going to the field tomorrow.
It is supposed to be such a nice day !
All week will be nice so your plane will most likely be not in the water so much.
I will bring my doggy nose with me :D

crs
2008-09-22, 03:20 PM
I will try and get there to look.

beto9
2008-09-22, 03:23 PM
The reason for my post was to let all know that there is a plane down there, if you are looking for something...
Not to organize search parties....
The area is really ugly.... perhaps when the leaves come down it will be easier...

crs
2008-09-22, 04:14 PM
I know you are not asking me to go and look, but i would love to help and find the plane, also if it was my plane then i would love the help back...
it would be my plesure...

Shawn
2008-09-22, 05:30 PM
Mick,maybe we can make a deal here, you ready?:D

Burning Head
2008-09-22, 06:21 PM
It will be tuff to find the craft after the leaf fall,except if is stok in a tree.betwin 2 fly I will look to Albert:cool:

Mick
2008-09-23, 11:22 AM
Shawn, I could be tempted but I am out of action from my recurring knee injury, trying to get it fixed. Good luck in the great plane hunt.

beto9
2008-09-24, 09:17 AM
Even if the plane remains lost I gained inmensely by the good will of many, many friends that despise my warnings went to try to find it.
At the risk of forgetting some... Eric, Pierre Marchand, Brian, Luc, Shawn, Burninghead, Ronald, Cris.... wow!
Thank you guys, that is why I like WIMAC so much! Is as much fun when you are flying as when you are chewing the fat with friends!

Sunfly
2008-09-24, 09:28 AM
Have to tell you.
After the taste of losing my own plane last year for a few days I know how you may feel.
No Questions ! We have to find it just to make you feel better.
Next time I go to the field ( Friday) I will bring a hockey stick and work gloves and I will give it another shot.
A hockey stick or any long stick allows to toss the tall weeds so it really help to see and find the lost plane. It is specially true in this case when the plane went
nose down, so it will not be "floating" on the top of the vegetation.
So I suggest we make another group visit this Friday.
Who is on ?

matador_24
2008-09-24, 01:35 PM
I'm coming this friday and I will help :)
do not worry beto, we will find it!

beto9
2008-11-07, 05:09 PM
Today we went Shawn, Ronald and I and found (Shawn) the plane within 10 minutes.
It was exactly where I expected it, left side and a bit beyond of the large tree, now devoid of all leaves.
Still, it was not easy to walk but the visibility was better. It was 2 metres besides a narrow trail, buried in the grass but not touching the ground.
When I have the chance of check all electronics I will print another report. The structore was in faily good shape, front a bit mashed in, motor with a broken shaft.... that's all.

To all past and present searchers, thank you very much!

beto9
2008-11-07, 05:18 PM
By the way.... all posts are for helis except one for.... a lost plane!

DO you see the irony?

beto9
2008-11-08, 04:13 PM
After two and a half month in the bush... all electronics work, motor works.

So.... I was a lucky sucker....

The airframe is quite mushy and the fuse needs a lot of work, which I don't know if I will do. Anybody has a balsa kiln to dry it up?

Kevin, if the wings will fit your Funtana... maybe I'll pass them to you for a coffee and donuts.... check it out!

Chapter closed.

matador_24
2008-11-08, 04:26 PM
hello beto, I am glad you found it!

I went once 30mins with luke and never found it! what I found was some scratches in my arms!

Sunfly
2008-11-09, 11:24 AM
Jeeees I was very near the area you found it at at least 2 occasions.
Your statement was one of visionnaire: "We will find it when the leaves are gone".
I am very very happy you found it in that fairly good shape.

I drink to that !

Cheers,

Sunfly
2008-11-09, 11:27 AM
I think Shawn is the expert now to find planes.
He has a doggy nose now,it seems I lost mine.
Oh! I think he stole it from me. :D

Shawn
2008-11-09, 12:51 PM
Luc, be nice.

Dwight Macdonald
2008-11-09, 10:51 PM
Wow! It's great all the key parts still work Albert!

If you remove the covering on one side of all parts and put it in a well ventilated area of your house (perhaps near a small fan), the low humidity (indoor in the heating season) should dry it in a few days.

Sunfly
2008-11-10, 01:07 PM
Shawn I try to remain nice .. but
all those days with the lack of flying make me grumpy:D

Burning Head
2008-11-10, 05:39 PM
You no it,Fall is good for hunting aircraft Albert. They rest most of the time in the bush,hiding and expect no buddy will find it... so great job bro:cool: