PDA

View Full Version : whitch gaz to use whit a ys .91 supasse 4 stroke

boul69
2008-10-01, 08:13 PM
hi i whant to know what is thebetter gaz to run my motor safetely and whit a good power i got a ys . 91 surpasse 4 stroke i see ont the net he need to have 20% oil but i know have differents compagnie produce rc gaz but some one ar better than other if you run a good one in your plane please tell e thanks

Sunfly
2008-10-03, 09:59 AM
All I can say:
I don't know what would be the best glow fuel for you but...
On a Saito 100 I use the Wildcat 2 & 4 stroke 15% nitro.
This gaz has 18% of synthetic oil and it is pletly sufficient for normal duty.
For break in I recommed to add 3.5 ounces of Klotz oil to the first 3 gallons.

That Klotz oil contained 20 % of castor oil. Castor oil is not suitable to use in 4 strokes but that very little for such a short period will be fine.

Castor oil with accumulate carbon on the valve seats (specially the exhaust one) and thighten the valves adjustment. So on the long run ...avoid.

My Saito engine runs like a charm. Idles is reliable at 2200 RPM and I run rich.
I open the high speed needle at 400 to 500 RPM less than the peak RPM depending of temperature.

Very important !

The lower speed adjustment will stay the same for as long as nobydy (like me ) touchs it but I strongly recommed to recheck the high speed needle before the first flight of every day. The outside temp. humidity and atmospheric pressure will influence this.

Neglecting to do so could lead in a lean run. This happened to me .
Running too lean will damage your engine but the first sign will be that the glow plug filament will become dull instead of staying shinny.
A dull glow filament will make the engine to become unreliable tempermental and 4 strokes idle reliability will be compromised.

A glow plug life could be about be 20 to 25 hours of flight time in good conditions.

Hope this helps !

Cheers,

beto9
2008-10-03, 11:00 AM
Are you sure you have a Y.S. Surpass?

The Surpass name is from O.S. 4 cycle engines....

Jusr go to the hobby shop and ask for 4 cycle glow fuel....

boul69
2008-10-03, 11:38 PM
yes you right the guys sell me the airplane tell me i ts a ys .91 surpasse but is not a surpasse this is a ys .91 ac but i think the wildcat gaz goes the best choice ..the motor is not in breaking period the last guys fly this plane but the motor is like a brand new whit a pretty good compresion .....i start it this week end to try this beauty and hear is sound thanks guy for the answer your help was verry appreciate

Sunfly
2008-10-04, 10:07 AM
yes you right the guys sell me the airplane tell me i ts a ys .91 surpasse but is not a surpasse this is a ys .91 ac but i think the wildcat gaz goes the best choice ..the motor is not in breaking period the last guys fly this plane but the motor is like a brand new whit a pretty good compresion .....i start it this week end to try this beauty and hear is sound thanks guy for the answer your help was verry appreciate

My advise: make sure you read the runnig insructions to avoid to run lean.
If this engine is a 2 stroke I recommend using glow fuel with castor oil.

The castor oil will form a thin coat of varnish on the cylinder which is a compression insurance specially on ABC 2 stroke engines.
For a 2 stroke use the Wildcat Premium 10 or 15 % nitro.

Cheers,