PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Andrew

bob forest
2008-10-14, 10:47 AM
Andrew, Congrats on being the new president for WIMAC. I got the news this morning from Steve. I am in Chicago right now for a week.
Brian, I wish you well in your new move. I am sure their is an RC club in the area.
Bob

drgilo1973
2008-10-14, 11:02 AM
congrate andrew ,i hope u attrack more women in our club .lol

Patrick Fortin
2008-10-14, 03:28 PM
Federal elections, U.S. presidential elections......But the most important
one was WIMAC presidential election!!! A very fine man was chosen for
the task, a classy, calm and patient man. Andrew, congradulations,
I am sure you will make a fine pres!!

Pat

PaulG-rc
2008-10-14, 07:04 PM
Congrats Andrew, Patrick is right in every word :D

I also heard you looped your Seadoo .....congrats on that too :D:D

Andrew Fernie
2008-10-14, 07:32 PM
Thanks very much everyone - quite a day, first looping my Blade 400 (the Sceadu still intimidates me a bit...), then the election. Now I really feel guilty about not getting to my C or D level (feel free to bug me about that next year so that I get a move on).

The loop was no big deal at the end. I had practiced on the simulator and was trying to get my nerve up to try it at the field on Sunday. Then after one flight Jimmy told me that the next move for me would be a loop. We talked about it for a couple of minutes then I just did it the next flight. I came out a fair bit lower than I went in so I have some practice to do, but at least I came out above ground level. I also tried a few 540 degree stall turns. Worked O.K., but I really wish I had more tail authority. Would a higher head speed help?

Andrew

PaulG-rc
2008-10-14, 07:43 PM
A higher head speed yes would help but in stall turns it shouldn't matter too much. If you do it in a left stall turn it will be faster then on the right.

Dwight Macdonald
2008-10-14, 07:50 PM
Congratulations Andrew! You are the perfect choice for the new president of WIMAC! Thanks for taking on the job!

briankizner
2008-10-14, 07:57 PM
Hmm- most airplane flyers can do a pretty good loop on their first or second flight.

Thanks for taking on the position, Andrew. You are definitely the right person for the job.

finnegan
2008-10-14, 10:53 PM
All hail to President Fernie of the Dark Side!(LOL)

LAMAHORSE
2008-10-15, 06:14 AM
Congrats Andrew on your new assign Duty role!
Let me shake your hand virtualy Sir!

Hi PAul,
You did change your B-222 photos on post for a very fine one of your B-222.
I like it,, very nice photoshot from the photographer...

AlixB
2008-10-17, 07:43 AM
Its nice to know we have another cool headed and easy to get along with president.

Sunfly
2008-10-23, 03:13 PM
Congratulation Andrew !
You must be the best politician on earth !

By contrast with Stever you didn't even need to campaign :D