PDA

View Full Version : 2007 nationals

Chris Bowes
2007-02-23, 08:23 PM
MAAC website now has details of this years nationals events:

http://www.rcflier.com/maac-nats/maac_nats_2007-00.htm

stephane.savard
2007-02-24, 08:10 AM
Is there anyone from our club that is thinking competing, and if so, in what event? Anyone in R/C Scale?

bob forest
2007-02-24, 08:54 AM
Is there anyone from our club that is thinking competing, and if so, in what event? Anyone in R/C Scale?
If everything goes accordingly, I will be at the Nats, in IMAC, and I am sure Paul Burage, will be there also.

Michael V
2007-02-24, 10:24 AM
Hey Bob
I know this is very premature and I know I am not ready to compete. but I want to learn as much as I can this season so I can prepare for the following season. I am a quick study and very eager to get a handle of this sport. I have printed out the aresti dictionary and looked it over.
What do I study first?

Michael
:yes:

Chris Bowes
2007-02-24, 11:46 AM
While training i would concentrate initially on straight and level flight (that means circuits perfectly aligned to runway) and co-ordinated turns, i'm not trying to be funny but these i feel really are the basics to a controlled flight. Nearer the end of the training start practicing some of the basic aerobatic manouevres like rolls, loops, inverted flight (inverted circuits with a trainer teach you a lot of control!). Study the IMAC basic routine and practice, practice, practice!

bob forest
2007-02-24, 01:24 PM
Start learning a good take off, straight outl then a left of right turn without loss of altiture, For landings, do a landing aproach, whic consist of coming across the runn way in the direction you are going to land, aboujt 100 fee up, then do a left turn without loss of altiture, go for a couple of hundred feet, then another left turn and now you will be parallel to the runway heading down wind, with some loss of altiture, then in our case at WIMAC when you get to the trees do another left turn with loss of altiture slowing your enging down all the time, then once in line with the runway another left turn reducing engine and head in for a landing. If you can get this then your landing will always be really nice. Another thing once you are flying well, try to do three loops in the exact same circumference. It is harder to do than it looks. Once you get that, then try to do two rolls without loss of altitude, and once you get that, do 3 rolss without loss of altiture. This will get you elevator timing right on. Once you have all that, then the rest will come easier.
The first manuvers are the BASIC manuvers practice those, and focus on each.
That is all I can say, that these things might help. Good luck