PDA

View Full Version : TO Heli guys

Tarek Hassoune
2008-11-01, 09:51 PM
The field looks big now but it needs compacting with a cylindrical roller and it is best time of the year to do that the earth is soft and very good to compact I know that there is no more Funds left with the club to do this but we as members can come up with some donation to do the job.

I checked with a tools rental company we can have the cylindrical roller for $150 per day plus $80 for round trip transportation which makes a total of $230 plus taxes if you guys r willing we can divided this amount among us and will have the job done for next weekend. Please let me know your decision. All I is a GO and 2 guys to help

Thanks

Elgreco
2008-11-01, 10:32 PM
I'll give money. Just come up with a number between who ever is willing to give.

Unfortunately time is a problem with me lately with work, so I can only contribute financially.

Thanks.

turkana
2008-11-01, 11:50 PM
sure lets here numbers!

Tarek Hassoune
2008-11-02, 06:38 AM
The fair numbers would be dividing the cost by the heli members any guess how much we are

JimmyG
2008-11-02, 07:02 AM
I’m in. unfortunately I can't help during the week it would have to be a weekend.
I think we have 11 regular heli flyers. With that number it would probably be around 24$ each.

zorba
2008-11-02, 07:40 AM
I can't help cause I'm sick in bed.
Count me in for $100.00
Cheers

jeffrey g
2008-11-02, 11:58 AM
I know I haven't been to your field in 2 years but from what I remember, the heli area is standing in the ( wanna be) swamp. When compacting a soil that is filled with water, the compaction acts as a Pump and causes the water to rise to the surface. When this happens it makes it all unstable.

So !!

My advice is to have a first run with the compactor static ( no vibration) and see how it goes, if you see water rising to the surface don't push your luck. The best way to avoid this is with a proper trench around the pad to lower the level of the water.

I haven't seen your field in years an when I was there we used to refer to the heli area as a pool !!!

I wanted to share this knowledge on this subject to avoid hearing of a disaster

Hope it helps

Jeffrey

Andrew Fernie
2008-11-02, 05:54 PM
I will contribute.

Good initiative Tarek. Thank you,

Andrew

Tarek Hassoune
2008-11-02, 07:04 PM
So guys after your answers and discussion with heli friends at the field it seems it is a Go so I will arrange for the compacter to be ready for coming Saturday. All I need is a couple of guys to be with when I do the compacting

Thanks for your support

finnegan
2008-11-02, 07:49 PM
I'll contribute as well. I should be able to help next Sunday.

crs
2008-11-02, 09:39 PM
you can count me in to i am not on th dark side but i will do anything to help the club or help it look better then it already does...i will also do my best to be there but i work alot these days...
ps : tell me who to pay and when.