PDA

View Full Version : What a day today Sunday

bob forest
2007-03-11, 03:58 PM
Great day today, went to the lake flew 3 flights with the Super Stearman, then went on to WIMAC nice turn out there also. Very windy day, but Jeremy, Andrew Albert Eric and others all put in some flying.

bob forest
2007-03-11, 04:00 PM
more pics from WIMAC,

bob forest
2007-03-11, 04:02 PM
again a few more pics, as you can see a lot of talking.That is Andrew, a very happy man, landing his plane in high winds. going back to get his plane with Greg looking on.
I also forgot to post this one of the oposite side of the plane, showing more decals.

beto9
2007-03-11, 04:43 PM
I did not put any flying: my combat plane did all the flying and I was just an spectator holding the radio and my hopes... I was just thinking: "Oh, my god if I have to walk down there to retrieve it!"
I am convinced that in summer no one would have flown with a wind like the one we had.

Andrew Fernie
2007-03-11, 05:03 PM
Certainly an interesting day with the wind. Albert is right - if it had been summer I probably would have skipped it. Apart from that, a wonderful day to be outside.

Andrew

Eric Marchand
2007-03-11, 09:23 PM
Beautifull day, crazy wind. I had one short flight with the Cap 232, came in too slow on landing and stalled it. One quick trip to Reno Depot to get more Nylon screws for the landing gear, and I tried again, only to have the wind pick up the plane before I had enough airspeed, stalled, and came back down in another belly flop, tail in the air and the nose dug into the snow...

Jeremy Cartlidge
2007-03-11, 10:05 PM
Crazy wind it was. The weather office at Dorval was showing 32 km/hr at 14:00.