PDA

View Full Version : Flying at the lake

Rob
2007-03-12, 10:19 AM
Hello Flyers

I recently went out to fly on the lake in veudreuil, While Bob was on the side
near Hudson I was flying on the other side of the highway; I took the first exit after the bridge and headed towards Chateau Veudreuil, Excellent spot,
easy acess to the lake (Free), And the big selling feature! very few cabines and people. lots of room little to no crowding.
If weather hold out I'll be going next Sunday morning.

Any takers if the weather holds out?

bob forest
2007-03-12, 10:45 AM
Hello Flyers

I recently went out to fly on the lake in veudreuil, While Bob was on the side
near Hudson I was flying on the other side of the highway; I took the first exit after the bridge and headed towards Chateau Veudreuil, Excellent spot,
easy acess to the lake (Free), And the big selling feature! very few cabines and people. lots of room little to no crowding.
If weather hold out I'll be going next Sunday morning.

Any takers if the weather holds out?
Where is the sun, when flying, is it at your back or in front of you. I am going to have a look at it this week, sound good. Where do you get off to go onto the lake.

Rob
2007-03-12, 10:18 PM
After passing Chateau veudreuil it's about 1.5km along the river road on your lefthand side you certainly couldn't miss it.
I was there about 12:00 noon and there was lots of cloud coverage but when it broke I do believe the sun was right above me, due to the wind and my inexperience I sometimes let the plane get behind me but the sun never seemed to be a problem.
From where I was standing on the lake I could see the bridge in the distance to my left on about a 45 deg angle.
I'm definetly going to have to check out the sun issue if I want to fly around 11:00 this Sunday.
Directions
Take the first exit after the bridge and follow the signs for the Chateau veudreuil, you will have crossed over the highway and you should see the hotel to your left, just stay on that road it follows the lake,you'll pass a few
stop signs and go over a couple of speed bumps. The access ramp isn't to far from there.
Sorry for the directions I was following my friend out there and didn,t really pay attention to road signs But trust me it is easy to get to.

bob forest
2007-03-12, 10:59 PM
After passing Chateau veudreuil it's about 1.5km along the river road on your lefthand side you certainly couldn't miss it.
I was there about 12:00 noon and there was lots of cloud coverage but when it broke I do believe the sun was right above me, due to the wind and my inexperience I sometimes let the plane get behind me but the sun never seemed to be a problem.
From where I was standing on the lake I could see the bridge in the distance to my left on about a 45 deg angle.
I'm definetly going to have to check out the sun issue if I want to fly around 11:00 this Sunday.
Directions
Take the first exit after the bridge and follow the signs for the Chateau veudreuil, you will have crossed over the highway and you should see the hotel to your left, just stay on that road it follows the lake,you'll pass a few
stop signs and go over a couple of speed bumps. The access ramp isn't to far from there.
Sorry for the directions I was following my friend out there and didn,t really pay attention to road signs But trust me it is easy to get to.
I have one concern, you are not far from the 40, if ever a plane loses control, we could have a problem, unless you go further out onto the lake. Are they plowed roads that have been done for the cabins, if not I don't want to get stuck. I know that bay, I use to sail in it. Did you see any cars on the ice.
Re the fishing village, where I go, they check the ice, plus the road is plowed, for me 4 dollars it is worth it. They also know when it is no longer safe.
If you can see the bridge that concerns me, we don't want any accident to happen with our hobby.

Chris Bowes
2007-03-13, 08:16 AM
At that location the sun will rise in the direction over ste-anne-de-bellevue and set in the direction of hudson. From what you were saying that would mean that the sun would be in front of you during the morning/midday and behind you in the afternoon.

Rob
2007-03-13, 10:24 AM
The best thing is to check it out, again the sun was overhead so it wasn't a problem and the bridge is far in the distance, I liked it because there were few people and if something did go wrong there would be alot less chance of someone getting injured. I don't like taking chances thats why I haven't flown
where you go Bob the last time I went out; there were too many skiers.
Iwould pay the 4.00 dollars to but it's kind of crowded.
Maybe the next time you head out I can meet you there and see what section you fly in.
As for the sun I due believe the sun would be in front of you in the morning only.
more research required.

P.S. I drive a old sentra and I was ok in the snow.If you drive something a little higher you should have no problems;check it out and let me know.