PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel welding

comparf
2007-03-16, 08:54 AM
I am looking for someone who could reweld my stainless steel headers. They were bent when I crashed the yak (see signature!!!!). I have cut them and they only need welding. But the metal is not thick so I think it would need an expert. Any help would be appreciated

bob forest
2007-03-16, 10:06 AM
I am looking for someone who could reweld my stainless steel headers. They were bent when I crashed the yak (see signature!!!!). I have cut them and they only need welding. But the metal is not thick so I think it would need an expert. Any help would be appreciated
Paul, I go to a welder in Ille Bizard. When you arrive at the lights after crossing the bridge, turn left and go down to the street before the church, Their is a large grey building with large windows that is a show room for a private car collector. turn right on that street and go a couple of hundred feet and on your right is the welding shop. They are the ones that do my mufflers, and the son is very interested in our planes, supposed to come this summer.
I am sure they also do stainless, as my muffler is aluminun, I think.
Don't go up right to the Church, if I remember right, it is the street before. The grey building looks like a house but it is built for this guy. Look in the window if you get a chance. He has a brand new Ford GT the 250 thousand dollar car, and also a Cobra, all original, not a kit. Bars are on the window, but worth looking at.

pauldaigle
2007-03-16, 03:20 PM
You say that a welder has a $250,000 GT and original Cobra, just for show, a custom built house/shop etc. Gee, I must be in the wrong business. Hey Alberto, never mind selling computer parts, go for a welding course.

Seriously, if the stainless is too thin, any welding on it will require the skills of a surgeon. Maybe this guy can do it, but the price should be more than a new part. My 2 cents.:bouncy:

bob forest
2007-03-16, 05:04 PM
You say that a welder has a $250,000 GT and original Cobra, just for show, a custom built house/shop etc. Gee, I must be in the wrong business. Hey Alberto, never mind selling computer parts, go for a welding course.

Seriously, if the stainless is too thin, any welding on it will require the skills of a surgeon. Maybe this guy can do it, but the price should be more than a new part. My 2 cents.:bouncy:
I guess I explained wrong. The house with the cars are on the left side of the street on the corner and the welding shop is across the street from this collectors private building. Worth driving out to have a peek through the window. The GT is absolutely beautiful and also the Cobra.
The Welder drives a Pinto.

Eric Marchand
2007-03-16, 05:30 PM
Paul, if all else fails, I know an artist who welds SS, 60 year old guy, welded all his life. He'll probably charge you $20 for the repair.

OR

I could try soldering it with silver, free of charge...

Let me know !

Sunfly
2007-05-15, 07:57 PM
I know a ex-member of our club who was able to solder anything.

I found his coordinates if you are still interested to do this I can email you his information.
Cheers,