PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! New member to be.

RavenOne
2008-11-13, 08:51 PM
Hi. My name is Angelo.
I've been meaning to pickup this RC Fliing hobby for a while now but somethings kept on gtting in the way. Little things like WORK,and having a baby, hehehe!
Well I'm finally at the point of joining up. FINALLY!!!
I used to race RC Nitro cars and Electrics cars so I understand the difficuties in Nitro engines and also have lots of experience with them. I imagine airplane engines are different in ways but the basics of a two 2 stoke always stay the same. Surely I'll need some help, and since I have always kept track of this forum, I feel confortable in saying you guys will help.
I am impressed with the tight knit freindship some of you have in the Club.
Also seem to be well orginized compared to many other clubs I've experienced in racing. Thus the reason for giving up racing altogether, bad Club management. Anyway enough of that.
So far I have gotten my MAAC Insurance, number and everything so I'm good on that, got it this week, full year paid.
I've ordered up the Tower Hobbies' MKII as my first trainer plane.
I already have a Futaba radio 6XA. Works good.
I also have the E-Flite Hawker Sea Fury. Triied it and gush of wind took me down. Need practice Baddly. So the Sea Fury will sit on the shelf for a while.
I should be ready the train in a few weeks if weather permits, and if someone
would help me out (Instructor of course).
Combat airplanes interest me very much, also fliing combat like I've read on this forum sounds like alot of fun. Of course it would take some training first ,
I'll be sticking around this club for some time if all goes good.
I also find the indoor stuff interesting, and plan to have some fun in that.
Yup, I love RC'ing, been RC'ing for long time, mostly surface.
Heli's interest me too, but I wish to fly planes first.
Hopefully I be able to come down to the airfield sometime soon and check you guys out in person. After that, I may join the club.
I'm being picky about where I join, because I love RC'ing and like to contribute back to the club.
Alittle info on me:
I live in Blainville.
I'm a contractor ( Asphalt,Pavi-Uni and Support Bloc Walls " landscaper" No grass tho! I hate grass.) mostly asphalt."YES" I'm Italian. HaHa!
Not every contractor is Italian but this time you got the stereotyping right.
Just with my business, I can contribute to members and the club itself.
I'm not young, nor Old, JUST RIGHT. in my thirties.
I love helping and having fun,and love RC'ing.

Hope to meet you guys soon.
Ciao!

turkana
2008-11-13, 09:06 PM
Welcome! Hope to see you around! Reagrds Pete

Burning Head
2008-11-13, 11:03 PM
Hey Angelo, you find the best club in Mtl area. winter is coming but there still some nice day to come. So best way to have fun with this HB is to scouting at the club and get tips from senior pilot member.see you at the club field:cool:

Eric Marchand
2008-11-14, 01:23 AM
Sounds like you got the basic equipment to get started. I think it's good you didn't go overboard and try to invest too much too fast. Learn to fly first, and that process will reveal what kind of flying you like, and this in turn will guide you in the purchase of more advanced equipment.

Keep an eye on the field roll call forum, and post when you wnat to go and mention you would need an instructor. If one intends to go, he'll let you know in advance. We have quite a few now, just consult the members list and look for members with C or D level wings qualifications, those are the potential instructors.

First thing we'll need to do is look over your equipment, do a good preflight and range test, and then the test flight. Do you have a buddy cord or buddy box ?

Oh and by the way, if you're not afraid of the cold, get yourself a set of Du-Bro skis for your trainer. Winter flying is the best !

Michael V
2008-11-14, 06:59 AM
Hey New Member!

I should have my new plane up and flying soon, if you need help.
Plus like Eric said, get some Du-bro skis and come join us flying this winter. Sucks to spend all the money for MAAC and not fly durning the winter.
See you at the feild

LAMAHORSE
2008-11-14, 07:21 AM
Welcome Angelo,,

That was a great not to long presentation of your self and interests.
Hope to shake your hand in a near future and share the greatess thing of all... Aviation sectors issues... :D

RavenOne
2008-11-14, 09:25 AM
Winter fliing is a must. As for skies is no problem.
I don't have the Bubby Box or trainer cord, should I get one, I know there is a plug for trainer cord in the back. Please let me know.
Yes, my equipment must be tested, especilly in the cold.
Sorry about the long, first post, but I was bored at home.
I'm itching to get started.

beto9
2008-11-14, 10:01 AM
Do not buy buddy box or trainer cord until you get to WIMAC and find out if there is one available.... usually there is, specially Futaba.
Welcome to the gang!

RavenOne
2008-11-14, 05:02 PM
Is anyone familiar with the Airtronics RDS8000 8ch radio.
Thinking of buying it.

bob forest
2008-11-14, 05:12 PM
Good Radio, but you will be alone flying one. will not be able to get help re radio programming or buddy box.

briankizner
2008-11-14, 05:29 PM
Airtronics makes good radios but few people in the Montreal area use them. If you want help with your radio and especially if you want to use a buddy box, your best bet would be Futaba, as their radios are the most popular. Another good choice, though less common, is JR. In my case, I use Hitec, they are good radios at budget prices and their trainer cord system is compatible with Futaba.
It sounds like you are getting started the right way, unlike many of us who buy our equipment with little guidance, then crash our planes trying to fly unassisted.

beto9
2008-11-14, 05:41 PM
To complete what Brian is saying... come to WIMAC and ask around... there are radios for sale in the classifieds, planes, etc.... do not let the Hobbyshop make your shopping bag....

RavenOne
2008-11-14, 05:49 PM
I have my Futaba for training.