PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Races

PaulG-rc
2008-11-18, 12:27 PM
I just heard on the Noon news that Montreal is applying for the Red Bull Air Races to replace the F1 Grand Prix :D
That would be amazing :spin:

JimmyG
2008-11-18, 01:11 PM
Montreal has a large aerospace industry and to compliment this I hope they do get the Red Bull air races or at the very least some air shows hosted here.

LAMAHORSE
2008-11-18, 01:13 PM
Red Bull Air Races,

As been approaching Quebec city the last fiew months for to have a sutch event in Quebec city...

The city decide to let go that event as it was not structure for their Quebec city environement site...The city saying...

Then the Formula 1 decide to play the big game of money $$$ on Montreal.
The city as done all they could and even the Federal Gov step in to help,, and with out any result at the end of the meet with that big rich millionaire that own the Formula 1 event... Who needs a big full of cash man like that in our city?,,, No one I say...

One of my customer hotel had the mechanic from FERRARI staying at is hotel while the Formula 1 was here for many years,,, now it is down the drain...

I understand the money that goes to many business while the event is here,,, but how far are we welling to go for a event that is be a big business of a bunch of childish rich childs that play their own rules and are not welling to consider that we made alote for their comfort in the past...

I say GO HOME Formula 1,,, and next time you are welling to seat down with us,,, here in Montreal,,, we will tell you how it will cost you to be enjoying our nice city,,, They will not have anought millions to buy us out....

I say GO with the RED BULL air racing,,, that is one of the most popular racing their is right now in this world,,, and if Montreal play their cards right,,, RED BULL will come back every years and make our city a great destination to watch that event with all our good business peoples putting alote of $$$ again in their wallets and bank account...

It is not confirm yiet,,, dont beleive what the media tell's you on your Tv screen,,, but the air race got alote of chances to be accepted and be here by next summer... Just watch what Montreal will become with that kind of event at play,,, we will fill up all our hotels and restaurants and once again Montreal will rise from the rest of the world with sutch a event...

Good luck to the Event director and I wish that this event happen in a soon future... :D

Nicdub
2008-11-18, 01:15 PM
That would be sweet. Try to imagine, a modified p-51 going full throttle almost @ ground level...:D:p

Kevin Rochon
2008-11-18, 01:37 PM
If you want to watch on tv try the sports network, that is chan. 38 on Videotron, on saturday I think it's at 1 o'clock. It's all Extra and Edge(Kirby). It's over water (st-Laurence??). Last saturday they were showing the qualifications they practice somewhere in the desert. One guy had a Cap but he didn't get in he was flying too low.

Kevin

bob forest
2008-11-18, 03:09 PM
Too bad it is not over agricultural land. The the "CPTAQ would get involve and stop them from flying. Then the situation would come up and maybe help us in our flying fields.

Sunfly
2008-11-26, 12:27 PM
Too bad it is not over agricultural land. The the "CPTAQ would get involve and stop them from flying. Then the situation would come up and maybe help us in our flying fields.

Don't give them the idea Bob.
If this event happens in Montreal it will most likely happen over the St-Laurence river. The CPTAQ will then call the ministery of fisheries to tell them those planes will disturb the fish copulations. :D