PDA

View Full Version : Computer support.

beto9
2008-11-18, 03:12 PM
I rarely have problems with my PC but today I lost the card readers integrated in my monitor. It happened to me before and I couldn't remember what was the fix.
Of course, Dell tech support had a very distinct sub-continent tilt to his voice and I couldn't catch his name no matter how much he repeated it.
After trying for 60 minutes and making me do everything I had already done he suggested a system restore. Did it. He also got into my computer remotely (Citrix) and checked everything I already told verbally on the phone. I asked him several times what was the fix on my last call and said he was checking it...
Soooo... here it comes..."Sir, you are going to have to reload the Operating System from the original diskette". I exploded, told him that was no solution, the software was OK, it was a hardware problem.... Get me your supervisor...
The supervisor (a woman) didn't have a different attitude but at least when I asked her what had been the fix the last time she volunteered that it was "Switch off and then on the monitor". AFTER 60 minutes... I did that and... everything worked.
It took me 6 more minutes to give her a piece of my mind....

And to think I used to do support... and I have an accent...
My favorite answer to Office application software problems calls was "Tell me the page number you are looking at in the manual".

So, if you have a problem at the field.... stay away from me or I will erase all your models from your radio and say "There... reload everything!"

Don Casey
2008-11-18, 10:35 PM
Albert next time you have a problem take the speak French Option and from experience you will be transferred to someone from Quebec or New Brunswick who will have no problem working you through your situation in English.

Sunfly
2008-11-26, 11:54 AM
Albert next time you have a problem take the speak French Option and from experience you will be transferred to someone from Quebec or New Brunswick who will have no problem working you through your situation in English.

And I will tell you that Quebeckers in general will not make you putts around too many times before getting back to the very basic little simple things to do first.
Albert next time you have a problem ...call me first it will be a pleasure to help you reformat the whole thing :D:D:D