PDA

View Full Version : Let's show what we have.

zorba
2008-11-19, 08:23 PM
Howdy.

I figured I'll should start something new or not so new.
I saw this on another forum and I think will be alot of fun.

Let's see what everybody has for model RC.
It could be a heli, a plane, a glider or what ever you have and like to share with everybody here on the forum.

If you have photos show us, if not then take some and post them.

So hop to it.
Cheers

I'll start with couple of mine.

PaulG-rc
2008-11-19, 10:57 PM
This is what I have left now :)

Sunfly
2008-11-20, 09:29 AM
Are you sure guys from the dark side should be let play with planes?

Hey Beto what should we do ?

I am stunned !:D

PaulG-rc
2008-11-20, 09:43 AM
Luc from what I can remember in the past 30 years of flying airplane I had 51 airplanes and have pictures of almost all of them still :D
I'm also amazed that I had so many and as for testing models well that I have no clue, just too many :D

Burning Head
2008-11-20, 09:48 AM
The MD500D is so cool Paul, is it the brown Biplane , how many inch wing:cool: thanks

PaulG-rc
2008-11-20, 09:57 AM
The Stearman has 68 in I beleive.
Here is a before and after the make over picture :D

beto9
2008-11-20, 09:57 AM
Are you sure guys from the dark side should be let play with planes?

Hey Beto what should we do ?

I am stunned !:D

Luc, they are slowly seeing the light.. More and more "they" are buying planes.. Perhaps we should create a new category: the gray side.....

Burning Head
2008-11-20, 10:09 AM
7 on 13 of is craft are plane. Paul, is still with us bro.you just cant froget yours real root Paul:D

PaulG-rc
2008-11-20, 10:19 AM
I know I cant let go but now I do prefer Helis ,scale helis.
The planes I have left are keepers ,I like them way too much,
The little GWS A-10 will be upgraded to brushless in do time, its a great flyer.
The Ventura power glider can fly in huricane winds and do lots of stunts, the Stearman is amazingly realistic in flight and the little float plane is fun. :D
I would like to have a turbine jet one day but it could also be a turbine heli :D

Sunfly
2008-11-20, 10:22 AM
7 on 13 of is craft are plane. Paul, is still with us bro.you just cant froget yours real root Paul:D

Gees ... one talks about the roots and the other one about gray
I don't like this ... I am not ready to use hair colorants yet !

Ok forget all about this and let fly :D

bob forest
2008-11-20, 04:35 PM
Hi, these are some of the planes I own and had. The Stearman, I gave away and the Waco, came to a nice crash ending. The Cutlass in the old pic is no longer. The CAP 232 is being repaired, the Edge is still flying, The Cub is still flying, and AG Wagon is being built. I also have a brand new Kangke Monocoupe 98" wing span to build, still in the box, will start when I finishe the Ag Wagon. Also have a Super Kaos, have to look for a picture.
Over the years have had most probably over 70 or 80 planes, don't forget, since 1956 flying RC.

beto9
2008-11-20, 04:52 PM
Bob, you never told me you sleep with your planes.... Kiiiinky!

bob forest
2008-11-20, 06:18 PM
I never slept with my planes, before, until you Albert told me that you did. Plus I don't have a dog, I only have a cat.

Burning Head
2008-11-20, 08:14 PM
I dont have a cam, but some bro from the club, ride me home this summer and coud attest then I have a Electro stik 52'', War Hawk 39'', Cub 43'', foam Raffal 33'' all in good shape with E motor, speed control,servo and dual recever.they are pin to the wall. For the rest of my flot , 2 rebuild and rebuild old friend, my Tigre moth 36''and Trainer craft 48''.:cool:

turkana
2008-11-20, 08:34 PM
I only sleep with helis!!!! :D

Pete

Burning Head
2008-11-20, 08:39 PM
Oups,I forget to talk about the Spitfire but is no more. Get by the DCA local park, I bury it with some bud craft near a special tree. sniff... curiously the park keeper start to think then I try to bury my X piece by piece:cool:

zorba
2008-11-20, 10:08 PM
Hey Albert, Bob don't sleep with his planes, Thepalne is on the bed thats all.
Somone else sleeps with his plane.
Check this out:freakedout::D:)

Cheers

AlixB
2008-11-21, 07:45 AM
Never tried this position. Have to recheck the kamasutra...

Thanks for the inspiration.

LAMAHORSE
2008-11-21, 08:20 AM
Yea I did that sleep with my planes.

That was on a long all night till early morning build, lol...

A small input, while I was doing cargo freight a long time a go,,, I had to sleep in our fully scale size jet with my commander in some lost area close USA military base to save on the hotel expences. It was not to be cheap, it was a pleasure & a ball to seat next to my jet in a dead zone area and watch the sun set & was mutch better then a hotel... :D

Xavier
2008-11-23, 06:55 PM
I counted 90 airplanes, glider and heli since starting in 1997. This is not counting the Cox control line from 30 years ago. Fortunatly, I didn't had many crashes in those 11 years and that's one reason I have accumulated that many. I have sell or given a few but they all have something special that prevent me from selling even the one I don't use often. I am now almost only electric powered.
What I have left in the basement and the garage: 2 pattern airplanes (still have 2 glow pattern planes but they haven't flown for a while), 1/8 scale Beaver, a 1/4 scale Nieuport, a 1/7 scale P47, a 1/4 scale Giles 202GT a Madness 3D, a small Aspera pattern plane, a few foamies ready for the winter, a T-rex 450, a dual rotor R22, an autogyre, a power glider, a small Waco, ect. Almost 40 aircrafts complete or almost complete and ready to fly.

zorba
2008-12-28, 12:10 AM
New addition to the fleet. COMPLETED
Predator Gasser.
231PUH Zenoah,
Condor stretched tail boom,
V2 HD bell and clutch,
GY401/9254 tail
ACE DS1313 for cyclic
Spartan AP2000i Stabilizer w/FMA IR sencor
Throttle Jockey Pro Gov
Jewel generator
800mm CF mains
check my gallery for more photos

Michael V
2008-12-28, 09:47 AM
That is very cool Bill.
We should send pictures like these to Charest.
It shows how complicated some of our aeronautical machines can be.
And that they are not just toys.

I can't wait to see it fly.
I got a very small elec 4 CH Heli for X-mass, I am having fun with it.

Later Bill

zorba
2008-12-28, 01:19 PM
Aha. Finally, another one for the dark side, Welcome Michael, Have fun with it is a blast.
Cheers

Michael V
2008-12-28, 02:37 PM
Aha. Finally, another one for the dark side, Welcome Michael, Have fun with it is a blast.
Cheers

I am just having fun.
I don't see myself getting anything bigger.

zorba
2008-12-28, 06:50 PM
hehehehehe. Thats what is all about, having fun, fun, fun.
But let me tell you something my lad. Once bitten thats it. And you have been bitten. Good luck and have fun..
Cheers

turkana
2008-12-28, 07:08 PM
Yup no way back!! Heheh!

Michael V
2008-12-28, 09:28 PM
I tell you two days ago I couldn't stop this thing from crashing into every thing (walls, chairs, X-mass tree) now I am buzzing around doing figure 8 and flying under tables, it's great.

zorba
2008-12-29, 05:16 AM
you are hooooooooked

Michael V
2008-12-29, 07:29 PM
[/B]you are hooooooooked

I Think I am. I have thinking about how hard would it be to fly this if I had laterial control also.

zorba
2008-12-29, 07:36 PM
Lateral control? How small is this thing anyway.
You have a picture of it?
Does it have a swash? If it does then you can make it roll.
Need to see it.
Cheers

Michael V
2008-12-29, 07:47 PM
Here it is.

zorba
2008-12-29, 10:09 PM
OMG a hummingbird is bigger than that.:D:D:D:D

finnegan
2008-12-30, 10:04 AM
DARTH MICHAEL!

beto9
2008-12-30, 10:48 AM
We, from the planes side (do not say it Albert... do not say it...) will hold an intervention to try to make Michael come to his senses.

If that fails, somebody will accidentaly step on the little beast and remind him that MAAC qualifiers are just around the corner!

Michael, your fingers will be ruined forever if you continue... come to your senses, man! :D

PaulG-rc
2008-12-30, 11:12 AM
No Michael you see how much fun it is and it just gets better dont listen ....dont listen :firedevil:

Michael V
2008-12-30, 12:47 PM
If I were thinking of getting a slightly bigger Heli
Would this be a good starter. Blade CP+ RTF Elec Micro Heli

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EFLH1105

Help!!! Albert. The call of the dark side is too strong to resist.
My thumbs need help.

beto9
2008-12-30, 01:04 PM
Oh, my god...!
He is almost gone...
Forget the intervention. Not enough!
We need an exorcism!
Michael, look at the following picture

http://www.greathobbies.com/products/e/ega/ega85001a_130.jpg (http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EGA85001A)

Look at it very attentively... look at it... you hear a DA100 in the background... look at it... the engine noise is higher... you see the propeller turning... look at it.... test you ailerons... gun the engine... test elevator.... LOOK AT IT!!!!.... now remember, is a sunny day... take the plane out of the chokes.... keep looking at it... taxi to the runway... look at the winsock... PERFECT.... you advance the throttle and engine ROARS to life... up... up... knife edge.... turn.... inverted... It IS NOT A HELICOPTER... repeat... IT IS NOT A HELICOPTER....

OK, you are cured! :angry:

Andrew Fernie
2008-12-30, 01:09 PM
Michael,

You would really be better off trying a 450 size heli - more stable, and easier to fly. Robert Charzan and Alix would have some opinions on this.

Given that you already have a good radio, you could try the Blade 400 package without radio/battery/charger to save some money.

Andrew

PaulG-rc
2008-12-30, 01:48 PM
I agree with Andrew here, stay away from helis with tail motors.

Imagine flying IMAC with a heli, what a challenge that would be :D

turkana
2008-12-30, 02:31 PM
Lol
No no Michael , you do not fly tiny planes do you?? So why don t you just buy my EVO 50 its a great helicopter and spares are cheap?! If you do helis do them properly and you will not regret!!! Huaaaaaahhhhhh ( evil laughter!!)

Regards Pete

turkana
2008-12-30, 02:33 PM
Paul
Were is the challenge?? All a plane can do a heli can do, just better :D ! The Pilot is the limiting factor!

Regards Pete

Michael V
2008-12-30, 06:15 PM
I needed that!
I was starting to get dizzy there from and the Top SPINNING!
I don't have the money right now for a bigger Heli, but I have been bitten.
Yet IMAC still runs though my vains and I love it.
I know when the time comes that I will have lots of great club members to help me with the heli bug :)

zorba
2008-12-30, 06:16 PM
Michael don't look at that picture, that thing will not fly in your garage.
The one you have or a Walkera or a mini titan or a rex 450 those you can fly in the house.
Don't go buy anything right now until you have mastered the little one.
I'll do one better. If you would buy a 3 cell 11.1v battery I have here a Walkera 60B for you to bash around, I mean is yours. Is complete with the TX. Just let me know and we can meet.
Darn it anyway I have to convert you. And Albert don't worry Michael will never give up his planes, is just nice to have a change.

Cheers
Bill

Elgreco
2008-12-31, 10:25 AM
Michael, good luck with all your efforts.

You are a great airplane pilot and clearly dedicated. If you decide to try helis a bit more seriously, it will just give you another perspective on flying as it offers a completely different experience and a different kind of fun.Just ask Andrew.

It's good that you are open minded. Just make sure when you are ready to get something better, ask around the club members on info on what to get, so you don't do the same mistake we all did when we started and spend money on bad helis, which only means more spending down the road.

Happy new year and all the best to all !

Michael V
2008-12-31, 11:28 AM
I PM'ed Bill about the use of his Heli.
I Know myself, if I start flying Heli's I will not be able to stop and the next thing I know I am getting a bigger and bigger one, trying 3D stuff pushing my limits and crashing. And I haven't mastered IMAC so I didn't want to do 2 things at once. But my thumbs are acheing and I need to fly something :)
I am sure I will see all of you at the indoor with a heli soon.
Thanks for the advise.

jeffrey g
2008-12-31, 12:17 PM
Imagine flying IMAC with a heli, what a challenge that would be :D

In helis, Precision Aerobatics is called F3C and is a big thing in Europe but not so popular around here. Scott gray is our national champion http://www.scottgrayrc.com/

You can find more info on this discipline here :
ftp://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc4/sc4_f3_helicopters_08.zip
YouTube - Wayne Mann FAI F3C Schedule A High Manuevers
YouTube - Scott Gray Schedule B F3C
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/f102p1/

notice the wind( flags) in the videos ...

turkana
2008-12-31, 01:08 PM
F3C is a lot more demanding, ask 3 d pilots and they say F3c is the crown of flying, its just not as spectacular as 3d. Hirobo ,Jr , kyosho build the best F3c ships. Just look at the Quality of the Caliber 90 and you know what you are paying for http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/helicopters/index.php?part_num=21996 its awsome. Curtis Youngblood multiple world champion and Scott Gray from Canada are one of the best and they also are the most awsome 3d pilots.

Regards Pete

beto9
2008-12-31, 03:52 PM
Hey, rotorheads... you may find some documentation for helis here...

http://www.helicopterlinks.com/