PDA

View Full Version : How did you get started?

beto9
2008-11-22, 04:01 PM
I found that the thread started by "El Greco" about what do we do was a very good idea. It seems to indicate that we come from all spheres of activity and maybe we should leave to a sociologist the task of finding out what is the common thread.
So, now... for something to help him/her on their way:

Describe how did you get into this hobby. What was your start, maybe your reasons, etc. Anything that will shed light on it.

beto9
2008-11-22, 04:20 PM
And... to be the first to answer...

I was doing a stint in Brazil for my Canadian company installing the first Computer Center in the sister company there. It was in the mid 70's.
There was a park nearby where we used to bring our kids and they had a high fenced enclosure dedicated to control line flyers. I said... "Hum, that's interesting" and I needed a challenge using my hands and fingers to relieve the stress of trying to introduce a computer to a company that was still operating in NCR accounting machines.
I found the hobby shops (not too many) there with locally developed kits for control line and a limited assortment of engines: O.S. and Enya. Not that I knew better.
So, I worked at my model and one good day I went to the park to ask for help to the 15 to 18 years old crowd hanging there. Great kids! Like all Brazilians.
When I came back to Canada the engine noise was still in the back of my head but I expected something better thank going around like a carrousell until the glow was finished.
Around 1977 I went to HobbyWorld, in Decarie and Sherbrooke and made my first purchases. In those days it was faily supplied and the old guy who ran it was pretty knowleadgeable with radio control. I think I also paid visits to Udisco and Hobbieville.
Once with a supposedly perfectly working plane I found out that there was a club in Dorion called WIMAC. Armin Holman was the Prez and my instructor ended being Roger Bernier. He promptly informed me that my Kadet .40 wing was warped and I couldn't fly until I fixed. And the fix was to remove the covering, steam the balsa and hold it somehow in the proper position for a very long while.

I remember in those first days of flying that my first preocupation on Saturday and Sunday mornings was to try to asses the wind and see if I had to jam 3 kids, my girlfriend, 2 dogs, the plane and picnic victuals into the car to make the trip....

Anyhow, thanks to ARF's now I do not have bent wings other than the ones I smash in the trees.

Burning Head
2008-11-22, 05:03 PM
Right Albert,we shoud keep it:cool:

bob forest
2008-11-22, 05:23 PM
Well, I started building free flight planes when I was around 9 or 10 years old, then from there arount 15, I got into U Control, I use to buy my stuff at a hobby shop in Westmount, it was in the basement store front on Sherbrooke just east of Girward. He was a retired cop if I remember. We use to fly at Dorval airport where now is the indoor parking. Also I use to go to Longueil when I competed in UControl, they had a paved circle. Then one day when I was in my early 20's and just married, I was driving on Gouin blvd with windows down west of St. Charles, a farm and I could see planes in the air. I turned in and drove down the dirt road, and they had aobut a 50 foot diame ter round circle of crushed stones, very fine. So that they could run and hand launch. That was the beiginning of the MARS club. Carl Larson, Ray Gareau, Jean Guy Gregoire, Jean Rivard, Maurice Meunier, Dick Baylis, Tom Patton, and many others I forgot their names. I introduced myself telling them I was into UClontrol. I had never seen Radio control planes. They had these big metal boxes on the ground with a huge antenna and a wire from the box to a small transmitter in their hands with one togle switch for left and right rudder. no elevator or motor control. one clic of the toggle you went right two clics you went left. It always returned to neutral. That is what most of the guys had, but Jean Rivard had a Citizenship radio, which was the latest. two channel rather than one channed. it had rudder and motor no elevator. you went up with power and down with less throttle. so after a few weeks of going there, Jean Rivard said, I should come into the gobby. He was flying a Debolt Champion and and he told me he was getting a new radio, Reeds 10 channel. I told him if he sold me the plane and radio I would joing the club. He sold me all for a 100 dollars and I joined the MARS clubs for 25 dollars, that was in 1959 or 60 I can recall, that was a lot of money. So I flew that for two years. I lost the plane for about a few days, it had flown away and luckily I had put my name and phone no. inside the plane, with a reward of 10 dollars. I got a call from a farmer who was fishing on lake of two mountains. they were in their boat fishing, and could see a plane circling above them, it landed in the water 10 feet from their boat, they picked it up, and took the wing off which was held on with elastic, and saw my name and phone no and the reward. They called me, and I went and got it from this farmer in St. Genevie. Was I happy. so two years later I saved enough to get my first reed radio and F&M 10 channed 400 dollars, big bucks. I put it in a Senior Falcon flew that, then got an Astro Hog pattern which was the first pattern plane to win the US nats, I know I have a pic of it somewhere. Then from there flew competition then went from Reed to Proportional, flew, Micro Avionics, CRC, then was sponsored by Pro Line which was back then the Mercedes of Radios. My pattern plane was a plane called the Cutlass which you see in the pictures I posted of some of the planes I owned. then in 1977 quit the hobby and came back in 2001. So thanks to Jean Rivard who is no longer with us and he was the one that started the MRCC. The Debolt Champion, I still have and will take a picture and added to my pics on the planes I own colum.
I found the pics. the irst one is the Astro Hog, then the Senior Falcon with the F&M 10 channel reed, then my first plane which I still have the De bolt champion with an OS 29. Which was the plane which I used to teach my older son to fly on. by then CAN Air was also one of my sponsors. this is in the late 70"s.
That's my story.

turkana
2008-11-22, 05:40 PM
Hi
Well it all started belive it or not with Paperplanes.Since I was a baby my dad took me to the Airport were he had a real fullsize Piper Cherooke.He always took me flying and still does :D .
But sometimes the wait was somehow long for a kid at the airport so he showed me how to fold paperplanes, there I collected my first experience with aerodinamics.When I was 6 years old he bought me my first Airfix plastic kit of a ME 109 and I loved building those planes, but after a while I wanted something that flies.So we got"DER kleine UHU" a freeflight plane from GRaupner.This was my first flying model, wich I build and flew.It was soo great.
When I was a teenager I was into Rc cars till my mid 20s, then I suddenly just stopped because I was board of cars.Then in 2005I bought my first fixedpitch helicopter a M24 from Kyosho(a real cute maschine)!I learned the basics with it flying mostly indoors, 4 months later I got a t rex 450(at that time the grey one).After flying the t rex and upgrading it all the time its more of an Hybrid se now, but I love it.
In July 2007 I bought myself a EVo 50 and got back into the world of Nitro. Well the Evo just flies and gave me the convidence to fly the way I do.So thats about it from my side.

Regrds Pete

Michael V
2008-11-22, 08:57 PM
I grew up around airplane, my father severed in the Canadian Armed forces.

I have been around airplane for as along as I can remember. And I remember seeing the RC airplanes/guys at our air shows but never gave it much thought.

Then one day in the late summer of 06. I got up and went out Ted's hobby Shop got myself a Skyfly and found WIMAC. I called and spoke with Brian about stopping by the field and trying it out with him.

I did and it was fun, for me not the plane. It didn't last very long :)

I think the 2nd time I stopped by WIMAC, Ray showed up to practice IMAC with he 33% WH extra 260. That was it for me, I took one look at that airplane and watched him fly it and I knew from that second on, that is what I wanted from this hobby. To fly really big "toy" airplanes in IMAC. And I have been trying to do that ever since.

Burning Head
2008-11-22, 11:26 PM
I am all most new in this HB, but I allways affter I see the movie The phenix fly (first edition) when I was a kids. Then my dady buy me small balsa hand glider and rubber prop action plane. then nothing for long time... until the PC game online (combat flight simulator 1,2,3) there are not RC sim they are real control sim with black hole and stall etc. then one day, riding on the web. I decide to look for any RC plane.I buy 3 foam military plane,a Zero,Wildcat and P51.I did in do lot with those craft, all crach after couple of fly. Then and only then I decide to joint the Wimac club for get a place to fly real balsa plane but more for all tip from senior pilot.:cool:

Eric Marchand
2008-11-23, 12:17 AM
When I was very young (7 or 8), my Dad used to fly (crash) a few control line Cox planes. I inherited the .049's that survived. At age 14, my Dad bought me an RC Tank from Radio Shack, and also bought himself one. Then we went on to RC buggies, did a few race at the track that Ted's Hobby shop was operating in the mall parking lot. From that I had kept an old 2 channel radio (AM) that happened to be on 72 mghz.

About 6 years ago, I came accross a kit from ACE, which was a simple series Mustang. 36 inch wingspan, the box said it needed a .049 and a 2 channel radio. The kit sold for $35 !!! Wow !!! I could go flying for $35 with my old engine and radio !

I started building the kit, started scratching my head about some technical details, and I hit the internet for answers. I found a club that had a cool website and a classifieds section (WIMAC). I posted an add for a mentor, and a fellow by the name of Paul Burrage gave me a call, answered my questions, and then cruelly proceded to tell me I was NOT going to learn to fly on a 36 inch wingspan .049 2 channel mustang with no landing gear...Bummer. By then I had swallowed the hook whole, I found an uncle that had a Great Planes PT-40 trainer (Some of you now it as the Hybrid) with a .40 Magnum engine (now on my Dad's trainer) and bought a used radio system from Eric Drevers. Joined the club in fall, got instruction from Ray and Krish Blake, learned to fly indoors with a GWS Tiger Moth, and did my first solo flight that same winter with the PT-40.

Lots of broken balsa and donated planes in various state of disrepair later, 1/4 of my bedroom is taken up by the hangar and workshop. I now teach my Dad to fly, after he's given up on helicopters. But he started it.

LAMAHORSE
2008-11-23, 06:44 AM
Did start with a cox control line (Skymaster then)... 10 years old
To follow up a fiew years later with the fully scale commercial licences...

Later in my 20's came in contact with Byron from the USA while base there and got hook and started to fly at MRCC later... With (Cpt.Cooper Air Canada B-727 commander),, & (Roger & Ken Starkey my other 2 best buddies)...

-Start off with a trainer box plane kit powerplant by a OS40
-Pitts Special from EZ with 45 inch wing powerplant by a OS61 fourcycles.
-Royal Cessna 310 balsa kit (secondhand) in the box with 2xOS40 powerplant
-Royal Citation I ductedfan with 2xOS40
-JetAge LearJet fiberglass 30 pounds ductedfan Fullyscale Jet
-Byron F-16,, 13 pounds ductedfan fully scale

briankizner
2008-11-23, 09:33 AM
Interesting, Albert, that you mention the old guy at Hobby World. His name was Mr Ben Shir and was my grade 5 teacher. He later went on to found the store where my brother and I were regular customers. When we were 14, 15 years old, we bought .049 Cox control line planes there and moved on to balsa control line kits such as the Goldberg Lil Wizard. We even built a Goldberg Junior Falcon and a one channel (rudder) radio control for it. (The dope smell in our house was not the same dope as in my friend's houses.) There was no servo but an escapement which would cycle with each touch of the control, left- right- then straight. The plane flew off to parts unknown on its maiden flight. I don't know what became of the transmitter, probably thrown away by my mother after years of collecting dust.
Twenty years later, I happened to be in front of the same store and walked in and spoke to the owner, Mr Ben Shir's son. On a whim, I bought a trainer kit (Graupner Taxi, 3 channel, .25 motor). I put it together and tried flying on a frozen lake. The fuel I used for the first few motor runs was Cox fuel that had survived in its can for over twenty years- The motor ran well with it (This is why I think the concerns over using fuel that has been stored over the winter are unwarranted) It crashed within 10 seconds. I repaired and tried again, same result. A third rebuild suffered the same fate. I then faced the decision of giving up or finding help.
(Small digression- Mr Ben Shir senior went on to become a patient of mine until his death in the early 1990's.)
A circuitous tour including discussions with Carl of Carl's hobby shop took me to MARS in Mascouche and then to WIMAC in the person of the late Rudi Baur and his ground school. I took his course, joined WIMAC in 1989, little knowing that I actually would learn to fly and became a long-time active member. I have no idea how many airplanes I have owned or flown over the years, but I estimate 30-40. It's been a great ride.

bob forest
2008-11-23, 10:44 AM
Brian, interesting about Mr. Ben Shir, I knew him very well, he knew I did a lot of flying and knew RC. I helped him in his decisions on what to buy when he went over to Europe. He somehow had contacts with these manufacturers ,especially Graupner, and bought direct from them. He hated Udisco so much, that he did everything in his power to not buy from them. On one of his trips he brought back for me a beautful Super Tiger .80 two stroke. It was a gift for me. Also he really specialized in ships, with all the parts for them. He has some beautiful wooden kits. Plus there was a couple of customers that were like museum quality builders, and would build these wooden ships for some very rich customers. I use to work in his store at times on Thursday nights and if I did not have a competition on Friday nights. Sammy his young son then was still too young to work, but came to the store very ofton with Mr Shir. Also his stories of being an underground fighter. Some of them were pretty wild. I don't know if he spoke to you about them. Anyway, for me he was a very nice man as rough as he was in his ways, he was a very gentle man. He was always in the back working on his papers, and looking through the glass display case, and see who was coming in. He even caught a couple of people stealing some stuff when I was there. This man knew a lot of things.

briankizner
2008-11-23, 02:46 PM
Bob, I think we live in parallel universes that occasionally intersect. Very interesting.

beto9
2008-11-23, 05:13 PM
I was able to find my beginings.... still there!
Take a look

beto9
2008-11-23, 05:14 PM
Brian and Bob and all... Is called "Six degrees of separation"

Of course, with Bob's age he is bound to have "2 degrees of separation" only....

Andrew Fernie
2008-11-23, 09:25 PM
I started with 0.049 control line. My first one was a P-40 from Testors (I think) when I was probably about 12 years old, and never really flew well, if at all. I then got a Cox PT-19 which did fly, at least until it shattered in a crash - that plastic was pretty unforgiving. Next was a series of profile balsa models - definitely better flyers than the Cox models - and my basement was filled with the smells of balsa dust, dope (no, the paint kind), and Ambroid cement. There was a good selection of hobby shops to go to downtown in those days. "The Hobby Shop" was the one downstairs near Prince Albert and Sherbrooke (probably the one that Brian referred to), then there was the Trainatorium near Claremont and Sherbrooke, Hobby World near Decarie and Sherbrooke, and International Hobbies on St-Catherine near Guy.

I started in R/C in about 1985 after a visit to Carl's in Laval. Not sure if I visited WIMAC and got the referral to Carl's, or if it went the other way. Anyway, I ended up with a Goldberg Eagle 63, OS 40, and a Futaba 5 channel PCM (one of the first of the PCM). My instructor was Yvon - haven't seen him for years, but he was active in those days. I still remember my first time getting ready to fly when Yvon ran up the engine before takeoff and the control surfaces started going crazy. He told me to take it home. I took apart the receiver and found some cold solder joints. So much for quality control. Fixed them and it was fine from then on.

WIMAC in those days was in Dorion. The field was O.K. (apart from that airplane eating radio tower) and served us well until they installed some greenhouses nearby and we figured we had to move and ended up at the current Pierrefonds location. Pierrefonds was an improvement with its two runways to accommodate the wind, and in those days we were flying facing in the opposite direction so no sun in the eyes. Noise complaints meant that we had to discontinue the cross runway and swap to the current side.

After the Eagle I moved on to a Sig Kavalier, Goldberg Super Chipmunk, Great Planes CAP-21 (a model justifiably famous for its tip stalls), Reed Falcon biplane (which lasted until about two or three years ago), the Pica Spitfire (still flying), and a short lived Aerocommander Shrike twin. The Midwest CAP-232 started me in gasoline engines, and also got me hooked on larger models (O.K., only 27%, but it seemed big at the time). I tried one last kit with a Lanier Taylorcraft (foamies don't count, and neither do bolt-together helis). From that point on it has been ARFs. With the vastly improved ARF quality these days I don't see much point in building a kit for most sport and aerobatic planes, but admit to missing the winter building season. One day I would like to build a Balsa USA Ercoupe, but it won't be soon.

I was in airplanes exclusively until this past February when I added a Blade 400 heli then a Sceadu 50 to the hanger. I flew more heli than airplane this summer, but will try to get the airplanes out more next year. I have always had trouble with good rudder control, and have really found that the heli has forced me to get that left thumb moving so hopefully I will be able to get to Level D next year.

Mick
2008-11-24, 05:28 PM
I started with r/c boats as a teenager, the single channel radio gear was big, simple and unreliable. In my late 20's I bought a Verron Impala glider kit and made a simple 3 channel proportional radio from a kit by Micron in the UK. I tried slope soaring this for a number of years. I remember my longest flight being nearly 30 min on a ridge in the lake district, I didn't see to have much control but enjoyed it enormously. The plane eventually crashed, then I found out I had not switched on the receiver thus demonstrating that a well trimmed rudder and elevator model doesn't benefit from too much pilot interference. I built and flew a scale model of a SRN1 hovercraft with an OS25, great fun, no directional stability at all, just like the real thing. Many years and three children later I again started with a glider, this time with a electric motor to launch it. Years too early for the technology to make this an enjoyable experience. So I bought a Chris Foss Uno Wot, an aileron trainer kit and fitted my OS25, it worked!! Joined a club and learned to fly. I still liked gliders and electric motors. I built an awesome F5B model with a Hacker B50 motor/gearbox. At full power the motor ran at 60,000rpm drawing 80amps from a 10cell NiCad pack that got rather hot and only last a few minutes. However, the "glider" could accelerate in a vertical climb and had such thin wings it crossed the sky at a heart stopping pace, it ended its life in a tree at high speed. Tried big gliders, then big glider tugs that ran on petrol, gas it what you cook on in the UK. Great fun towing gliders or being towed, adds a whole new dimension to flying. Then got into waterplanes and small electric helis, moving on to a Hirobo Shuttle, then a Sceadu when the ground jumped up a bit the Shuttle. Then moved to Canada, joined WIMAC and tried indoor electric heli and fixed wing and now back to larger electric models. Brian gave me a nice glider when he left so here we are again, anybody fancy giving me a tow up next spring?

The best thing about the hobby is the people you meet....

Sunfly
2008-11-27, 12:03 PM
First I was born but very frustrated because no planes came out with me.

When I was young 5 or 6 I was always inclined to play with stuff that flies.
I remember bugging and nagging my mom endlessly for 2 days in a row so she would buy me that little red 8 in wingspan jet like airplane that you were throwing in the air with an elastic. I got it.-- Flight duration 20 seconds at most and I was very excited. After I went to elastic propelled balsa planes.
I must have had one every spring.
At the age of 13 I got my first control line with a Cox 0.049 cu a Beechcraft Straggerwing that was too heavy and landed very hard on first flight.
On further attempts to start the engine the fire broke hell loose in the cowling. There was a small thin PVC cowling believe it or not
I blew it off and saved the plane.I think I would have done anything to save it
even risk my life. I removed the bottom wing and the cowling to make it lighter and flew it quite a while. After I bought another 0.049 engine and an EZ Trainer. Then came the Little Jumping Bean that I never completed.

I still have the planes. I can't throw away a plane, I tried but I can't !!!
I gave away the engines but if anybody wants those control line planes they are yours. the Beechcraft need major repairs (2hours). The EZ trainer is in good shape and the Little Jumping Bean needs to be put together 30 % of the work is done.

So I forgot about this for 2 years until I went to visit my cousin in Sept-Iles in 1967.
He was flying control line also but is neighbor was in RC with a Kraft radio and a 3 channel airplane. I went to their club as a spectator an I was hooked but I kept it dormant for many years saying to myself ...one of these days...

In 1992 my wife that was my new girl friend knew my strong inclination for flying and she was pushing me to take my private license.
I did my reality check and told her at that time it will cost a minimum of $6000.00 and that I will be gone a good part of the week end days to accumulate hours with a instructor up to 35 hours. When you do this during the weekends this could take 2 years ( may be 3 with the crappy weather)
What happens here after 2 days of rain ........Monday !

Even after this 35 hours you want to add some more solo hours to be safe before taking passengers.
So I put the idea on the back burner until the summer arrived.
We were bicycling on Gouin in the area of Cap St-Jacques a saturday morning when I heard a little buzz then I looked in the south direction and the first thing I saw is that sign on the opened gate.

W.I.M.A.C.
West Island AeroModelist Club

I think the phone number of the late Ruddy Bauer was on it at that time.

That was it ! I told my girl friend to come with me as she was reluctant to cycle on a dirt road I was ready to leave her there waiting until I check that club no matter what.
I was hooked for good this time. 3 weeks later I bought a used PT-40 that was built from a kit and had 3 flights on it. I was too busy during those days to build anything else so I flew this trainer up to 1999 until we crashed it. I was training my son on it and then you know ... but I will repair it one of these days.
Also in 1999 we got married so that frees up some more time !!
In 2000 we bought a house that needed many honey dews.
Honey do this, Honey do that and I forgot about the hobby since I didn't have any more airworthy craft.
I came back to the hobby in 2007 with that Ultra Stick that I fly all the time.

There is some new projects in the air and I think the next one will be a Tiger 120 with a 26 cc gaser.

That was my RC Aiplanes resume.. if only that one could get me a job.;)

Cheers,

bob forest
2008-11-27, 01:06 PM
I must say that reading this thread, has been without question the most interesting and rewarding part of this thread. The stories are just great. And what is great, is that they are all happy stories. This is without question the greatest hobby going.

Ronald Longtin
2008-11-27, 02:18 PM
(Oops, did some editing and placed this in right thread.)

My early memories are of a Cox .049 nearly impossible to start and planes that flittered around eventually aiming for the pilot, ? , after a few circuits.

After that I got into the big stuff powered by a McCoy red-top .35. It took all winter to build, complete with dope headaches and once out in the field I managed to do a dozen turns before getting dizzy, disoriented and finally hitting a home run in the backstop.

The next plane was never finished as the wing turned out totally twisted.

Much much later Paul Grenier had the patience and nerves to show me how to fly at the Dorion field and I've enjoyed the sport ever since, except for short periods following crashes inevitably due to pilot errorrrrr. Could be that dope.:pSo while dope is a natural product, the effects can be important Bob.

My early memories are of a Cox .049 nearly impossible to start and planes that flittered around eventually aiming for the pilot, ? , after a few circuits.

After that I got into the big stuff powered by a McCoy red-top .35. It took all winter to build, complete with dope headaches and once out in the field I managed to do a dozen turns before getting dizzy, disoriented and finally hitting a home run in the backstop.

The next plane was never finished as the wing turned out totally twisted.

Much much later Paul Grenier had the patience and nerves to show me how to fly at the Dorion field and I've enjoyed the sport ever since, except for short periods following crashes inevitably due to pilot errorrrrr. Could be that dope.:p

JMAR
2008-11-27, 02:57 PM
I got started in RC in 1983 when I was working at my first job after university in Brockville Ont. It was a SIG Kadet covered in silk paper and dope. OS 40 engine.
I don't think heat shrink covering was available then.
Flew it with the help of instructors for 1 1/2 seasons.
Then moved to Saskatoon in 1985 for a job at Nortel and my next 2 planes were SIG Kavalier's. First one got worn out from flying so much, second one I crashed practising four point rolls too close to the ground.
The Saskatoon club was amazing, excelent site in the prarie, lots of room, no trees, large grass runway with in ground sprinklers. The skill level of the flyers was amazing. They were big into pylon racing and had 2 or 3 events per year. I was a race course worker a few times.
Then built a SIG Couger which you see in my picture. Moved to Montreal in 1987 and flew the couger for a few years until it was worn out. When I came here WIMAC was in Dorion and Willis Eisner was the president. The first time he saw me fly he came up to me and asked if I would be an instructor and I agreed.
Flew and instructed at the present site until 1995 or so then was out of the hobby due to being too busy with my business.
Got back into the hobby in 2001 and Enjoying it since.

briankizner
2008-11-28, 04:21 PM
Bob is right. Great thread, great stories. My only concern, thinking about my own attempts which were ultimately successful (Thank you JMar and others) because I managed to find WIMAC, I wonder about how many others bought and/or built models, tried to fly on their own, then crashed and gave up. I suppose, with the internet, it is easier today for people to get informed before starting out. Also easier to find help.

Denis Cloutier
2008-11-28, 11:24 PM
I started with a red plastic controlled line trainer. It went up once and crashed right after. Dad bought a second one, same result; I was now 10 years old golf player! The fun was lasting longer with golf. I forgot all about planes. In 1972, I had the best summer job ever. I was working for a engineering company (Desjardin Sauriol who became Lavalin a couple of years after) doing compaction test for the new road going from Matagami to the new hydro barrage at LG2. All day I was going from place to place doing my test in a Bell Jet Ranger with floats. On slow days the pilot would land on a one of the thousand of lakes up there and we fished all afternoon. That gave me the love of flying chopper. I always wanted to get my pilot licence but with diabetes, my dream stopped in its track. One day I was looking for a small toy helicopter for my nephew for Christmas. I entered Distribution au Modélistes completely forgot about the small toy helicopter and bought my first Sceadu 50 and all the trimmings. The rest is history.:D

drgilo1973
2008-12-01, 01:57 PM
me i always like rc games , cars , boats but never heard about airplanes , untill once i was invited to a dental conference where i met a friend of bob forest who told me about this hobbie it was in novembre 2007 , so i met bob , he recongnized me the hangar 9 trainer alpha with motor evolution , , we had hard time to run motor , me and bob , and so each time i went to field i Brian , ALbert , KEvin , Eric , were helping me ( BY THE WAY THNKS ) and now i admire this hobbie ,
all i can say thnks for all guys that i met in wimac