PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast Spades

Badger
2007-03-24, 08:56 PM
Hi Guys,
A couple of weeks ago I was at the field and saw two beautiful combat planes made from coroplast. :yes: They looked great! I found some plans for a trainer on the net and got the materials to build. I am, however, having a hard time sourcing the square PVC pipe. Any suggestions? I may have to change plans for a coroplast fuselage or a rail design.
Bob

beto9
2007-03-24, 10:51 PM
Reno Depot.

Badger
2007-03-25, 08:23 AM
Thanks Albert.
Bob

jeffrey g
2007-03-25, 11:20 AM
Hello Badger

I personnaly built the BUHOR 40 size from spadtothebones.com

it's a Real Nice trainer i learn on, I was told it's easier then the NEXTAR to fly.. real easy all Alluminium ( rona, canadian tire, home Depot...)

it Came out heavy on my first built But I redid the frame with my engeneering knoledge and that took out ~2 lbs....

hade lot'S of fun with it till I gave the engine back to Erik.. :)

Ron Willoughby
2007-03-25, 11:25 AM
Hi Badger:

What is the internet address for the plans of the Coroplast trainer?

Ron Willoughby

Chris Bowes
2007-03-25, 12:12 PM
http://www.spadtothebone.com/

Badger
2007-03-25, 04:18 PM
Hi Ron,
Chris responded with the correct web site. Thanks Chris. From there, there are other links. You could also try RC Universe who have some interesting forums on SPADs and good hints. By the way, all those election signs are 4 mil coroplast. No need to buy, after the election just recycle. yes: The vote green signs are a nice colour but you just have to invert them to keep it white.
Badger Bob.

Back to building

Ron Willoughby
2007-03-27, 06:22 PM
Thanks Chris & Badger:
I have now found the Spad web site, was out this morning salvaging elction signs and now have a life time supply of 4 mil coroplast. Thanks for your help.

Ron

Badger
2007-03-28, 12:38 PM
Picture of day one construction. No need for details already on the web but to say it goes together rather fast. Once the field is open I'll need a test pilot! Albert are you game?
Bob
PS Sorry about the messy shop but it's a happy shop!:laugh:

beto9
2007-03-28, 05:00 PM
Sure... I am going to be away for a while but... there are many other more qualified people available also...