PDA

View Full Version : Great Hobbies own brand

Kevin Rochon
2008-12-11, 01:27 PM
Just saw in the new MAAC magazine Great Hobbies has it's own brand of airplane in the 26 & 50cc range, they mention that it's made by a top notch manufacturer.

Has anybody seen or eared anything on this reviews etc...who could be that manufacturer?

Kevin :confused:

beto9
2008-12-11, 02:24 PM
EG Aircraft from China (what did you expect? ).
There are questions if the wings are built or foam...
http://www.egaircraft.com/~egaircra/products.php
Their site is being developed. Look at "Pilots", they seem to have one or two good ones...
I think they reduced the prices since they introduced them some weeks ago... If the economic situation continues like this I will be flying paper airplanes...

Jeremy Cartlidge
2008-12-11, 10:20 PM
The 70" Extra 260 26cc ARF and the other GHAir models shown in the Great Hobbies ad on the back page of Model Aviation Canada seems to be made by Shanghai Duxiu Precision Co.

http://shdx-model.en.alibaba.com/aboutus.html#companyprofile

Kevin Rochon
2008-12-12, 01:37 PM
thanks guys

I'll keep watching to see if they go to 35%

Kevin

beto9
2008-12-12, 03:19 PM
So, Jeremy, quite a find! DO you think that EG Aircraft is a dealer of the company you posted?
In the GreatHobbies site it mentions EG Aircraft as the maker.

Did you try to buy ONLY ONE from them?

Michael V
2008-12-12, 03:34 PM
I email Sherri at GH about these airplanes and got this response from Gary

Hi Michael.

Thanks for your interest in the GH Air line of aircraft.

We are working with several off shore manufactures as we continue to bring new products to the Canadian market.

We have an exclusive with EG Aircraft and they will be bringing out their own 26cc and 50cc aircraft over the next year.

In the mean time we added good quality aircraft from other sources we deal with to fill in the void while EG fills out their line.

There are many different manufactures of the same aircraft in Asia and we just look at what is available as we have shipments leaving and fill out our orders accordingly. That is why they are under the GH Air line instead of a specific manufacture. This is also the reason we state that supply is limited so if you see something you like get it.

Our guys in Edmonton was so impressed with the quality that 3 different aircraft went home with staff the first day they arrived.

Gary Stephen

Great Hobbies
17 Glen Stewart Dr
Stratford, PEI Canada
C1B 2A8

beto9
2008-12-12, 04:15 PM
Is amazing... all chinese manufacturers or sellers have no idea of organization in their WEB sites... they throw their products in like into a bin...
Hobbycity in Hong Kong is no exception, is frustrating to try to find something... if it weren't by their prices....