PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin v3.8.0 coming soon

xed
2009-01-08, 10:01 AM
A new version of the forum software is available and I will be making efforts to install it perhaps as early as today so expect some downtime and interruptions during this process..

More information on what's coming is available (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2334).

Thanks.

finnegan
2009-01-08, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the great work on the wimac site Greg!
We all enjoy it.

xed
2009-01-12, 09:26 AM
Note: French language XML has been loaded on the forum software.

There is a drop-down box in the lower left corner of every page which allows you to switch between English (US) and French. Most of the text associated to the "real" forums will appear in the language of choice.

However, there are many Plugins and Products installed on the website that were written by 3rd parties that only support English so its a miss-match of translated and non-translated content for the most part.

As well, the front page of the WIMAC website is driven by something called vbAdvanced CMPS, which is a portal front-end for the forum software. It supports multiple languages but nobody has bothered to provide an XML module for translation in French that I have been able to find. As well, even if someone had, most of the content on the front-page is driven by forum thread postings (News) and through a configuration interface that supports only one large input box which means only one language can be supported.

Someday in the future, maybe by the end of the year, the developers of vBulletin are working on their own internal Portal for vBulletin which will probably better integrate multiple languages...

Burning Head
2009-01-12, 10:38 AM
Thanks Greg or we shoud say ''web Great Manitou '':cool:

Ronald Longtin
2009-01-12, 10:43 AM
Merci Greg,:)

beto9
2009-01-12, 11:19 AM
Regarding language of communication in the Forums...
Feel free to post in either French or English and feel free to respond in either French or English...

I think we all have a fair working knowledge of both... :D

Andrew Fernie
2009-01-12, 12:24 PM
Thank you Greg.

Andrew

Burning Head
2009-01-12, 01:52 PM
Sacre bleu,Albert Je sais .Mais par respect...:cool: