PDA

View Full Version : Who said we can't lift off the same way ...

Elgreco
2009-01-09, 09:46 PM
This is cool..

YouTube - Most Expensive acting lawn mower in world!

PaulG-rc
2009-01-09, 10:07 PM
Thats a very brave take-off, very cool :D

turkana
2009-01-09, 10:08 PM
That is cool. Here some Dude tried to copy him but forgot that blades can be long and Water is not forgiving!! YouTube - Russian Helicopter Crash

turkana
2009-01-09, 10:10 PM
See how the Torquetube just blows the tailboom? :eek:

turkana
2009-01-09, 10:12 PM
I know a bit off topic, but do you actually belive this guy?? Hopefully we will never get one of those at the field with a Rc helicopter!! :confused: YouTube - Self Taught Helicopter Pilot Crash

Regards PEte

PaulG-rc
2009-01-09, 10:25 PM
That is cool. Here some Dude tried to copy him but forgot that blades can be long and Water is not forgiving!! YouTube - Russian Helicopter Crash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDkK2Q1CIo)
Notice that the landing gear is down when it flipped, I have a feeling that the water got in the nose section and shifted the CG , it was up before touching water very starnge that they would lower it.

turkana
2009-01-09, 10:34 PM
Hi
Well the real story is that they were at manouvers and practicing SAR he tried lifting off and the Heli would not go traith away so he pushed more on the elevator, heli started moving , but blades touched water and the results are there....

PaulG-rc
2009-01-09, 10:40 PM
Still does not explain the gear down, thats why I think the heli would not lift off ,somehow the gear was activated by mistake I guess. That must have been scary :eek:

Jeremy Cartlidge
2009-01-10, 06:28 PM
You can see that there was a power failure after lift off followed by a very heavy uncontrolled water landing. Note the yaw and slowing of the main rotor before it drops. It may have then been out of control as a result of damage after hitting the water so hard. Notice the pitching motion; the cyclic seems to be oscillating. It could have taken in water and may have suffered resulting electrical problems. That could explain the lowering of the landing gear. It makes little sense that he would have attempted to take off after a power failure, especially with boats close by.

Eric Marchand
2009-01-11, 10:08 PM
Choppers taking off horizontally...I'm coining a new expression : Fixed wing envy !