PDA

View Full Version : US support for Quebec clubs.

beto9
2009-01-12, 12:03 PM
Check the Flying Giants site....
Well written thread about Quebec fight.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/fg107/38896-our-fg-brothers-quebec-need-our-help.html

bob forest
2009-01-12, 04:26 PM
We need the help from everywhere. So the FG is a great help. Hope more of us send in, and look, the americans are even going to mail in the letter. That is even better. let's keep those emails and letters going.

turkana
2009-01-12, 04:40 PM
Would it help to find out who makes or made these redicoulos decicions and go for them on the next election, apperently its the only language they understand!Maybe we could find away to make this an issue with the opossition! Reagrds Pete

beto9
2009-01-12, 05:06 PM
So, when are we going to get a report about the strategy meeting of last Sunday?:confused:

bob forest
2009-01-12, 05:08 PM
next election is 4 to 5 years from now. So we have to do what we have to do right now. More will be done in about another week or so on the radio. We have contacts that are going to do some talking about it and they are heavy hitters on the political scene. Once I get confirmation will post. Re doing something before an election. I did, I spoke to Geof Kelly the liberal for the Ouest Island, spent half hour with him on the phone. At least he returned my call. Was going to look into it, but nothing was done. Lots more stuff more important for them. I was only one. Maybe if 3 or 4 hundred of us would of turned up at his election office, could of done something.

Andrew Fernie
2009-01-12, 07:46 PM
There were four WIMAC attendees out of around 30-35 in total. Ronald, Mick, Jeremy and I. The first section was a briefing on the latest situation with Napierville and Brossair (basically both waiting for the Brossair verdict to come down at the beginning of March). We then went around the table to let everyone express their opinion on the way forward. A few of the participants then went away to try to distill the various suggestions and came back to present them and have a vote on the best way forward. There will be a two pronged approach - one will be to see how we can enlist the support of other organization that benefit from R/C flying, the other will be to better understand how we can work within the CPTAQ rules (basically, what would it take in the way we operate and in how we present them with information that will allow them to grant us the waivers permitted under the law.)

One of the other themes that came up is that we have to keep the discussion civil. Public postings that become personal attacks rather than constructive comments will hurt rather than help the cause.

Minutes were being kept during the meeting. I will post them (or link to a post) once available.

I should note that we had both the president and a VP of MAAC at the meeting. They are taking a great interest in this issue.

I also learned that our very own Jeremy Cartlidge is chairing the UAV group for MAAC. His background will be a great help to the group. Congratulations Jeremy!

Andrew

beto9
2009-01-13, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the update, Andrew.