PDA

View Full Version : Indoor-Flying Jan 13,2009

Popeye
2009-01-13, 08:53 PM
I went for the first time to check out your Indoor Flying at the gym. I was welcomed by a bunch of great guys. I was able to talk to several persons and ask some questions. I felt a part of the club already. I was impressed by how organized everyone was. Each person had some good flying time each.
I will for sure join the club within the next couple of weeks once I get a smaller helicoptor for indoors.
See you guys soon and thanks for making me feel welcome.

Xavier
2009-01-13, 10:10 PM
It was a bit busy some time in the air. I have seen 6 airplanes at one time and also 6 heli at another time. We will need a longer period and split in more than 3 groups if it continu like this...

Here are some pictures from tonight. If you want to see more, here is a link for more: http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.mouraux/VolInterieurWIMAC#

Andrew Fernie
2009-01-13, 10:10 PM
Good to meet you this evening Brian. We will look forward to having you fly with us once you have your new heli.

Andrew

bob forest
2009-01-13, 10:32 PM
I was late, but looked like a nice turn out. I was able to take a few pics. here they are.

beto9
2009-01-14, 09:26 AM
Ronald....??? Was that a two points or a three points shot?

Shawn
2009-01-14, 12:00 PM
Alberto, Actually, 3 point deduction for Shawn. They went to Ronald for getting the plane down.:p

Flying73
2009-01-14, 05:54 PM
I went for the first time to check out your Indoor Flying at the gym. I was welcomed by a bunch of great guys. I was able to talk to several persons and ask some questions. I felt a part of the club already. I was impressed by how organized everyone was. Each person had some good flying time each.
I will for sure join the club within the next couple of weeks once I get a smaller helicoptor for indoors.
See you guys soon and thanks for making me feel welcome.

Glad you enjoyed it. I got the same feeling when I first joined WIMAC a few years back. It's a great hobby.

Andrew Fernie
2009-01-14, 08:33 PM
Yes, another good evening. It was getting busy... My photos can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/AndrewJFernie/WIMAC13Jan2009#.

Xavier seemed to think that just because he can hang off the prop he can fly in the heli slots also. That will help next week if we have the same congested airspace for the airplanes.

Andrew

Xavier
2009-01-14, 09:21 PM
You are funny Andrew :-) It was Robert's idea to get a picture of both together.

You have really nice pictures. I have some more work to do before I catch you.

Dwight Macdonald
2009-01-14, 09:32 PM
There were many great aircraft and helis being flown by many very capable pilots last night! Indoor aircraft aircraft (and pilots) have improved a lot in the past few years ... fewer crashes result in more air time ... more fun being had by all ... but also more congested airspace ... Perhaps not all the sessions will be as busy, but your suggestions for improvement are very welcome.