PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

xed
2009-01-15, 09:50 AM
When do we get to benefit from global warming?

bob forest
2009-01-15, 10:21 AM
good day to fly on farm land. The CPTAQ definitely wont be out to catch us on farm land. too bloody cold for them.
This has been the longest I have not flown. close to two months. I am going crasy.

xed
2009-01-15, 10:46 AM
I am sadly way over two months, maybe even since September...

PaulG-rc
2009-01-15, 10:54 AM
Not too bad, I just came in from outside doing a bit more snowbank cutting to see when I get out of driveway. I was wearring my big red northpole expedition jacket and only a T-shirt under and I got too hot :D
Maybe I should go fly the wind is calm :D or maybe not :D I worry more about the material on my Heli then me :o

beto9
2009-01-15, 11:02 AM
I am really, really getting cabin fever...

One of these days I am going to cook my shoes and eat them, a la Charles Chaplin in "The gold rush".

Bob, I found that if you smell a bit of CA every day it deadens the pain....

I am trying very hard to resist buying another plane, I had too many waiting to be flown as soon as the weather improves (next decade I guess...)

xed
2009-01-15, 11:10 AM
Albert, you have planes you haven't even unpacked yet...

Buy me a plane, 35% from Aero-works, with DA-100 (must be new revision), with 8 or so 7955 Hitec servos and I'll be your best friend!

bob forest
2009-01-15, 11:23 AM
Albert, if what Greg wants from you so that he becomes your best friend, add me to that list. for me the new Aeroworks P51 for a 50cc engine. hitec servos. now Albert, you will have two friends, and luckily for you, we both own cameras, so that we could take pictures of the great times we are going to have.
Albert, you is a great guy.

Burning Head
2009-01-15, 11:29 AM
You say crazzy Bob,I do not remember when this HB get me . more then 2 months with out flying. start to act like lost dude:cool:

Mick
2009-01-15, 12:43 PM
I flew at the field on Sunday afternoon after the meeting to discuss the CPTAQ. It was glorious, clear blue sky, strong sun and hardly any wind. I took my ultra-stick 25e and two batteries. Two 8 min flights with most of the time doing touch and goes on that wonderful firm snow, it's still a big novelty to me. If my tracks are still visible you would see lots of silly shapes cut in the snow, just having fun to see how fast you can turn on snow. I just about managed a single ski turn, great fun but a great shame I was on my own. So what are you waiting for? If you can't get your glow lit then try electric, just keep your batteries somewhere nice and warm. I will post nice time I go.

Burning Head
2009-01-15, 12:57 PM
You are right Mick. I wan to fly on the river Desprarie near Ahuntsic. But I am scarry to be see by a old woman who think then I wan to kill my self:D The club look so far of my place in winter:cool:

beto9
2009-01-15, 02:43 PM
Greg and Bob, planes and engines ordered.
Just stay home waiting for the UPS guy...

And please, stop sniffing the CA, you hear!?

By the way, did you notice those heli guys (I cannot say dark side anymore... so I won't). They are impressive forum posters... and also impressive buyers.... they put us to shame. Helicopters are the new ElDorado!

I read it in Flying Giants (yes, I know, I should get a life!):
What does an helicopter do when it crashes? The funky chicken, because it flaps and flaps and never dies....

Mick
2009-01-15, 07:15 PM
Albert, you are so right on both counts: posting and spending. I glad we have Michael V., Dwight and a few others keeping the fixed wing suppliers healthy but the king of posting will take some beating. Respect.

zorba
2009-01-15, 10:10 PM
Hey Albert, I'll build another heli table so you put your heli fleet on it.
OK?
Cheers

PaulG-rc
2009-01-16, 06:29 AM
with the popularity of choppers I have a feeling that more tables will be needed for shure Bill.:D

LAMAHORSE
2009-01-16, 07:14 AM
Yea,
Paul is right,, heli's getting alote of respect those day's and will
for the next 1000 years... lol...

Just happy to be a new heli pilot builder now...
Never thought those nice machines would get the best of me...

zorba
2009-01-16, 06:42 PM
Yea I know Paul. Is in the works. This time I'll make them 8' long.
Does any club directors have an issue if I build more tables?

Let me know if there is. I am planning to build 3 more.
Any comments?
Thanks
Bill

Andrew Fernie
2009-01-16, 08:22 PM
Build away Bill. They are great tables.

Thank you,
Andrew

Tarek Hassoune
2009-01-16, 10:09 PM
Bill if you need help or contribution let me know

beto9
2009-01-17, 10:12 AM
Excellent tables. You guys need them.
Thank you Bill!

Dwight Macdonald
2009-01-18, 11:21 PM
More tables to go with the expanded Heli flying zone sounds great to me.