PDA

View Full Version : Beriev Be-12P-200

luisjove
2009-02-07, 05:40 AM
Hello everybody,
long ago that wanted to build a seaplane Beriev Be-12P-200, but have no plans for this RC plane, I decided to start from scratch and do it myself, the whole project. The aircraft will be built at 1/10 scale, with an elongation of 10% wing, so that is 330 cm (130 ") of wingspand, and 300 cm (118") length of the fuselage so. Be propelled by two of 1.08 ci glow engines, with electronic ignition.

I started with the templates of the fuselage frames to verify that they are well drawn.

Attached images, as is developing the project.

Greetings,
Luis.

Burning Head
2009-02-07, 08:37 AM
That a huge one Luis, you shoud start in December08:D

PaulG-rc
2009-02-07, 09:14 AM
Wow! that will be impressive, what body of water will it take flight?

luisjove
2009-02-07, 09:34 AM
Hi Richard,
The construction of this aircraft began in Setiembre 2008,
and put a reference to this work in my post from new member
http://www.wimac.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1670
Since noviembre'08 until febrero'09 not conducted any work on it for a number of personals problems, and now, I thought it was better to open a post, only for the Beriev in the section Building and Projects, and starting from the beginning, so that the whole project is, in a single post. Throughout these days, I will continue putting pictures up to the exact time that is currently building.

Hi Paul, if it respects the scale, would have to charge 6 liters (1.3 gallons), but I have not decided. Will be over three liters.

Greetings,
Luis.

Burning Head
2009-02-07, 10:16 AM
I lift my hat to all kit bro,I will try one soon.Maybe next winter. the last one was a fw190 rubber dands prop,buy by my dad and done when I have 15old .So I guest I shoud leave ARF craft soon:cool:

wild
2009-02-07, 10:54 AM
Very nice indeed I am impressed!.......flying boat's are my favorite!!:)

Hank

matador_24
2009-02-07, 06:46 PM
amazing, you must show the updates!!!!

luisjove
2009-02-09, 04:12 PM
Hi,
thank you very much for your comments;
I will continue adding pictures of the construction of the Be-12.
The images are of the landing gear and retraction system of the train. This is electro-mechanical system, to give more realism to the retraction.
In the clip, the retraction takes 12 seconds a time, but because the battery was used for tests of 4.5V, but the final assembly will have a voltage regulator that ranges from 4.5V to 12V. to select the speed of retraction, the most suitable.
The last image corresponds to the model I made to test the landing gear.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ND_6PY0nBiQ

Greetings,
Luis.

beto9
2009-02-09, 05:22 PM
Un proyecto extraordinario, Luis.
Afortunadamente, en algunas de las fotos hay otros objetos para poder comparar el tamaño de tu trabajo.
No dejes de poner todas las fotos posibles. Ya habras visto el proyecto de Wild con su Spitfire. Gran calidad de construccion en los dos!
Hasta la proxima!

Andrew Fernie
2009-02-09, 07:51 PM
That landing gear is amazing Luis. Are you based anywhere near us? I would love to see it fly when it is ready (and I think that everyone else in the club would be there also.)

Andrew

luisjove
2009-02-10, 05:54 AM
Hi Albert,
thank you very much, we will put all the photos you can. Albert, there is a limit of K for images in a post? Thank you.

Hi Andrew,
I'm sorry, but I live in Asturias, northern Spain. Anyway I promise that if one day comes to fly this "monster", I put a video clip.
Attached photo of our flying field, now we are making the boxes, parking and other facilities.

Greetings, from Gijon,
Luis.

beto9
2009-02-10, 09:32 AM
Si, there is a limit for the image zise but I don't remember what it is. When you try to download an image it will tell you if you exceed it.

Muy linda la foto, hermoso lugar Asturias, la tierra de la sidra!

wild
2009-02-10, 02:35 PM
Are you going to enable the water carrying and dumping capabilities ?

Hank

luisjove
2009-09-21, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone,
Wild, I apologize for all these months of delay to your question, I hope to put a water tank to carry water, 3 to 4 liters.

During these months, I've been working a bit on the Be-12, and has also been long stopped working since I move to a new home, and I've been making improvements on it, under the direction and supervision of my wife :rolleyes:.

I hope from now, and can devote more time to the Be-12 ;).

Well, I attach some pictures of the progress of construction.

Once you've designed the parts in CAD, I sent the cut by laser, to the USA, and this is the result.

We begin by vertical stabilizers and rudders.

Greetings to all,
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-21, 07:13 AM
Hi,
I continued with the images, as in the previous post, I may attach only 20 images.

Greetings.
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-22, 04:44 AM
Hi,
now attached images, building the horizontal stabilizer and elevators.

Greetings,
Luis

luisjove
2009-09-22, 05:09 AM
Hi,
I continue, with images of the construction of the floats.
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-23, 06:28 AM
Hello again,
attached more pictures today of the floats, and some of the tests of paint, I made with my new paint gun.

Regards,
Luis.

Dwight Macdonald
2009-09-23, 11:10 AM
Wow, what a great project! Thanks for sharing it with us Luis!

turkana
2009-09-23, 11:36 AM
You are just Amazing :eek: real modeling great!

luisjove
2009-09-24, 08:43 AM
Hello again,
Dwight and Peter, thank you very much for your comments, you are very kind.
Today I begin to attach pictures of the fuselage.
I started by the rear fuselage in order to prepare the rear landing gear. The rear suspension, follows the mechanical operating system, the rear of the original.
As you can see in the pictures, I try to use the least from strips of wood to reduce weight, the frames are joined together, through the side plate 4mm balsa.
I have built a wooden puppet that simulates the rear landing gear, for once checked the dimensions and bending angles, making the final landing.

Greetings to all,
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-24, 08:49 AM
Continuing with other pictures.
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-25, 06:28 AM
Hi,
with images of today, we are almost there with the work I'm doing at the moment.
This weekend, I will continue adjusting the rear landing gear.
On Monday I hope to attach some pictures of the landing gear already mounted on the aircraft.

A greeting.
Luis.

luisjove
2009-09-30, 03:44 PM
Hi,
recent works.

A greeting.
Luis.

turkana
2009-09-30, 04:11 PM
Hi Luis
I am also just tinkering with my landinggear and its ready out of the box and sometimes can be a real headache, respect to what you are building . Real modeling. Its great! Regards Pete

Denis Cloutier
2009-09-30, 04:14 PM
Love your work. I wish I had your talent.:no:

luisjove
2009-11-23, 07:39 AM
Hi,
Pete and Denis, thanks for your comments.
The project is progressing very slowly, but progressing.
Attached some images from the creation of the mechanism to move the rudders, and elevators, also attached pictures of the construction of the horizontal stabilizer.

Thank you very much and best regards to all,
Luis.

luisjove
2009-11-23, 07:45 AM
Hi,
images of the drawer where they are integrated, mechanisms and servo, the rudder and elevators.

Saludos,
Luis.

Xavier
2009-11-26, 10:56 PM
It's always amazing to look at nice work like this. If only I could work half as well on my models...:-) Keep going.

Xavier

turkana
2009-11-26, 11:05 PM
What a piece of workmanship and art, it really is. No its better then art it can fly! Regards Pete:D

luisjove
2010-03-07, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone,
after a long period of time, I return to post.
During the holidays, I received part of the order of the ribs of the wings, but to my surprise, I was wrong about the drawings, laser cutting sent to the USA, and I had to make a new order, which at the moment I'm waiting receive, without them I can not begin construction of the wings.
During this time, I've been checking that the parts are well designed, fortunately there were no mistakes and everything is in place.
For the wing spars, I used strips of 5x10 mm samba, gutted inside, to put a carbon rod 4 mm in diameter, stuck all with epoxy. With this achievement cut nearly in half, the weight of each stringer, compared with which had been used, pine 10x10 mm. Being a total of 8 stringers, I saved nearly 560 grams.
Ledgers 10x10mm begin as of the beginning, but from the rib number 11, they become of 5x10 mm, so the recess with the ribs of the No 11 to No 17.
To avoid using many servos in the wings, and flaps that are located on both sides of wing dihedral, we decided to have control of flaps, with a universal joint mechanism, allowing me to move the two flaps, each side of the dihedral. I built a test template, and the mechanism works perfectly.
The uprights of the center wing dihedral, are built in sandwich with LitePly inside and outside faces of Birchply. Inside I placed reinforcements on the corners, carbon plate of 6mm, square tube attached, carbon 6x6mm, which gives it great resistance to the whole. Keep in mind that these pieces are those that support the two engines of 20 cc.
Well, waiting for the missing pieces of the wing, I attached some pictures, and I sent a greeting from Gijón,

Luis.

luisjove
2010-03-07, 02:22 PM
More images.
Luis.

Mick
2010-03-07, 04:47 PM
Luis, fantastic work, you are a master builder, well done.

Sempai-mj
2010-03-07, 05:02 PM
Great work and very well detailed!

Me gustaría que mi español es un bien como su trabajo !

luisjove
2010-03-29, 07:27 AM
Hi,
Mick and Michael thank you very much for your comments. Michael your Spanish is very good.
Attached a few pictures of the progress of the work, in the latest images, one can already begin to see a little, the shape of the wing.
The weight of this series the wing, ie central dihedral, most other right-wing weighs 3200 grams, which is a weight that is within the calculations.

Well now comes a few days holiday (Easter in Spain) and will take to move a little if the family let me ;).

Greetings to all,
Luis.
P.D.: Ray a greeting, if you read this post.

luisjove
2010-03-29, 07:29 AM
More images.
Luis.

turkana
2010-03-29, 10:55 AM
Just awsome!:)

beto9
2010-03-29, 11:44 AM
Luis, impresionante! Luego de todos los trabajos que estas haciendo me imagino que el primer vuelo va a ser tipo "falla del corazon".
Podrias poner algunos datos sobre el proyecto? Pesos, motores que vas a utilizar, medidas...
Gracias!

luisjove
2010-03-29, 02:39 PM
Hi,
Turkana, muchas gracias por el comentario. Eres muy amable :).

Alberto, saludos. ¿Cómo estás?. Tienes razón con lo de la taquicardia, el día del estreno; de todas maneras, la parte eléctrica la instalaré de forma que lleve dos receptores (uno conectado en modo 2; y otro en modo 1), pues, aunque en España, la mayoría de los aeromodelistas, volamos en modo 2, hay algunos que vuelan en modo 1, y entre esos pocos, se encuentra, mi compañero Ulpiano, con muchísimos años de experiencia en todo tipo de vuelo, y en especial en hidroaviones, así que, en última instancia, tenemos copiloto.
Respecto a los datos, del Be-12, al principio ya había puesto los datos más generales, pero los pesos van saliendo un poco, a medida que avanza la construcción. El avión está pensado para unos 15 kg (unas 33 libras), y de momento, con lo que ya está construido, más los motores, de 1kg (2.2 libras) cada uno, más los trenes, me quedan unos 7,5 kg (16.5 libras) para el fuselaje. Todo el peso que quede por debajo de 15 sería ideal.

Bueno, Alberto, me alegro de saludarte de nuevo, y aunque muy lentamente, iré poniendo los avances de la construcción, en este magnífico foro.

Saludos, desde Gijón,
Luis

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Turkana, thank you very much for the comment. You're very kind :).

Alberto, greetings. How are you?. You're right about tachycardia, on opening day, anyway, the electric part of installing it so that is two receivers (one connected mode 2, and another mode 1), because, although in Spain, most of the model plane fly mode 2, some flying in Mode 1, and among those few, is, my partner Ulpian, with many years of experience in all types of flight, especially in seaplanes, so in Ultimately, we co-pilot.
Regarding the data, the Be-12, initially had already more general data, but the weights come out a bit, as construction progresses. The aircraft is designed for a 15 kg (about 33 pounds) and now, with what is already built, plus engines, 1kg (2.2 pounds) each, more trains, I've got about 7.5 kg ( 16.5 pounds) for the fuselage. All the weight is below 15 would be ideal.

Well, Albert, I am glad to greet you again, and although very slowly, I will putting the progress of construction, in this magnificent forum.

Greetings, from Gijon,
Luis