PDA

View Full Version : Ah! The great Airplane-Heli Debate continues

Michael V
2009-02-08, 09:48 AM
I have a grand idea.
Let's have a little contest.
I suggest we pick 2 pilots/aircraft style
And those 4 pilots will put on a show at this years Fun Fly. With the crowd as the judge.
I will get a trophy made and we will mark the year and style that wins.
This is just for fun OK, I am not trying to fuel a war here, just Friendly competition. Plus it would be a great fun fly event and maybe boost attendance. If it works out we can do this every year.
I think we should have one rule. The pilots must be active members in the club
So lets vote on it

turkana
2009-02-08, 10:03 AM
Now thats an Idea and I think its great! Regards Pete

Elgreco
2009-02-08, 10:34 AM
Damn.....

First off, it's safe to say that you guys in the Airplane section are much better pilots on the airplanes that we are on our helis, at least from the ongoing members at wimac.

No....I am not saying this to back out, it's just an observation since most of us in the Dark side are just getting into 3D. :)

:D:D:D BUT.....this just means we are going to have a good summer trying to improve....;)

I think we'll have fun not only in the Funfly but also during the season as the day in question approaches....:D

xed
2009-02-08, 10:47 AM
All ya need to do is convince Alix to fly either a plane or a heli and it is game over... Problem is that his passion is currently helicopters... :(

beto9
2009-02-08, 11:04 AM
Helis, as flown by some of our fearless members, are more spectacular and we have seen in past funflys that they are great crowd attractors...

It takes a sophisticated spectator to discern the grace of a plane flying precision manouvers.

This been said, just to annoy you know who... (the guys in the ..... side), is a fair contest.
We will instruct the crowd to applaud the ones they like the most.
Those that applaud the helis get no hamburgers.

Michael V
2009-02-08, 11:56 AM
Those that applaud the helis get no hamburgers.

LOL :) God love you Albert

zorba
2009-02-08, 12:30 PM
I think is a great idea also, BUT you are compering apples with oranges.
Some of the manuevers the heli does cannot be done by a plane and some of the manuevers the plane does cannot be done by heli.
NOW that been said we can have a contest with planes only and a contest with helis only and there should be two trophies awarded. No?

And how would you judge the competition? by size, by looks, by performance, or ect. ect. ect.
When you compete in a contest all the competitors use the same object and same style.
Is like having a contest with Top fuel dragster and a NASCAR car.. No contest at all.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

Michael V
2009-02-08, 01:21 PM
I think is a great idea also, BUT you are compering apples with oranges.
Some of the manuevers the heli does cannot be done by a plane and some of the manuevers the plane does cannot be done by heli.
NOW that been said we can have a contest with planes only and a contest with helis only and there should be two trophies awarded. No?

And how would you judge the competition? by size, by looks, by performance, or ect. ect. ect.
When you compete in a contest all the competitors use the same object and same style.
Is like having a contest with Top fuel dragster and a NASCAR car.. No contest at all.

Just my two cents.

Cheers
Bill I think you are missing the idea.
All that the pilots have to do is put on a fun 5-10min show that hilights the pilot/aircrafts abilites. Something fun and exciting, safely of cource. Be inventive, like have an anouncer to point out the manuvers, smoke or putting it to music. The crowd just wants to see something.
Remember this is all in good fun.
It's not a drag race with a clear cut winner, it's a show.

turkana
2009-02-08, 01:39 PM
Talking about dragrace, we also should have a heli dragrace always great fun. Regards Pete

finnegan
2009-02-08, 04:27 PM
I propose Pete and Mario to represent the Dark Side!:orange:

turkana
2009-02-08, 05:16 PM
Thanks Larry.

Well lets see if I get my Vibe started till then.....:mad: . I am a bit Impatient at the moment, well I guess it will get better after I come back from my 4 weeks off and then I have to look for a new job otherwise I will go nuts. Anyway looks like we have thinks planed for this year hehe, well lets show them that we can beat the air to submission......:D

Regards Pete