PDA

View Full Version : Airwolf 30

zorba
2009-02-08, 12:41 PM
Hi folks well today I started the painting process for the Airwolf 30.

Spring is not fa away so I better get going with it.

First of the box.
Whats in the box.
Out of the box.
All sanded with 320 grit wet paper.
Primed with automotive sealer/primer
I wll keep you posted of the progress.
Cheers

matador_24
2009-02-08, 01:45 PM
Hello Billy, I had already started a thread about it thanking you openly for painting the fuselage! you are doing an awesome job!!!!!! I received the part that was crack of the raptor, I should try to try it out and set it up to scale mode and try it out for many tanks to make sure that everything is good.

Keep us updated billy, it is looking just awesome!!!!!

matador_24
2009-02-25, 08:54 AM
Hello Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everything doing????
I have been too busy with school, I haven't had the chance of trying the raptor 30. I am finishing this period next week and I'll have a couple of days free to try the heli. I hope everything will work fine.

Did u do the camouflage painting to the heli already???

Do not worry if you have not, I calculate if EVERYTHING goes well with the raptor 30 and no crash (hope!), then it should be ready to receive the fuselage in May....but you are the associate leader of the project, so, whenever you want...

Anyway, give some news from you with ur projects, it is always interesting to know, in what billy boy is working on!

PaulG-rc
2009-02-25, 09:00 AM
Me too Billy I'm anxious to see were its at :D

matador_24
2009-02-25, 11:26 AM
I was checking back the pictures with the primer gray,

I think that even just in that color, the airwolf looks nice!, just to put some scale details and it could pass by US naval heli force!

I can not imagine how it will look like after camouflage colors!

zorba
2009-02-27, 06:03 PM
Hey Luis. I've been too busy at work and with the projects at home(mine).
Like I said before the fuse is primed, I brought it home and sanded it with 320 grit wet, to smooth things up. Century has a very nice selection of fuses but the quality sucks.
The area where the fuse is joint the two halves is very porous
and I had to do some filling with a glazing compound.
I sanded that and now I have to go to the shop and give it another coat of primer and re sand with 400 wet. and if it looks good,
Then sand with 600 wet and put on the base coat. 2 coats
So as you can see there's a lot of preparation prior to painting. Once you put the base coat on and there are imperfections, then is too late and you have to leave with it, or you have to start over again, and I don't want to do this.
So pensions my friend it will get done.

Cheers
Bill

LAMAHORSE
2009-02-27, 08:58 PM
Nice machine you got your self Bill,,
Very nice...

finnegan
2009-02-27, 10:53 PM
Nice machine you got your self Bill,,
Very nice...

It belongs to Luis.

matador_24
2009-02-28, 01:20 AM
Thanks Billy, you are the man!

No rush, I am very busy with school, I have not had time yet to check the raptor 30, it will still take me a couple of weeks before I can try it out.....

thanks you are doing a great job!

zorba
2009-02-28, 06:09 AM
Thanks Serge, but like Finnegan said it belongs to Luis. I am just doing the paint scheme..

Cheers

LAMAHORSE
2009-02-28, 06:42 AM
Sorry,
for that owner mistake...

What is the color scheme that Mr. Luis (owner) have ask you to do on her?
I know it will be CAMO,, any pictures of the real CAMO design you will base your self on to design paint this Helicopter?

Will follow your process on her...

zorba
2009-03-01, 04:27 PM
Hello Serge, He picked the colors and I will do my won design for that model. They are not any out there looking like this one for sure. I hope it turns out ok. and he likes it.
Cheers

Denis Cloutier
2009-03-06, 10:00 PM
Hi Bill

I am in the process of painting my EC120B Colibri fiberglass body and I need to fid a place to by good quality paint. Do you have a good place to suggest me?

zorba
2009-03-06, 11:00 PM
Hi Denis,
I get my paints from an automotive store.
Is called Car Quest is on Gouin West after Probex between Sources and
Sunnybrook.
They are not cheap and you need a sprayer to apply them.
I did mine and Luis's that way.
The paints are made by B.A.S.F.

Don't buy spray bombs, you wont be able to apply the clear coat after it with wrinkle.

Cheers

Denis Cloutier
2009-03-06, 11:20 PM
Thank you for the info. I have a compressor car painting spray canister and hairbrush. I will try them tomorrow.:D

matador_24
2009-03-19, 12:49 PM
Hello billyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy boyyyyyyy,
Hey, I tried the raptor 30 a couple of days ago, 4 tanks, it seems to be ready to take the fuselage. Still, take your time!
I want to try it out some flights more just to make sure that there is nothing wrong. I have been adjusting cyclic expos, throttle and gyro in order to make it smooth.

:)

zorba
2009-03-19, 09:56 PM
No problem Luissssssssssssssssssssss

I'll try to get it done by next week.
Too busy at work and putting in 6 days a week is a pain to do anything.
I will let you know.
Put more flights with it now cause when it goes into the fuse there will be no margin for error, if you know what I mean.

So do the crazy stuff that you do, cause this will be the time you will have freedom LOL

Cheers

zorba
2009-04-05, 03:10 PM
well is been awahile since I posted on this project. Finally she is getting there/
Not being able to go to the field I desided to do some painting.

All went well and the two colors are apllied.
It took amlost two hours to do which is just enough time before the paint starts to seperate.

I will let it dry for a bit and maybe go back tonite and put on the the clear coat.

I had to have the garage door open and it was a bit breeze, maybe tonite the wind will die down, if not then next week.

Cheers

zorba
2009-04-05, 03:22 PM
forgot the pictures :p;):D

matador_24
2009-04-05, 05:11 PM
Hey billy, it is awesome!, it will be the first airwolf of its kind thanks to you!
Just a quick question, why does it look another color in picture 2???? is that because of the light?? which combination is the final one, picture 1 or 2?

Elgreco
2009-04-05, 05:59 PM
Hi Louis. It's the first picture. The base coat is as you see it in the last picture.
It's just the flash doing trick with the angle of the shot.

matador_24
2009-04-05, 06:49 PM
Thanks Mario...
The color is amazing, just as I wanted, there is no airwolf or bell222 with that kind of camouflage, I was trying to look of the internet and nothing! I gotta take many pictures when the heli is ready.... it seems it is going to be really cool!!!!! let's say how many flights it can last, lollllllllllll (that is why I gotta make many many pictures before flying)

zorba
2009-11-22, 07:19 PM
It has been awhile but she is finished.
I finally completed Matador's 24 Airwolf 30 size.
He asked for the camouflage colors and the venom decals.
Hereshe is...
Enjoy

matador_24
2009-11-22, 07:54 PM
what a surprise Billy!!!!

Thanks a lot!!! it looks awesome!!!! You are just amazing!

zorba
2009-11-22, 08:53 PM
Thanks Luis. Let me know when you are going to pick it up.
You have to finish the rest of her.

Cheers

JimmyG
2009-11-23, 04:37 PM
Beautiful job Bill I like the color scheme but for me as soon as it is at a level with a dark or green background I wouldn’t see it any more.
Luis eat lots of carrots there good for your eyes. :D You’re going to have one awesome machine. I’m looking forwarded to seeing it.. Or maybe just hearing it in the air. :D:D:

zorba
2009-11-23, 05:40 PM
Luis you better start practising on the sim. I meant it. I want to see it in the air a bit longer than the usual flight time LOL

matador_24
2009-11-24, 10:07 AM
hehehehe, do not expect too much!!!!
But I'll do my best!!!! Normal flying should be fine ;)

LAMAHORSE
2009-11-26, 06:47 AM
Nice painting creation Bill,
as always ...

You better keep it up in the blue sky to see it
with that CAMO on ... :D

matador_24
2011-11-01, 12:27 AM
I want to thank again Billy who painted my airwolf. I finally got the time to finish it! (yes after 2 years!)... Here are some pictures.... I have had 8 flights with it and everything seems perfect so far. I am still trimming it. I unfortunately damaged the upper canopy during the first maiden attempt because I didn't put enough screws and that thing is powerful, the upper canopy came loose and hit the rotor, I put some fiberglass to fix and reinforce and I'll take the time to sand and fix during winter, maybe painting again the upper canopy... After that I put more screws and now it is very solid and it will not move!
I haven't finished it yet. I'll keep flying it like that the rest of the year (not much time to fix or build) like that and I'll put lights and the rest of the windshields and accessories during winter.

Here are some pictures and a video.... the mechanics are raptor 30 electric conversion...

:D

matador_24
2011-11-01, 12:30 AM
Thanks Billy!

matador_24
2011-11-01, 01:24 AM
and here is the video:

rc airwolf camouflage - YouTube

zorba
2011-11-01, 05:14 AM
Wow Luis. Is been a long time. You finaly did it. Nicelly done.
What is the next project? The only thing, change the blades, camouflage.

Cheers

Sempai-mj
2011-11-01, 07:06 AM
Nice chopper,

Not to be a kill-joy but since you posted your flight on the web-site, you do know the club discourages flying in parks and public roads.:confused:

matador_24
2011-11-01, 11:17 AM
Hello michael thanks for your contribution to this thread. For your wellbeing is a dead end road with no traffic, on a sunday no cars, no people besides me and my friend then the futball stadium empty. I was going to fly 5mins (got only 1 lipo, i hovered 1.5 mins on the road just to get the pavement part for videos purposes and the rest in the empty stadium) and not driving 1hr10mins round trip to the club to do so. You are invited to PM before commenting to get the full panorama and avoid threads becoming debates about the rules.

Yes billy! And it is not finished yet, I will add the rest of accessories during winter, lights, etc where can i get the camouflage bladess? Or i can just paint them???

Next project should a md500 defender in 50 size mechanics. I think wheels' helis are tricky to take off and land, i just learned that!
:)

Sempai-mj
2011-11-01, 11:39 AM
Ok PM it is.

Burning Head
2011-11-01, 11:56 AM
Any way :), I am shure then Luis know , the Maac do not cover us when we are flying in a local park:cool:. Nice machine

matador_24
2011-11-07, 09:15 AM
An airwolf at the club... thanks Gregory for filming......

rc airwolf - YouTube

:D

Kevin Rochon
2011-11-07, 07:30 PM
really nice but it needs some lights to bring up the cool factor;)

MidnightHeli
2011-11-16, 08:57 PM
I got air sick watching the first part of this video (post 32). Nice work on the Airwolf.

matador_24
2011-11-16, 10:59 PM
Thanks! yes, it is a very nice heli, it flies very nicely..... I am impressed.... I love it.....

Hello Kevin! the heli is not finished yet! I'll put the lights and the rest of the accessories during winter!..... it should be very nice when every thing is done!