PDA

View Full Version : Morane-Saulnier MS500 (Storch 156)

Xavier
2009-02-24, 09:27 PM
Here is another project that I am working on. It's a 1/6 scale Storch 156 from a Svenson kit. It originaly had old Futaba servos and a .90 glow motor that I removed and gave back to the previous owner who got it in a lot or something.

I start removing some of the covering that was in bad shape and not much will remain in the end I think. I am not sure what I will use to recover it.

One thing I am sure is that it will have an electric motor, an AXI 4130 on 5S or 6S. The aileron and flap servos (2 in each wing) will be connected to the surface by short rods in lieu of the long torque tube that were there before. It will also have navigation and landing lights.

The other change is that is will become the French version of the airplane, a Morane-Saulnier MS500.

See more picture here: http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.mouraux/MoraneSaulnierMS500?authkey=mRmuqC9R2fY#

If someone have seen that aircraft before and could tell me who build it, I will appreciate. It seems to have been build at least 10-15 years ago.

wawapilot
2009-02-25, 10:14 AM
It was interesting to find some info and photos of the Criquet,
as they named it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morane-Saulnier_MS-500
You probably already saw them.

Xavier
2009-02-25, 11:40 AM
Thanks Warren. Wikipedia is a great place to found info. I found a lot of stuff on the plane once I started looking on the web. It was also interesting to learn that Gerhard Fieseler was the first aerobatic world champion in 1934 a few year before designing the 156.

YouTube - Fieseler and the F2 Tiger - 1st World Aerobatic Champion

The motor is fitted now with the 5S battery as well as one flap and one aileron servo.

Mick
2009-02-25, 07:01 PM
I say, terrible good accent, what?

Great video, brave aerobatics considering the fragility of the aircraft and lack of power. The MS 500 looks a great aircraft for slow scale manoeuvres and good in the snow. Like to see you fly it.

wild
2009-02-25, 07:28 PM
Nice machine Very slow Flyer:eek:

I believe predecesor of STOL Aircraft

Hank

Xavier
2009-04-07, 01:10 AM
Work on the kitchen has slowed down my airplane projects but I am back at it now. The Storch has become a Morane-Saulnier with its new colors. The total weight with a 6S3700 is 13lb (5.9kg) for about 1100 sq.in of wing area. With the slats and flaps, it should fly very slow.
I still have some lettering and other deco to do but it should fly this week when the weather gets better.

Xavier

bob forest
2009-04-07, 08:35 AM
Very nice indeed. especially for a pattern flyer.

Burning Head
2009-04-08, 01:22 PM
Super Xavier,Q: as-tu renforci le train d'attérisage ou c'est l'original:cool:

Xavier
2009-04-08, 01:25 PM
C'est le train d'atterissage original et il a l'air bien solide. J'ai juste remplacé quelque vis et écrous qui étaient usés ou loose. J'espère avoir des photos en vol cette fin de semaine.

Xavier
2009-04-10, 11:52 PM
My Criquet had its first 3 flights on a windy day in Lachute. It flies funny but it maybe because of the flap setting. I will recheck that the up and down position of both flaps are identical. I will also try to add a lot of differential as it seems to have a lot of advers yaw with aileron application. I also had some trouble on landing so I will check the landing alignement. I think soft spring may help also.
I am still glad of the result on the pictures. Thanks to Paul G for these.
Xavier

Burning Head
2009-04-11, 08:48 AM
Belle photo les gars. très class ton M Saulnier Xavier et plus imposant que je pensais a te voir à coté:cool:

Paul Weijers
2009-04-11, 11:26 AM
Xavier,
Thanks for publishing the Storch pictures. I have started building the Svenson kit, so far still working on the cabin part. Frankly, I thought I had bitten off more than I can chew, because, apart from my own inabilities, the instructions are minimal. Thanks to your pictures, I have a better idea of how to proceed.
Encore, merci bien.
PJW

Xavier
2009-04-11, 04:15 PM
Merci Richard,
Paul, I am glad it helps. If you want close up on something, I could take more pictures. There some info on that page also: http://www.aonx97.dsl.pipex.com/RC-page/rcpage.htm

Xavier

Xavier
2009-04-12, 06:38 AM
Here is a short video of the first few flights. Paul G was behind the camera again.

YouTube - 2009-04-10 Criquet

Xavier

Dwight Macdonald
2009-04-17, 10:24 AM
Very nice, I love the lights!

finnegan
2009-04-18, 07:00 AM
Nice video but Paul's breathing was making me sleepy!:D

PaulG-rc
2009-04-18, 07:11 AM
Only when I fly my scale heli I dont have any breathing since I dont :D