PDA

View Full Version : News Flash / Nouvelles

Ronald Longtin
2009-03-03, 09:23 AM
CPTAQ Update ; Philosophy Of Harmonious Co-existence March 2, 2009

Français en bas

We are pleased to advise all readers that we have been informed March 2, 2009 that the Quebec Appeals Tribunal has overruled a decision by the CPTAQ prohibiting the Club Brossair to fly out of their established field in Brossard . This is a victory for Brossair and it may also set a precedent for other clubs similarly challenged.

We are also pleased to report that two meetings have occurred with the director of the CPTAQ in Longueil , Mr Levis Yokell and a follow up meeting is scheduled for March 11, 2009 . The purpose of our meetings is to explore, in a collaborative way, how MAAC can exist harmoniously within the guidelines of the farmland protection act. In addition, how they may even help us in establishing new sites totally without confrontation with any local or provincial bodies.

It is our opinion that an open and honest collaboration between designated MAAC representatives and the appropriate government authorities, can avoid future disputes and more important encourage and support our existence.

Thus, whereas we are most pleased to learn of the Brossair ruling, we cannot think or afford to adopt the attitude that we will win with force. We must exert every effort to demonstrate that we respect and abide by the MAAC safety rules; and that we use commonsense guidelines of living and co-existing harmoniously in the “ backyards ‘ of the communities we share.

Mise à jour CPTAQ; philosophie de coexistence harmonieuse le 2 Mars , 2009

Nous sommes heureux d'informer tous les lecteurs que nous avons été informés 2 Mars 2009 que le Tribunal d'appel du Québec a renversé (infirmé ) une décision de la CPTAQ interdisant le Club Brossair à décoller de leur domaine établi à Brossard. C'est une victoire pour Brosair mai et il a également établi un précédent pour d'autres clubs de même remis en cause.

Nous sommes également heureux d'annoncer que deux réunions ont eu lieu avec le directeur de la CPTAQ à Longueuil, M. Levis Yokell et une réunion de suivi est prévue pour le 11 Mars 2009. Le but de nos rencontres est d'étudier, en collaboration, comment peut exister MAAC harmonieusement dans le cadre des orientations de la loi sur la protection des terres agricoles. En outre, la façon dont ils mai même nous aider dans la mise en place de nouveaux sites totalement sans affrontement avec les autorités locales ou d'organismes provinciaux.

Il est de notre avis qu'il soit ouvert et sincère collaboration entre les représentants désignés MAAC et les autorités gouvernementales, peut éviter de futurs litiges en plus important d'encourager et de soutenir notre existence.

Ainsi, alors que nous sommes très heureux d'apprendre la décision Brossair, nous ne pouvons pas penser ou se permettre d'adopter l'attitude que nous allons gagner par la force. Nous devons déployer tous les efforts pour montrer que nous respectons et de respecter les règles de sécurité MAAC , et que nous utilisons de bonne jugement et lignes directrices de la vie et de co-existence harmonieuse dans les communautés que nous partageons.

Steve Woloz et Paul Burrage

MAAC St-Laurent Zone Director & Deputy Zone Drector

Burning Head
2009-03-03, 10:19 AM
Cool, merçi Ronald des info. Le probleme des agriculteurs c'est tu le bruit des moteur ou les fluides (glow ou gaz) :cool:

Andrew Fernie
2009-03-03, 10:35 AM
Many thanks to Steve, Paul, and the rest for their efforts on this matter. It will help many clubs in the years to come.

briankizner
2009-03-03, 10:43 AM
Congratulations and well done to all who worked on this. I hope it sets a precedent for others in similar situations.

Shawn
2009-03-03, 11:03 AM
Great News!

bob forest
2009-03-03, 11:28 AM
Yes, Great news, and more hope for our future.

beto9
2009-03-03, 11:39 AM
Great news indeed, both the Brossair outcome and the new attitude of CPTAQ.

It will be interesting to know what the tribunal decision was based on to overturn CPTAQ.

Xavier
2009-03-03, 12:00 PM
Cool, merçi Ronald des info. Le probleme des agriculteurs c'est tu le bruit des moteur ou les fluides (glow ou gaz) :cool:

Ce ne sont pas les agriculteurs qui posaient le problème. Plusieur d'entre eux sont bien content d'avoir un club sur leur terrain. C'est la loi qui protège les terres agricole et que la CPTAQ applique qui faisait le problème. Comme les terres agricoles ne doivent pas être utilisé pour autre chose d'après la loi, la CPTAQ voulait empécher les clubs de les utiliser. Il semble qu'un nouveau point de vu ai permis d'arriver à un compromis.

Denis Cloutier
2009-03-03, 03:59 PM
Congratulation!! Great job from everybody involve in the fight, for once the government is opening a real dialogue with MAAC.

Chris Bowes
2009-03-03, 08:03 PM
Fantastic news and a big thankyou to all who worked hard reaching this result on behalf of all us modellers. It had been sad to think after i only just got into this hobby that it might not be something I could enjoy doing for many years into the future.

Ron Willoughby
2009-03-03, 08:35 PM
Congratulatios to all who took direct charge of this important challenge and now have a real taste of success. All MAAC members salute this effort and will continue to be diplomats and perfect neighours in the ongoing support of our hobby.

finnegan
2009-03-03, 10:30 PM
Excellent!
I'm joining Brossair tomorrow:Dancing_tongue:

bob forest
2009-03-03, 11:04 PM
Brossair, has another problem, it seems they have had two complaints from close by houses to city hall. That could cause a problem and if it continues, they would be out of luck for their flying field.
Got an email from one of their directors, mentioning this.
So WIMAC be carefull.

bob forest
2009-03-03, 11:11 PM
Here is part of that copy of that email.
Dear All,

Please find attached copy of the judgment. At bottom of page 9 they specify that we must produce a plan.

Important: The city has been receiving a steady stream of complaints from two citizens for radio-controlled airplanes flying too close to their houses, either too low and/or too close. We worked extremely hard to fight for our field, let`s not have a few rogue flyers destroy all of our efforts. I talked to the city`s general manager last week and as far as the city is concerned, it`s tolerance zero. We risk losing the permission to operate our fields if this problem does not sto pright away. It`s as simple as that.

Best Regards,

Pascal
514 262-2050
Document-1.pdf - Adobe Reader

beto9
2009-03-04, 09:34 AM
Bob, can you post the copy of the judgement pls?

Later: I uploaded the judgement, had to zip it because of size limits.
Thanks Bob.

bob forest
2009-03-04, 10:11 AM
I tried, can't do it. I will send it to you. maybe you can do it.

dsquire
2009-03-09, 07:54 PM
To All

I am glad to read that things seem to be progressing in a positive way regarding the future of Radio Control flying in Quebec and Canada. I would like to thank all the people that fought for this right. I would also ask all my fellow flyers to use common sense when flying so that we do not loose any flying priviledges in the future.

Cheers:)

Don

Sunfly
2009-03-14, 01:56 PM
We sent letters to the governemement telling them we did not agree with the CPTAQ intervention. It probably helped to get some results.
Going that far in court for this was an extreme and last resort.
But at least we can all say feeewww!
Our hobby has a future and finally common sense prevailed.
I am more than very happy for the hobby .

I Cheers to this !