PDA

View Full Version : glued up

Michael V
2007-04-06, 07:39 AM
Hello everyone,
I bought some pacer canopy glue (Pacer 560) from GH and it would not squeeze out of the bottle. So I called GH and told them to glue was no good. They shipped me another bottle.:bouncy: The second bottle is the same as the first. Now I am wondering if there is a trick to this glue.

:wacky: Help anyone.:wacky:

Michael

bob forest
2007-04-06, 08:04 AM
Maybe you have to unscrew the cap then take out the sealer plunger, then put the cap back on and squeeze and you will get the glue. Or even better. Maybe you have to cut the tip of the sprout so the glue can come out. That is it.

Chris Bowes
2007-04-06, 08:18 AM
Took a look at my bottle, the end of the nozzle doesn't originally have a hole in it for the glue to come out. I remember poking through the plastic with a t-pin.

Michael V
2007-04-06, 08:32 AM
Yes I did that, cut the tip off and there is no plunger. The glue is firm inside like a soft cheeze. I even stuck a piece of 4-40 into it and tried to stir it, no go. I even squeezed the bottle with the cap off and I am not able to get anything out. Weird, I either have 2 bad bottles or I am an Idot.

Chris Bowes
2007-04-06, 08:46 AM
Nope, sounds like you've been unlucky, the glue should have a consistency like regular white glue.

bob forest
2007-04-06, 09:22 AM
so call great hobbies, and ask them to open the bottle before they send it to you. Let them check the liquid themselves. I know they will do it, as when I ordered my Lanier Yak from them, I had heard that many of them arrived damaged from Lanier. So they did check it and repacked themselves, and it arrived here perfect. So just ask them.

Kevin Rochon
2007-04-07, 11:02 AM
Yep this glue is almost like watered down white glue so your glue is no good.

Kevin :pissedoff:
Some things are better bought locally you can check it before you leave.

beto9
2007-04-07, 11:35 AM
Price or service? Have it now or wait?
There are advantages to support and keep in business our local hobby shops.
And they know they have to remain competitive....
It beats having to wait for a propeller coming in the mail and missing that gorgeous weekend of flying....