PDA

View Full Version : Quique's Yak 50cc

Xavier
2009-04-08, 01:35 PM
As I mentioned in another post, my kitchen renovation is over so I have been back in the shop to work on airplane projects. That one is the 4th project for this winter. I got it untouched at a good price from a co-member of the club in Lachute with the motor. At this point, I am only missing the radio batterie, ignition batterie and prop before it could fly. All the servos are installed with their linkages and extention. First flight should be in a week or two.

Xavier

Xavier
2009-04-08, 03:19 PM
I am looking for a prop for that plane and motor, probably 23x8 or 22x8. I will order one next week if nobody here has one for sell.
Thanks

Xavier

Xavier
2009-04-09, 05:46 PM
My friend Robert was planning of electrifying a similar airplane but finally decided to stay with gas so he wants to sell all the electric equipment he has (all new). I have posted an add with the details: http://www.wimac.ca/ppclass/showproduct.php?product=238

Xavier

Michael V
2009-04-09, 09:43 PM
If you are interested in electrifying your Yak (witch by the way is a great looking plane) I would be interested in the gas set-up you have.

Dwight Macdonald
2009-04-09, 10:44 PM
Xavier, I have the following wood props (drilled the same as DA100 and with a larger center hole ... you will need to modify the holes):

MSC 23x8
MSC 22x10
master airscrew 22x10
master airscrew scimitar profile 22x8

$15 each

finnegan
2009-04-10, 01:53 AM
SHUT IT!! and fly like you borrowed it!!

Love it!(lol)

Xavier
2009-04-10, 09:24 PM
Dwight, I am interested specially in the 23x8 and 22x8 but at these prices, I might as well try all of them. I'll send you a message so we could arrange to meet sometime this week.

Michael, thanks for the offer but my friend Robert already tried and I stayed with the DA. I wanted an airplane with that motoro for a long time.

Xavier

Xavier
2009-05-03, 06:54 PM
The Yak flew today in Lachute for the first time. The motor was running rich so it wasn't delivering its full power. However I could have an idea of the airplane behavior and for now, it's not what I am looking for. It will need a few adjustements before I think about entering an Imac contest. I think that the CG is too much aft so that sould be easy to fix. But there is more. I will probably fly it again this week.
Thanks to Benoit for the pictures.

LAMAHORSE
2009-05-04, 05:37 AM
Looking good Xavier,
& great shot's Bud!

Xavier
2009-05-04, 11:20 PM
The Yak flew again today with the CG more forward (radio batterie moved) and it was a lot better. It will need to move even more but I don't know how I will manage that. I don't like adding weight to balance an airplane. My prefered solution would have been to move the elevator servos to the canopie and use pull-pull but that would involved too much work. It would be lighter also. I still have to install the spinner (fwd of the CG) and the pilot (aft of the CG).

Xavier
2009-06-27, 11:11 AM
This plane is now for sale. Complete with engine, servos and batteries. Add you receiver, fuel it and it’s ready to go. It has 27 flights but I won’t fly it often enough to keep it because of other projects. It is also available without servos and batteries.

Engine: DA50 with canister pipe MTW 75
Prop: MSC 23x8 wood (one extra new one)
Wing bags (original)
Carbon wing tube (original)
Canopy cover (original)
Tru Turn spinner
Pilot Great Planes ¼ yellow
TNT aluminum landing gear
Ignition battery: Nicad 5cell 1400mha
Radio battery: Nicad 5cell 1200mha
Switch JR heavy duty (2)
Servo ailerons (2): JR 8611 digital
Servo elevators (2): JR 8411 digital
Servo rudder: Hitec 7955 digital
Servo de trottle: Hitec 425
Servo choke : Hitec 225

2800$ for all the above. 2200$ without servos and batteries.

I will add it in the classified also.