PDA

View Full Version : IAC #35 practice in Stanford

Xavier
2009-05-18, 12:09 PM
I was in Ogunquit this past weekend for a short holiday and the New England Aerobatic club had organised a practice day at the airport in Sanford. We just happened to went there to have a late breakfeast at the Cockpit Café and thru the window, all of a sudden I see an aerobatic aircraft taking off. I took off from my chair and got outside. What are the chances ? There were 8 or 10 airplanes lined up on the other side of the airport and one was in the air doing cuban 8, spins, ect. Extra's, Pitts's, Decatlon. Cool !!! I spend a few hours there after breakfeast and took a thousand pictures :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.mouraux/Sanfordaerobatic#

Xavier

Dwight Macdonald
2009-05-18, 01:51 PM
Now that's a great way to spend a weekend holiday! Did they offer to take you for a nice aerobatic ride? ... so you could be sick for the rest of the day?!!

Xavier
2009-05-18, 01:57 PM
No aerobatic ride but it's possible to go for a ride in a Waco at that same aiport. 150$ for 1/2 hours, 250$ for 1 hour. I would probably do it next time. It must be a trill to fly in an open cockpit Waco.

Dwight Macdonald
2009-05-18, 02:00 PM
Interesting ... that's the same price I paid for some lessons in a Pitts at Smiths Falls Ontario about 4 years ago.