PDA

View Full Version : Request for heli demo

Andrew Fernie
2009-05-21, 09:15 PM
The club has been asked to give a heli and/or floatplane demo at a campsight in Pointe-Calumet on July 12. Likely schedule is static display in the morning, then flight display around lunch time.

Tarek went out to visit the site. You will be flying from a peninsula sticking out into a 1km by 1km private lake.

Lunch in the form of hot dogs and hamburgers and cokes will be supplied by the campsite.

Anybody interested in volunteering? If so, please post and we will make arrangements to register the event.

Andrew

turkana
2009-05-21, 09:34 PM
Hi
Well Tarek forwarded me the request and in the e mail it said that the space was was smaller so I declined. If anyone can confirm that the space to fly is sufficent for a 50 size Heli I might consider going and giving the demo but then not alone. Regards Pete

zorba
2009-05-21, 09:48 PM
I'll be interested for the static display. I don't know if I want to fly so close to the water.
Who knows maybe I can sell some of them. LOL

Cheers

Tarek Hassoune
2009-05-22, 12:07 AM
Well Peter,

Check how big it is I think it is at least 2 times our club field so I think u can fly

Xavier
2009-05-23, 06:35 PM
If the flying / landing area is limited, a small electric floatplane or a slow floatplane (fun fly type airplane?) would be recommended I suppose. It would be necessary also that the plane and the pilot have flown before to follow the safety rules.

Remimber that there is a float fly in a few weeks in Laval. http://amidair.qc.ca/

Xavier

PaulG-rc
2009-05-23, 08:46 PM
Is MAAC part of it ,because if not I guess the flyer would not be covered there unless I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Andrew Fernie
2009-05-23, 10:02 PM
Paul,

We will register the event with MAAC so ensure coverage. If the request is refused for any reason then the event would be off.

Andrew

PaulG-rc
2009-05-23, 10:07 PM
Thats a good idea :)

Tarek Hassoune
2009-06-03, 08:05 PM
would like to know if anybody interested to contribute in heli demon and floater planes July 19th