PDA

View Full Version : Radio-Canada at Brossair, Sunday May 6th at 1:30pm

isabel
2007-04-26, 10:02 AM
Radio-Canada sera au club dimanche le 6 mai ? 13h30

C'est au tour de la t?l? de Radio-Canada de venir faire un reportage sur notre combat pour la survie du club. Ils seront au terrain ce dimanche le 6 mai ? 13h30 pour filmer nos activit?s et faire des interviews. Nous lan?ons donc encore un appel ? tous les membres du club afin de venir d?montrer votre support; plus nous serons nombreux, plus notre message sera fort. Nous pourrons compter encore une fois cette semaine sur la pr?sence des clubs de la r?gion, nottamment les clubs de Napierville, Carignan et C2VM.

Radio-Canada will be at the club sunday may 6th at 1:30 pm

It is Radio-Canada's turn to report on our fight against the CPTAQ, and they will be at the field this sunday may 6th at 1h30 to film and interview people. We therefore request once again the presence of all of you as a show of support to our cause; the more we are, the stronger our message will be. This week again representatives of several neighboring clubs, Napierville, Carignan and C2VM, will be there.

Anyone with MAAC insurance is welcome to come...

isabel
2007-04-26, 10:09 AM
It is important for all of us not to let a bad precedent of closing down clubs be established. Thanks to all those who showed up last week. Here are a few who were caught on camera.

Eric Marchand
2007-04-26, 08:41 PM
I am astounded by the level of support from MAAc members all over the country on this issue. Unless something really bad comes up, count me in for this Sunday. If we can't support each other as neighbours when the rest of the country is behind us, we should go hide our heads in the sand.

jeffrey g
2007-04-27, 10:10 AM
I'll be putting a gang togeter here in Sherbrooke and hoping to go up there to support our neibours and friends.

unless weather cancels the event !!

stephane.savard
2007-04-28, 01:55 PM
Isabel, I'm thinking of going to support you guys again, but it looks like there will be some bad weather for tomorrow, is the day still on or not? Will there be an update on the club BrossAir's webpage tomorrow morning?

isabel
2007-04-28, 10:57 PM
Hi Stephane, as far as I know it will be held regardless of the weather... but I emailed Pascal who is organizing the day to ask him the question, if I get an update I will post it here tomorrow morning. But my feeling is, once the media has been scheduled they take what they can get. There is an enclosed shelter and a wood stove to warm up the die-hard flyers if needed, too.

In any case Ray & I will be there to fly - let's wish for some sun here and there and hope to see you Eric, Jeff, Stephane and others tomorrow!

bob forest
2007-04-29, 06:46 AM
I will be there also, with the Stearman. I am sure it is on. As the TV make their schedual, and we have to be there rain or shine. plus it is supposed to clear out this afternoon.

jeffrey g
2007-04-29, 10:18 AM
I'll be there for shure. also bringing 2 others local members

see you asll there !

xed
2007-04-29, 11:27 AM
Well I don't know what to make of this new comment, dates in the text are the same, I think its not happening today...

Le reportage est remis ? la semaine prochaine

The report is postponed to next week-end

C'est au tour de la t?l? de Radio-Canada de venir faire un reportage sur notre combat pour la survie du club. Ils seront au terrain ce dimanche le 29 avril ? 13h30 pour filmer nos activit?s et faire des interviews. Nous lan?ons donc encore un appel ? tous les membres du club afin de venir d?montrer votre support; plus nous serons nombreux, plus notre message sera fort. Nous pourrons compter encore une fois cette semaine sur la pr?sence des clubs de la r?gion, nottamment les clubs de Napierville, Carignan et C2VM.
It is Radio-Canada's turn to report on our fight against the CPTAQ, and they will be at the field this sunday april 29th at 1h30 to film and interview people. We therefore request once again the presence of all of you as a show of support to our cause; the more we are, the stronger our message will be. This week again representatives of several neighboring clubs, Napierville, Carignan and C2VM, will be there.

Eric Marchand
2007-04-29, 02:01 PM
I'll try and be there next week then. My father will also join me.

jeffrey g
2007-04-29, 08:11 PM
I was there today and saw Stephane and Christ. Isabelle Ray and Paul where also there. Paul had his nice Extra 260 but didn't fly it.

Pretty good crowd for a rainy day. Always a plane in the air.
I guess the club thought that the weather wasn't going to show the real ambiance of the club. Let's just hope that the weather is way better next week-end and that our fellow modellers are present to show the public how united we are, and how big an association the CPTAQ is facing...

Unfortunaly I won't be able to attend next week-end but I'll shure try to convince the local here to make the short trip to bross-air.

We are all in this one together and that's the only way to get through it.

pierre marchand
2007-05-01, 08:43 PM
i WILL GLADLY BE THERE NEXT SUNDAY.

Pierre

xed
2007-05-04, 04:05 PM
Updated Isabel's post to reflect current information.