PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered from Desert Aircraft?

Chris Bowes
2007-05-01, 09:12 AM
Anyone ever ordered from Desert Aircraft? do they ship to canada and if so with who? how's their service?

Want to order some smaller size Menz props (15x6, 16x6) unless anyone knows if i can get them locally?

xed
2007-05-01, 09:35 AM
DA, worst service ever! This is a known fact in the RC universe Chris!!!

No seriously, there is nobody that can touch DA for their service and support. You should have no concerns with ordering anything from them! No clue where you could get them locally.

Chris Bowes
2007-05-01, 10:15 AM
Thanks Greg :D

Figured so but wasn't sure on shipping to canada.

isabel
2007-05-01, 02:41 PM
big thumbs up for DA here too

Eric Marchand
2007-05-01, 11:01 PM
Quick tips Chris : Anytime you order from the US, it's better to do it by phone then online, often the shipping fees that are automatically calculated online can be reduced when you are talking on the phone with vendors.

USPS ground is slower but the best bet to avoid extra taxes and duties, UPS and Fedex the worst choices, even if faster.

When dealing with small companies or individuals, you can also usually get them to mark the item as a "GIFT" on the custom declarations form they have to fill out, this eliminates ANY extra charges on your end.

Good luck !!

stephane.savard
2007-05-01, 11:09 PM
I agree with USPS ground... but here's something to consider

Maybe some others will speak up on this, but I've been having the wierdest thing happen with USPS... I always get charged for 5$ and taxes on whatever item I receive from the US if it arrives here by USPS Ground (charges are from Canada Post when I pick up the box at the post office). BUT, so far I've NEVER been charged the 5$ handling fee or the taxes if it comes in through USPS airmail.

It might just be coincidence, but its something to think about :)

xed
2007-05-01, 11:14 PM
Anything shipped by UPS or FedEx (UPS being the worst of the two) will cost you a minimum of $40-60.00 in brokerage fees. And their fee seems to be a percentage of the cost of what you ordered, which is real BS.

Chris Bowes
2007-05-02, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys for the info, in the end I was able to order the props through distribution but i'll keep DA in mind if i ever go to gas!