PDA

View Full Version : IMAC competition & freestyle show in Saint-Lazare, September 19-20th, 2009

isabel
2009-09-11, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone,

The Quebec IMAC Finals & freestyle show will take place at the Saint-Lazare airport (Cooper aviation - the one on the main street of St-Lazare, NOT the one seen on the highway in Les Cedres) on September 19-20!

Pilots from all over Quebec and Ontario (including your very own Dwight, Michael, Murat and Greg) will be competing in giant scale (up to 43% size planes) aerobatics all day 10am-5pm (Saturday) and 10am-3pm (Sunday) and there is a special freestyle show and competition at noon each day.

We are looking for volunteers to be part of the action, if you are interested in aerobatics it's your chance to join the crowd. If you are available to volunteer for a couple of hours please email me at isabel.deslauriers@mail.mcgill.ca . We will have a couple of surprises for volunteers.

For more information and a map, check out http://www.peneloperc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=51.

http://www.wimac.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4152&d=1253414109

http://www.wimac.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4153&d=1253414109

LAMAHORSE
2009-09-13, 08:14 AM
Yea,
that should be cool to visite.
Will maybe POP by as the airpost is a 10 mins drives from my
homebase private Heliport ,, he,he ...

Wishing your event a great sunny fall week-end there...

wawapilot
2009-09-14, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

The Quebec IMAC Finals & freestyle show will take place at the Saint-Lazare airport (Cooper aviation - the one on the main street of St-Lazare, NOT the one seen on the highway in Les Cedres) on September 19-20!

Pilots from all over Quebec and Ontario (including your very own Dwight, Michael, Murat and Greg) will be competing in giant scale (up to 43% size planes) aerobatics all day 10am-5pm (Saturday) and 10am-3pm (Sunday) and there is a special freestyle show and competition at noon each day.

We are looking for volunteers to be part of the action, if you are interested in aerobatics it's your chance to join the crowd. If you are available to volunteer for a couple of hours please email me at isabel.deslauriers@mail.mcgill.ca . We will have a couple of surprises for volunteers.

For more information and a map, check out http://www.peneloperc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=51 .

Isabel
Unfortunately our funfly is the same date, so, I guess we won't see you
in Lachute. It must be fun filled with all the giant scale and pros.
Its really difficult to miss. I'm sure you will have a wonderful weekend.
Maybe I can free myself in the morning for a visit. good luck,warren

Andrew Fernie
2009-09-19, 08:14 PM
Great day at the IMAC at St-Lazare airport. Congratulations to Ray and Isabel for putting this together.

Greg, Dwight, and Michael were also competing. Not sure how the results were doing at the end of the day - should get all the news tomorrow.

The airport was supposed to be closed, but apparently not all pilots read their NOTAMs. The competitors had to bring their aircraft down a few times to allow for the odd Cessna to get going. Even so, a great spot for an IMAC - lots of space, and if you can't hit the runway you have no business being out there to begin with!

You will find my photos here (http://picasaweb.google.com/AndrewJFernie/StLazareIMAC2009?feat=directlink). I deleted about 80% of the ones I took, but still end up with a stack of shots of the 50% scale Pitts Challenger. It didn't fly the normal competition, but put on a great show at lunch time (as did Dwight). If you have some time free tomorrow consider heading out for the morning, and stay for the 12:00-13:00 freestyle.

Andrew

xed
2009-09-19, 10:33 PM
Some pictures from today...

xed
2009-09-19, 10:35 PM
And some more...

Denis Cloutier
2009-09-20, 09:55 AM
Nice going guys I'm on my way to support you this morning at ST Lazare.

Ionel
2009-09-20, 07:29 PM
Some pictures of Sunday.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/Stelian54/IMACCompetitionFreestyleShowInSaintLazareSeptember 20?authkey=Gv1sRgCIvs5tL8r6qyVw#538369326889436277 0

zorba
2009-09-20, 07:54 PM
I went to St-Lazare this morning also. Never been to a competition for IMAC before. Very nicely done. All the planes performed well.
I took some videos of the Pitts/Oracle 50% awesome plane. Also Dwight MacDonalds Pitts Python.
Here's video 1.
YouTube - IMAC

and of course our very own Dwight
YouTube - Imac Dwight

Cheers

xed
2009-09-20, 11:34 PM
A few more pictures from the IMAC competition in Saint-Lazare...

I was given the opportunity to fly in a full scale Bellanca Cruisair from 1947. The gasoline empty/full guage is broken and the pilot relies on "minutes of fuel" calculations to avoid this troublesome repair.

xed
2009-09-21, 11:06 AM
Congratulations are in order to our very own Dwight MacDonald for coming in 2nd place in Intermediate class and Michael Vernier for for 3rd place for Sportsman class in Quebec regional standings.

Burning Head
2009-09-21, 12:03 PM
Two ace pilot:cool:, great job. So Greg, did you are in any competition with your new planes ?

Andrew Fernie
2009-09-21, 12:10 PM
Congratulations Dwight and Michael.

Andrew

xed
2009-09-21, 12:17 PM
Two ace pilot:cool:, great job. So Greg, did you are in any competition with your new planes ?
I tried the Basic class with my new Pilot-RC... It flies great but I think I will try Sportsman next season.

Denis Cloutier
2009-09-21, 01:30 PM
Congratulation to all of you. I was there on Sunday and found the competition very interesting. You represent us well.

scot
2009-09-21, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the pics!!!!!! Apparently, some of you are SUPERB with a camera! Now I'll need to bookmark another RC forum...

:rolleyes::D

xed
2009-09-22, 12:49 AM
Thanks Scott...

AlixB
2009-09-22, 07:31 AM
to Dwight and Michael. Nice pictures and videos.

PaulG-rc
2009-09-22, 09:21 AM
Wow! the pictures are fantastic, looks like it was a great weekend at Coopers :D

drgilo1973
2009-09-22, 10:46 AM
we our proud of both of you , congratulation for micheal and dwight

xed
2009-09-22, 12:33 PM
The contest standing results (http://www.peneloperc.com/files/quebecfinalsresults/report_results.html) for the weekend are now avaialble as well as some additional pictures (http://www.flickr.com/photos/my_bellanca/sets/72157622411776114/) (not taken by me).

All-in-all, it was quite an enjoyable weekend for myself. I am looking forward to next year!

Kevin Rochon
2009-09-22, 01:43 PM
Congrat Greg for your first place:)

Wish I could have been there but too much work at home.

Kevin
P.S. So I guess you found a pilot for your cockpit.

xed
2009-09-22, 01:45 PM
Congrat Greg for your first place:)

Wish I could have been there but too much work at home.

Kevin
P.S. So I guess you found a pilot for your cockpit.
Thanks, no you don't need a pilot for Basic...

Mick
2009-09-22, 04:38 PM
Congratulations to all three of you, well done.

Dwight Macdonald
2009-09-22, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the great support folks! Congrats to Michael and Greg! ... this was Greg's very first contest ... 1st place! WOW!

Dwight Macdonald
2009-09-22, 05:44 PM
All the pics are awesome! Thanks to all who took them! The St. Lazare Flying Club and Cooper Aviation folks were terrific to give up their airport and time for 2 days ... not to mention the thrilling rides in their own aircraft to so many! ... What an awesome prize for the winners of the freestyle, basic and sportsman classes ... and a great way to reward the volunteers who did so much work even though they didn't all fly.

A very special thanks to Ray and Isabel for organizing and running such a great event!

Most important of all was a gift form the Weatherman that made it all possible!!

Michael V
2009-09-22, 07:25 PM
Ray and Isabel are a great team and they gave us a Great! contest.
I had so much fun I am still talking about it with my wife :) Like she needs to hear more about IMAC LOL.
I am so proud of Greg for finally get to it and competing and doing so well, I have always know he would do well at an IMAC contest. I'm sure he will be moving up to sportsman and we will be battling it out together all next year. And not long after we will be up there with Dwight and giving him a run. I know he will very hard to beat when and if that time comes, because I have watched Dwight fly over and over again and every time he goes up he pushes his biplane a little harder and he sharpens his technique a little more. Very soon he will be unbeatable with that python.
Well another IMAC season is over so it is time to relax and get building :) OH! and prepare for my son to come :) the doctor say any day now!!! :)
Later everyone!
See you at the field went I get a chance.

AlixB
2009-09-23, 07:25 AM
Did not know you participated. Impressive.
Now you have a real virus...

xed
2009-09-23, 08:10 AM
C'mon Mikey, time to practice for 2010 (http://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=imac)....

Burning Head
2009-09-23, 09:08 AM
Is there any class for E power or it reserve only to huge glow and gaz planes.I no, I have a lot of bread to eat but jus for the info

xed
2009-09-23, 09:10 AM
Engine type is not factored in whether you can perform a specific class. As long as you have enough power to perform the manouvers...

In fact, having a quiet electric can also be an advantage since engine noise is a small part of the scoring system.

Michael V
2009-09-23, 07:48 PM
C'mon Mikey, time to practice for 2010 (http://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=imac)....

I printed it out and tomorrow I'm going to laminate it.
I can't wait to start practicing, I have been talking with my wife and when we go to Florida this winter, I am going to enter the 2010 Amps Aerobatic Challenge in Miami, Florida. That is going to be fun.
So Sat is looking good, if I am not a new dad again:party:. Lets Go!

Dwight Macdonald
2009-09-23, 07:51 PM
Remember ... 1/4 turn leaner on both needles of your 85cc ...

scot
2009-09-23, 08:49 PM
Is there any class for E power or it reserve only to huge glow and gaz planes.I no, I have a lot of bread to eat but jus for the info

There were many local contests this summer where 1st and 2nd place in the basic class was won by pilots with electric planes. In basic, the plane doesn't need to be a scale model - but I think in all cases they were. Phil Stang and Eric Johnson both cleaned up in basic this year, flying (relatively) small electrics; under 50" span.

No need to spend huge $ to fly IMAC!!! ;) ...but like anything else, it helps!

Michael V
2009-09-23, 09:47 PM
It's great to have you join our website!
You know what, I still had this weired feel in my stomach the next day after that plane ride.
Say! who's that guy helping you hold your plane up in your avatar?

Later

Michael V
2009-09-23, 09:53 PM
Remember ... 1/4 turn leaner on both needles of your 85cc ...

That's the first thing I'm going to work on,
ENGINE TUNING I've not been looking forward to this.

scot
2009-09-23, 10:47 PM
It's great to have you join our website!
You know what, I still had this weired feel in my stomach the next day after that plane ride.
Say! who's that guy helping you hold your plane up in your avatar?

Later

Dave and I may drive down sometime soon, to get more rides in the Eagle - I've been in contact with George.

The dude holding my plane... I made him stand back there 'cause he's better looking than me.

Hey, how come I don't have wings??!?!??