PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 380 Fully Scale Project

LAMAHORSE
2009-10-21, 08:10 AM
Now I was looking for this winter 2009-10 scale project,
and came across a long time inpiration scale project that I have completly forgot about.

My budget need to be lower for this winter built and that one suite me fine.
I just love challenge on a built bench to be feeling my best,, he,he...

So I got around the net to find out more about it as I did that in the past on the prototype,, and did find once again that it is a wonderfull scale project to be acheive with all other owner succes all over the world with the A380.

Till now, I am convience it will make a great airliner to own and fly scale in the future. As I have a secret hide out alsphalt runway somewhere in the country side near my home estate location to be using for my flying scale exercises. It a no man zone area,, so it will be cool to do all my flights test there and more flying and approach on the flight ILS path.
What a location to be seeing this A380 coming on final with all those NAV lights on, the 22 wheels deployed in the evening hours... Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! That is relaxing...

So why not go for something big like the A380 to enjoy built & flying scale hobby doing for my self hey!

Will keep on posting here till I have the A380 arrival at the built plant facilities,,, that is my basement,,, lol...

Not shure what will be the color scheme on it,,, that will come in proper time. Will be done with retract gear, flaps, maybe spoiler (airbrake), lights system, and will be doing as lite weight as possible. It will be a Electric EDF powerplant system and 4 ENG to power it up to the blue sky...

I think the Lt.Cmdr is ready for a assignement on the the Big Heavy call's left seater now,,, lol..

A picture of the A380 full life size:
That will be on my winter 2009-10 fully scale project.
Will keep posted with NEWS soon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Airbus_A380.jpg

turkana
2009-10-21, 07:38 PM
I hope this Airbus will kick Boeings BUTT!!!!!!!!! It s just awsome,others can also build planes. Reagrds Pete

Denis Cloutier
2009-10-21, 08:39 PM
It would be nice if
LAMA SA-315B CCG SAR Mission Leader Unit
Lt.Commander.SW. "LAMAHORSE"
come to the club and show us the helicopter we have been reading about since 2008-11-02 before you start the next project:(

PaulG-rc
2009-10-21, 10:17 PM
I wanted to build an EDF airliner too before but after I saw one flying I could not stand the noise the EDF made, an Airliner that sounded like a mosquito :D
so I droped the idea :)

turkana
2009-10-21, 11:15 PM
Lol Paul! I always call EDFs flying blowdryers :D!

LAMAHORSE
2009-10-22, 06:41 AM
Got some,
talking going with this A380 hey !
It will be a shure wonderfull project to acheive this winter.

I had no trouble going for the Airbus 380 then the Boeing airliner types.
The A380 as a great profile in all and for my part would do a better looking airliner as it is not thin in lines and as the large aspect on the A380 is just something I feel great to go for.

On 4 ENG EDF the sound will be making it a clear high sound he,he... I'll work my way on that special motor and fan choices to have the greatest sound effect with plenty of trust ratio while on trottles push-up procedure.

My friend Denis,,,
So sorry to have not visite lately to show the LAMA result to you.
I am a bad boy,, I know,, A BAD BOY,,, he,he...

I'll try to show it to you Denis befort winter hit...
Fall is kind of moving for me,, if not,, will be next spring I guess.

Well anyhow for my part,
The A380 will shure be flying with authority with her large fuse surface to lift
and those 4 fan's unit's powerplant to keep it that way...

The A380 will shure be looking awesome while she will
be taking position to roll out on my private secret hide out runway.

Wow,
it will be heaven by next spring that's for shure Buddies, that's for shure!!!

http://www.s1prestwick.com/files/photo/max-580555.jpg

PaulG-rc
2009-10-22, 07:01 AM
Oh well it will look good but I will have to plug my ear :D
Thats why my A-10 was hanging for a long time, it was fun to fly and looked good in flight , was planning to put it back on line but since one motor is shot I wont spend on that now so it will hang for dear life :D

here is a link for more
http://www.edfmodel.com/

LAMAHORSE
2009-10-22, 09:33 AM
Thanks Paul,
for the link.

I knew them since the begining a fiew years back. They do wonderfull model and do test them well for us the customers. A succesfull compagny I say!

But a little over my budget for now anyway.

Just got off with a well known good buddy of my from N.Y. in the EDF, jet turbine industry and known all around the world and about my going with the A380 with EDF. As he is a master,, I could have some feed in at time with built issues. But till now he as confience in my built doing, knowledges and told me a fiew thing to consider befort starting this project.

All is on a positive point of view from him,,, and told me already what to not go for EDF powerplant system's. I knew it,, but great that he as advise me about them,,, the bad EDF not to choose for that wonderfull A380.

Also,
will proper see some issues with my buddy Paul while on the built bench making of this A380. Paul as a great experiences in this hobby,,, and he is for me like a good old Bible. A great old buddy that I appreciate in my life.

Will link other stuff about the A380 soon...

zorba
2009-10-22, 06:27 PM
Nice project Serge.
Is this a kit? and who sells it?
Or is scratch built.
Good choice anyway.
Good luck

LAMAHORSE
2009-10-26, 12:55 PM
Hi all,,,

I have decide to cancel my winter project with this A380.Good kit,,, but not good for what i was expecting to do...

I have some other jets in mind NOW.
Will keep you posted on a later note.

beto9
2009-10-26, 03:22 PM
So, I guess this is going to be a medium length thread....?:D:D:D:D

LAMAHORSE
2009-10-26, 08:54 PM
Yup,
you got that right Albert :D