PDA

View Full Version : Seriously back in RC flying

Safety First
2009-11-09, 04:37 AM
Problem...

I got a new computer (Mac) that can run Window XP in parralel.

-Intel Quad core I5 2.66 GHh
- 27 inch 2560x1440 HD monitor
-RAM 8GB
-2TB hard drive
-ATI Readon HD4850 -512 MB

I need a new rc flight sim.

What should I get? Of course (Apple OS ) would be my first choice but (Window XP) is not a problem.

Thank you.

André:confused:

LAMAHORSE
2009-11-09, 07:28 AM
I use,
RealFlight on my PC ...
Works fine for my experiences earn to be a MASTER,,, he,he....

Best of luck on your search....

Elgreco
2009-11-09, 08:04 AM
If you are actually going to pay for one, then get the phoenix simulator.

So far it is the favorite sim by many. Plenty of threads to read about it on Runryder.

At the end of the day, any sim would do, but IMO phoenix has the best graphics and all the new models are there and all updates are free.

Real flight has outdated models unless you spend extra money and buy more packages and still you don't get all that phoenix gives you.

Go to phoenixrc.com and check it out.

Anyway, that and real flight are the 2 leading sims.

Kevin Rochon
2009-11-09, 01:05 PM
Hi Andre glad your going to b back it's too quiet when your not around(also to check safety:D).

No problem to run G4 on Parallel.

Kevin

Denis Cloutier
2009-11-09, 07:20 PM
Glad to see you back in the sport. On a recent computer any sim look's good Real Flight G4.5 give away upgrade pack 1 to 4 for free as downloads on the site. Phoenix is nice but not compatible with all sound card check before. Reflex XTR2 look the best to me but expensive.

Denis Cloutier
2009-11-09, 07:31 PM
BTW the Phoenix website is at http://www.phoenix-sim.com/news.htm
Realflight at http://www.realflight.com/new/index.html
Reflex XRT at http://www.modelrectifier.com/rc-products/flight-simulators.asp

:)

Safety First
2009-11-09, 07:55 PM
"Ikarus Aerofly5" due March 2010. This one got something I WANT! Tow plane for glider... Interesting...... yum yum. Mac os.

Elgreco
2009-11-10, 08:57 PM
This is a sample of Phoenix. Video quality is low because of the uploading to youtube but you get the idea. I find the graphics to be the best ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/xrhsths#p/a/u/0/QqTpU2rZrw8

turkana
2009-11-11, 07:47 PM
I found a website were you apperently can get the phoenix for 20$ incl all connectors. Well I orderd it and we will se how the results are. Regards Pete

XSTAR
2009-11-11, 10:14 PM
Does it come with the dongle? I have the software installed but need the usb dongle.

Safety First
2009-11-12, 04:22 AM
The way this thing is going you will be telling soon me that you found somebody that will actually pay me to use their software.

Thank you all!

Patrick Fortin
2009-11-13, 11:27 AM
Hey André, j'ai revé a toi cette nuit, tu avais aussi reccommencer a faire
du ski alpin!!!!!
Fouille moi pourquoi.......

Safety First
2009-11-14, 06:15 PM
Beaucoup de gens ont fait des suggestions afin de se debarasse de moi. Je dois dire que ta tentative subliminale de m' interesse au ski alpin est tout a fait Machavelique.

Bonjour quand meme...

Andre

Safety First
2009-11-14, 06:22 PM
PHEONIX

Good graphix- free update- nice choice of aircraft and heli.

Thank's to all.

PS:I will receive my new "confuser" this coming Friday, pheonix B/O

Kevin Rochon
2009-11-16, 08:31 PM
En passant Andre ou as tu achete ton Mac?

Kevin

turkana
2009-11-16, 08:39 PM
Xstar it comes with a USB Dongel. But I have not yet recieved it. We will see. Reagrds Pete

Safety First
2009-11-17, 04:39 AM
Salut Kevin,
Acheter en ligne Apple Store.ca Meme prix chez Apple Store Fairview Pt-Claire.

Excellent service, 50 modeles en demo,les representants ne sont pas payes a commission.

PS:Attention ce produit peu conduire a la dependance.... BY BY PC....

Paul Weijers
2009-11-17, 09:24 AM
I am selling off all flight related equipment, including the G4 simulator. For a complete list send me an e-mail and I will send you the list with pics.
paul.weijers@videotron.ca

Kevin Rochon
2009-11-17, 01:47 PM
Andre je te demandais cela parce que j'ai travaille 10 ans chez Micro Boutique(maintenant INSO).

J'adore les Mac en fait le systeme(Leopard); mais maintenant la machine est comme un PC a deux ou trois fois le prix.

Kevin

briankizner
2009-11-17, 03:24 PM
Fabio, please don't become another MAC snob, looking down your nose at us poor, unenlightened, PCers. My stepdaughter was like you three years ago when she got her MAC, admittedly a beautiful machine without the freeze-up and virus problems that have affected virtually every version of Windows. However, after lording it over us for a year, the video card on the MAC failed and servicing it ended up taking nearly a year.
MACs are definitely wonderful, but not perfect.

Safety First
2009-11-18, 04:24 AM
Actually Brian I intend to occasionaly use Window 7 ("this time we solved the problem") in parralel so that I can stay intouch with the real world.I did not expect that I would loose my "friends" so fast...I sort of expected a shockwave but not a tsunami. I will set up a mail account in Outlook just for you. Sorry I have to leave you, incoming messages from Window let see 1500 security updates...

Hope to see you soon!

xed
2009-11-18, 08:36 AM
Sorry Andre, cannot be your friend anymore.... MAC?????????????

I like Mac's, never owned one but they are so pretty.... and expensive too!