PDA

View Full Version : Wife's and RC

Eric Marchand
2007-05-13, 08:04 PM
After 3 years, my wife is starting to understand how this hobby works...I just showed her my Dad's new plane I just finished, telling her it's ready to fly. She answered :

"Nice, make sure to take a picture first..."

She's on to me...:owws:

Dwight Macdonald
2007-05-13, 11:50 PM
It's a good thing we're flying from the ground and not in the plane with the way this hobby works!

Sunfly
2007-05-14, 12:16 PM
What ever the place the hobby takes in our life, we have to make sure the wife and the family comes first.
We also have to be good negotiator and hold the grounds when there is
what I call a FlyDay.
A FlyDay to me was every day when I am off from work and when the weather would be agreable to the activity.
With the time and experience I also added:when it is not our wedding anniversary, when there is no visitors at home, when it is not Mother's day, when it is not a birthday,when the grass is still short enough and finally when I get the official OK from my wife herself.
Geesssss where went the summer, it's gone!!! :cool:

Rarely I had to state I did not get my private pilot license because, not only of the costs involved, but also of all the time it would take me away from home. She is happy in a sense that I will stay on the ground surrounded by fellows that share the same passion and if she wants to see me she can always come visit at the club anytime.
A long time ago I even tried to interest her to the hobby. Girls in general
are not into planes.Too bad, I would have got more FlyDays out of it.

So Guys, to get more FlyDays just be agreable to the wife, specially the night before and insist on the many FlyDays sacrifices you already made and try to get her official OK.
You can't leave the house and the wife on a bad note. You need the good positive official OK. Like that at least you will get to the club with a good feeling and will most likely fly better.

Take this with a grain of salt and have many good FlyDays every one.

We deserve it !!

Eric Marchand
2007-05-14, 05:32 PM
And if your wife thinks this is a dumb hobby, go out and buy yourself some plad pants, a pink or yellow polo shirt, a checkered beret with a pompom on top, put it all on, and when you display the outfit for her, proudly declaring you have seen the wisdom of her words and have decided to take up golfing, ask her if she can use her sewing machines to make you a set of fur golf club covers.

At the very least, she will probably go out and buy you a new remote...

Sunfly
2007-05-15, 11:22 AM
She thinks it is a great hobby.
I didn't have to go that far and guess what ! She bought me a new remote anyways.

;)

Eric Marchand
2007-05-15, 05:21 PM
I got you beat. My worktable is 36 x 60", overlooked by a 14 foot wall with 2 rows of hangers for the 6 or 7 planes in the flying roster. Add to that a rolling toolbox/workbench, and two plastic 3 drawer organisers I can wheel out from under the worktable, and you get my hobby setup.

I left out the best part : all this is located...In the master bedroom !!!!

Sunfly
2007-05-16, 09:23 AM
This is really bad.
Your workshop in your bedroom ! Worst scenario.
If I have some problems sleeping instead of tossing for hours I go downstairs in my workshop and I can build during a good part of the night.

It is almost like the LCD Shovel 2007 from "Les tetes ? claques"
Tu peltes pendant les annonces: What an amazing concept !

pauldaigle
2007-05-16, 12:21 PM
Now if you could only tweek that controller to get her to mow the lawn,

hummmm..............:robo: