PDA

View Full Version : First flight 2010

PaulG-rc
2010-01-01, 10:39 AM
Well I just came in from having my first flight of the New Year 2010 :D
It was only with my small Blade MSR but its still the my first new year flight.
Light snow falling , light breeze ,mild -4'c what more.............yes more time to go to the club but have to work later :o

Burning Head
2010-01-01, 01:19 PM
This smal chopper will make history:). I was at the club from 11:30 to 12:45. with a new years hang over. If I no you will be there, I will stay longer time Paul, but even the E motor sond like hell in my head. see you next time:cool:

Mick
2010-01-01, 03:41 PM
I just had my first flight of the year in the apartment with my new HK-450MT, the all alloy T-Rex clone with a Bell 206 fuselage, motor, ESC, 3xHXT900 servos, GA410 gyro, HG-201HB digital tail servo and battery all from Hobby City. All for the amazing price of $200 plus postage. The number of times I had to build, strip, rebuild just to find I should have removed or fitted a previous part earlier in the build, then start again. However, today it flew well in a stable hover with no tail wag in both gyro modes. I did not take it more than 6 inches off the floor for fear of hitting something. I look forward to a bit more space on the 12th for its true maiden flight.

As this was my first scale heli, I now have the utmost respect for Bill, Lamahorse, Paul, Denis etc. who build such fantastic scale machines compared to this out of the box effort. You must have triple jointed fingers and amazing patience. You were the inspiration for this first effort, thank you.

Burning Head
2010-01-01, 04:21 PM
Wow Mick, great machine and nice look. well done:cool:

beto9
2010-01-01, 05:02 PM
(With a deep voice...) "Come back to the light, Luke" (er, I mean Mick...)
"May the force be with you..."

PaulG-rc
2010-01-02, 08:28 AM
Wow thats great Mick, good job. :D

I'm glad you experiance the scale fuselage fitting, its always lots of work especially if the fuselage is not made perfectly to fit the boom heli like the Huey I'm working on for Jim.
Still the reward to see it fly and look like the real deal is well worth the effort :D

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-02, 07:39 PM
Looks great Mick, I look forward to seeing it on the 12th.

$200 for the whole kit - amazing.

Andrew

Denis Cloutier
2010-01-03, 12:06 AM
Looks good Mick
Scale has no secrets, test fit and test fit again before cutting. And after 20 scale I still make many mistakes.:mad:

PaulG-rc
2010-01-03, 12:08 AM
With scale you need to take your time to look at all angles :D

Mick
2010-01-03, 10:38 AM
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I made a number of mistakes, most you can't see. If this one goes well then I might consider a slightly bigger and more adventurous scale heli.

Don't worry Albert, I can still see the light, although it is getting dimmer.....