PDA

View Full Version : Clik 2.0 foamie

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-02, 07:46 PM
I am just about finished my Clik 2.0 and was wondering about the airbrakes. They seem pretty fragile so was thinking about leaving them off. Any opinions as to whether or not they are useful for general flying?

Also, it seems like I get a fair bit more down travel than up, so am worried about adverse yaw. Only one aileron servo, so can't dial it out. Do others have the same concern?

Andrew

Xavier
2010-01-02, 11:37 PM
I see two purposes for the airbrake.
1. When going down on a loop or stall turn etc, the airplane will accelerate less.
2. Greating drags means that you need more power to fly at the same speed. It makes controling the speed easier as when you increase the trottle, the speed increase is not as much as without the brakes. The top speed will be also slower.
Both of these are small differences and the Clik will fly very well without then also. I would say that you could put them on and see how long they stay. They will most likely come off during transportation more than in flight.

I haven't noticed much effect from the different travel up and down probably because we don't roll for very long indoor before it's time to turn anyway. To eliminate the assymetry, you would need a servo arm with hole that are aft of the pivot (I think). You could make one from a thin piece of fiberglass or plastic and glue it on top of your existing servo arm.

Xavier

Mick
2010-01-03, 08:47 AM
I did not see much difference with or without airbrakes just doing simple indoor manoeuvres but the theory is as Xavier says that in using more power to achieve flying speed you have more flow over the control surfaces therefore greater control. I have stuck with them as so far they have survived reasonably intact.

As for the aileron asymmetry I have checked mine and I don't have this issue, equal travel each way. Is the hole in the aileron servo horn above the hinge line?

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-03, 08:13 PM
I should have read the instructions fully... They say that some amount of differential (more up than down is needed), and that this can be produced by attaching the butterfly shaped piece of fibreglass to the servo horn and using holes forward of the servo centerline (assuming the pushrods are on the bottom.) That did it.

I have assembled the airbrakes, but not attached them. I will try without the first night.

Andrew

Kevin Rochon
2010-01-04, 01:17 PM
Good info guys as I'm about to build mine.

thanks
Kevin

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-04, 08:26 PM
If you haven't tracked down the instructions (none in the package), check the two links at the bottom of http://www.icare-rc.com/click2.htm.

Andrew

Kevin Rochon
2010-01-05, 01:47 PM
Mine had two sheet in the back.

They say to use on some parts Polyurethane(?) glue is that Gorilla glue?

Kevin

Ronald Longtin
2010-01-05, 04:07 PM
C'est bien ça!

wawapilot
2010-01-27, 02:30 PM
At last nights indoor, someone requested that I post build instructions or picture sheet for the clik. Q. Is it legal to do so? Or, should whoever wants it go to the clik site??

xed
2010-01-27, 05:01 PM
If the instructions are available elsewhere online, I don't see a problem with posting the link to them or the PDF directly...

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-27, 05:36 PM
A link to the instructions is in the 6th post above.

Andrew