PDA

View Full Version : Indoor flying 26 Jan 2010

Mick
2010-01-25, 05:25 PM
NEW RULES

To avoid having less than than 6 planes/helis in the air, whilst other people could not get a peg, there will now be 7 pegs for each colour. However, only the first 6 planes/hels into the air are permitted to fly. If you are late getting ready for a slot and there are six people already flying then tough, be quicker next time. There is nothing like a bit of competition get your attention. You still can only take two pegs, try to avoid taking the last peg of a colour.

PLEASE DO NOT FLY IF THERE ARE SIX PEOPLE ALREADY FLYING.

We will try this tomorrow evening, if anarchy takes over and we end up with too many planes/helis flying then we will revert to 6 pegs and some frustrated members.

Thanks,

PaulG-rc
2010-01-25, 05:52 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Xavier
2010-01-25, 06:16 PM
So you don't want to try my idea of the natural elimination during the first slot ? :-)

PaulG-rc
2010-01-25, 06:20 PM
Hehehehe :D

Andrew Fernie
2010-01-25, 08:03 PM
I won't be able to make it this week - that will free up a couple of slots. See you all on Feb 2.

Andrew

Burning Head
2010-01-25, 10:40 PM
Nomercy:cool:for light craft, I got no problem with this new rule:D

PaulG-rc
2010-01-26, 04:22 PM
Juste a note to say I will be going to Lafleur on Gouin near the indoor for 17:30 for super if anyone wants to join in, late super is not good for me :)

Burning Head
2010-01-26, 04:30 PM
Copy Paul , heading to the pit stop for 5:30:cool:

PaulG-rc
2010-01-26, 04:32 PM
Cool see you there Richard :)

Dwight Macdonald
2010-01-26, 04:35 PM
Great to have the choice ... before or after flying!

Denis Cloutier
2010-01-26, 04:37 PM
je vous rejoint chez Lafleur
:D

PaulG-rc
2010-01-26, 04:39 PM
:partytime: cool!

Burning Head
2010-01-26, 08:57 PM
Great indoors evening, and a lot of Mid-air with new rule, thats rock but...:cool:

Xavier
2010-01-26, 09:50 PM
I think that some adjustments are needed with the popularity increase. There were a more than usual number of mid-air tonight and that's not fun for anyone.

In my opinion, one cause for midair is differences of speed and flying pattern. For the same reason we don't mix airplane and heli, we should not have airplanes going slow and doing 3D/hovering with fast airplanes flying mostly in circle.

3 midair I have seen tonight were between as fast and slow airplanes and each time there was extensive damages with both airplanes going down. Another midair I have seen (I was one of the two pilot) was between 2 slow airplanes and the damage was minimal. Both airplanes just continu flying.

The small p51/cessna/sukkoi are going fast and are very difficult to see so you can't know were there are most of the time.

I would suggest that the slot be assigned by type or airplane. Here is my take on the split:
1-Light foamie similar to the Clik with small motor, (under 6oz if we want to use numbers)
2-Faster/Heavier foamie with bigger motor (6-13oz - Heavier than that should not fly indoor with other airplanes in my opinion)
3-Parkzone P51, Cessna, Sukkoi

I understand that the number of slot doesn't work with the above suggestion for now but I am sure we could think of something different. From the airplane I have seen tonight, I think that there could be 2 groups of #1 and one group for each #2 & #3.

Xavier

PaulG-rc
2010-01-26, 10:26 PM
I also agree,there was more mid air tonight.

Here are some pictures and a video clip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/PaulG91/20100126#

YouTube- WIMAC-Session-3.WMV

beto9
2010-01-27, 09:32 AM
There were few midair in the previous session with the same mix of planes flying.
I think the law of averages is catching up now.

Also, maybe because of the fatalities by 8 PM half of the pilots have left...

Burning Head
2010-01-27, 11:37 AM
It was like the Brit war:cool:, with too many lost plane in bolt side:D.

PaulG-rc
2010-01-27, 11:40 AM
I saw you left early Richard , did you get hit too ?

nitrouspete
2010-01-27, 12:19 PM
Hi to the indoor gang,

Flying by the size of aircraft. I think this idea could be done. Not comforting flying with giants. I don't think I am alone on this. I fly a P-51 and a Blade mSR. (both small).

Also with the amount of Blade mSR's showing up, we could allow more then 6 to fly at once.

Peter D.

PaulG-rc
2010-01-27, 12:26 PM
I also agree with the Heli side with the tiny helis that can fly together in a very short space it could be done if more helis are joinning in. :)

A note on flying the 450 size helis, I beleive they should restrict to a simple hover do to the size and space needed to manouver around.
It gets a bit scary as you cant really look around when flying a heli all you have is the sound getting louder as it gets closer to you.

This happen to me last night as I got scared by a 450 and lost control of my MSR :eek:

JimmyG
2010-01-27, 12:51 PM
Personally I think the 450’s are to large for the space available. There is not enough space to be a safe distance from them especially if one is flying close to the spectators.
With the smaller helis out on the market now days and having similar stability and control as the 450’s it might be a good idea to re-evaluate the size limits we have on aircrafts for indoor flying.

Mick
2010-01-27, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts on how to make this indoor session even better. There were 20 people flying last evening, very busy, too many mid-airs and too many people flying too close to the flight line. There was a lot of discussion at Moe's bar afterwards on the new rules and size and style of flying. Therefore combining all this together I have the following proposal:

Planes:

4 slots divided by colours as follows:

Yellow - 3D only
Pink - General circuit flying, no 3D or fast Parkzone
Green - Parkzone and other small, fast models only
Blue - General circuit flying, no 3D or fast Parkzone

Return to the 6 peg rule, less confusion. We will see how the above works.

Heli:

2 slots divided by colour as follows:

Black - larger, up to 450 size but max 4 at a time and keep well away from the flight line
Orange -smaller as many as you wish (see how many show up?)

We want to keep the fun high with no accidents. Hopefully the above will also encourage people to have a go at multiple disciplines.

Comments always welcomed.

drgilo1973
2010-01-27, 04:19 PM
i agree with u mick ..

morse
2010-01-27, 04:26 PM
Hi as a visitor i also seen something that i could not beleive . As a pilot was flying i seen

a young lady grab at the stick on the remote harmless if you crash outdoors but indoors

not something that i would like to see things just happen so quick .

beto9
2010-01-27, 04:31 PM
Hi as a visitor i also seen something that i could not beleive . As a pilot was flying i seen

a young lady grab at the stick on the remote harmless if you crash outdoors but indoors

not something that i would like to see things just happen so quick .

Hmmmm..... these postings are going to increase our insurance premiums...
Better to talk to the person right away, in a polite manner, explaining what you saw and why is dangerous...
Members, directors and spectators alike are all capable of reducing hazardous mistakes... just get involved! This hobby is going to be killed by two factors alone: accidents and noise....
I know, I know "The sky is falling!":angry:

xed
2010-01-27, 04:59 PM

I assume you mean harmless if you crash indoors but outdoors..... Which is not entirely true in either case, particularly if it happened to be a Heli...

Burning Head
2010-01-27, 05:31 PM
I saw you left early Richard , did you get hit too ?

I mid-air Kevin and is brand new rebuild Clik:o at my 2 fly,sorry about it Kevin, the trafic was too heavy for me. But I have fun any way:D.

morse
2010-01-27, 05:48 PM
people wise machines can be replaced but not a life

zorba
2010-01-27, 07:11 PM
Hi guys sorry I'm late with the video from yerstedays session.
Here it is.

Enjoy
YouTube- WIMAC Indoor.wmv

Dwight Macdonald
2010-01-27, 08:32 PM
That sounds like a good plan to try for next week Mick.

Xavier
2010-01-27, 09:25 PM
So we will only take one pin, and fly twice per hour right ? We will fly less but repair less also. It should be more fun.

My only concern is that we lost the first yellow slot yesterday. That makes it only 3 slots for the 3D group.

Xavier

Burning Head
2010-01-27, 09:26 PM
Cool Video Bill:cool: we can see the P51 navigate between the german bombardier:cool:

PaulG-rc
2010-01-27, 10:39 PM
I like the video Bill, thank you :D

drgilo1973
2010-02-02, 10:13 PM
for the session of 2 feb 2010 i think it was much much better than the last week less crash , more fun , more organisation , less fear , less repair ,
thnks for all