PDA

View Full Version : Indoor flying - 2 March 2010

Mick
2010-02-24, 06:04 PM
There isn't any -this is the week we take a rest from all the excitement. So we will resume on 9th March. Time to repair or buy/build a combat plane so bring some 2m lengths of bathroom tissue.

GeorgeU
2010-03-01, 12:07 PM
Or stock up on new batteries that were left in the Celectra 4 port charger...

I left 4 new batteries in the charger for 1 week thinking that the charger turns off when the LED goes out. Well the charger does turn off however the LiPo discharges if left in-circuit. I now have 4 batteries each measuring ~ 0.8V.:no::o:angry:

Andrew Fernie
2010-03-01, 12:37 PM
I had a similar issue with an Equinox balancer (the kind that goes between the charger and the battery). After the charge finishes the balancer keeps running, drawing current from the battery. This wasn't a big issue when balancing large capacity batteries, but it killed a small one. Moral of the story is remove your batteries from the charger/balancer when full.

Andrew

Xavier
2010-03-01, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the advise guys. I'll be sure to remove them from the charger/balancer everytime.

Xavier

beto9
2010-03-02, 09:12 AM
Probably the situation is like this: the balancer finds one cell a bit low and uses the others to correct, now some other also got low... etc etc.
Or I wonder if to balance it discharges the high ones?
I have an Equinox but I always removed them when finished.
Perhaps a call to the company will settle the issue...

It will also help if the suspect package is removed from the balancer when fully charged and a week later plugged back only in the balancer (it can work independently of the charger) to see if you have a weak cell.

Denis Cloutier
2010-03-02, 05:47 PM
Heli Pilot: Indoor flying tonight at Mascouche indoor soccer field from 8:00 to 10:30 20$:D:D