PDA

View Full Version : Aerosalon, What a show

bob forest
2007-05-25, 05:05 PM
Big crowds today for the Heli show and RC plane show. Nick put on a Heli demo, that you had to see to be believed. Steve and Richard Barlow MAAC president presented a scholorship check to a fellow from Quebec province. He is in Aeronotics, and also RC. Albert and I standing in front of our planes in the MAAC booth. 2500 square feet. The small Heli, is Nick flying it in the tent.

bob forest
2007-05-25, 05:09 PM
More pics, as you can see a lot of people, and the planes again just great.

Dwight Macdonald
2007-05-26, 10:11 PM
I was there today and had the privilege of flying my FuntanaS90 in the two 20 minute airshows we gave. It was a great and enthusiastic crowd! Xavier flew my trainer first for 3 minutes then I flew my Funtana which was followed by Paul Burrage with his 100cc Extra. After Paul was an awesome heli demo by Nick Debaise. Jean Chevalier then gave a perfect scale flight on his huge Super Cub ... beautiful ... The grand finale was Sebastien Lajoie doing an amazing 3D show with his 110cc Extra with smoke on ... WOW! We also flew park and indoor planes most of the day. We also had engine running demos with two turbine jets ... some with smoke on! ... very realistic sound. The indoor display had a great variety of beautiful aircraft ... many scratch built scale ... including several huge WW1 era scale ones ... I felt transported back in time! This was a really terrific publicity event in support of the hobby! Thanks for all you work in oranizing it guys!

bob forest
2007-05-26, 10:52 PM
Again, another great day, more pics for you to see what went on. Dwight gave a good report of what went on.

bob forest
2007-05-26, 10:55 PM
more of today

bob forest
2007-05-26, 10:57 PM
Again, more activity of today

bob forest
2007-05-27, 09:13 PM
The show is finally over. I want to take this opportunity to thanks all those that came to help, with the booth and the flying.
Bob

bob forest
2007-05-27, 09:30 PM
Andrew in his special position for taking great pics, and George Bozian standing proudly in front of his P47. Steve Woloz our Zone Director hard at work, totally focussed on what he is writing. Also as you can see the school got 2 nd place against many universtities all over North America in the most weight lifted by an RC model.

bob forest
2007-05-27, 09:34 PM
That's me just exited at looking at a great model. What a hobby.

xed
2007-05-27, 10:23 PM
Looks like it was a great event Bob, nice pictures too. Regretting not coming out now.

Kevin Rochon
2007-05-28, 04:30 PM
I see a nice Snowbird Tutor, any info on that, just a plastic model or RC elect. or turbine?

Kevin

Safety First
2007-05-28, 05:24 PM
For the first time since I've been a member at MAAC, I was invited to spend 2 days at the Aero Salon 2007,what a wonderfull experience! I felt extremely proud of being part of this modelers association. I was very impressed with the professionalism of the organization of the event.

I wish to express my gratitude to our zone Directors, Steve Woloz, Bob Forest and also Xavier Moureaux for their tremendous work, planning, marketing, public relation, every detail was taken care of.

Can I quit my job and join you?

It wouldn't have been possible without MAAC President Richard Barlow who was keeping an eye on the coorporate image.:laugh:

It will be my pleasure to be part of next year's team!

Andr? Gagnon

bob forest
2007-05-28, 08:13 PM
Kevin, it was a Turbine Jet designed and built by David Ravanelle. He sold the mold to a US company that is now making it and selling it.
You had to see it. Really really nice.

bob forest
2007-05-28, 08:18 PM
Andre, thanks for the great comments. We also appreciated your efforts, especially your idea of having the Heli's outside at the entrance. It brought a lot of attention and interest.
Again, thanks
Bob

Andrew Fernie
2007-05-28, 10:36 PM
The weather was a bit grey on Sunday, then it started to get wet around noon, but still some wonderful aircraft on display in the MAAC tent, and some great flying as well. My photos can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/AndrewJFernie, then look for the Aero Salon 2007 album.

This was a great event for MAAC - I can't think of a better way to get positive exposure. The organizers (Bob, Steve, Xavier, and I am sure many others) deserve all our thanks for their efforts.

Andrew